AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
mewithoutYou - Carousels

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Agalloch - The Hawthorne Passage

I'm addicted to this song and it reminds me that I need to watch The Seventh Seal. I've been putting it off too long, I even have the damn thing on my computer so there's no excuse for my laziness anymore. I'll do it tomorrow.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Poison the Well - To Mandate Heaven

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Bal-Sagoth - Of Carnage and a Gathering of the Wolves

Is it me, or is everything pre-The Chtonic Chronicles decidedly ghey?

Off course, they still had Dragonforce's drummer back then, which would explain a lot.

Edit: Mind that this particular one is pretty win.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Nihternennes - Atlantic Accelerator

Quite non-default, black / progressive (although I still dunno what defines the latter), melodic, etc. Influenced by Diabolical Masquerade (I assume, since they share some elements and have a cover of that one).

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
What be the exact difference between regular and lossless, and would it be discernable with a €30,- set of earplugs / a Logitech 2.1 set?

Also, iTunes sucks for not being able to play FLAC.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
mp3 and mp4 result in throwing away some audio data for the sake of saving space. Lossless gives you exactly what you got on the CD, or LP, or whatever. Whether it's discernible with a €30 set of earplugs probably depends on your hearing; with the Kensington speakers I have on my computer it's definitely discernible though.

Also, yes, I barely use iTunes anymore. Though it shouldn't be very hard to convert them to ALAC with something like dBPowerAmp. Then again, I don't bother with lossless on my iPod (not enough space for all the stuff I'd want to have), so I just make mp4s for my iPod and play all my lossless stuff with foobar.

Wolves in the Throne Room - Ahrimanic Trance

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I know, 4 GB was a shitload of space a few years ago, but now it's far too little, :/. I'm getting 16 at the very least if I ever buy a new one again.

Dimmu Borgir - Inn I Evighetens Morke Part 1

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I have a 120GB, which is enough for now.

Wolves in the Throne Room - Vastness and Sorrow

Top Bottom