AKA
The Man, V
Caravan - [In the Land of Grey and Pink #02] Winter Wine [7:36]

this is quickly becoming one of my favourite Caravan songs

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
No shit, it's one of their finest tunes. Nine Feet Underground, though, definitely is one of the most amazing prog epics out there, imo up there with Supper's Ready and A Plague Of Lighthouse Keepers. :monster: Also if you want to expand beyond Grey and Pink, I highly suggest the live album Live At The Fairfield Halls, it has no Grey and Pink tunes but their best songs besides Grey and Pink, and the sound and performance is absolutely amazing, to say the least.

Abigor - Soil Of Souls

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I'll have to grab that. And yeah Nine Feet Underground is obviously goddamn sublime and probably their best song.

Caravan - [In the Land of Grey and Pink #05] Nine Feet Underground [22:45]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
It sure is, such damn pleasant melodies, and David Sinclair is on fire. And the part when his brother Richard Sinclair takes vocals, wonderful. Very pleasant memories of smoking weed and listening to Nine feet underground, really. :monster:

Abigor - The Spirit Of Venus

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
yeah those organ solos are amazing

Caravan - [In the Land of Grey and Pink #06] Frozen Rose [6:10]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Caravan - [For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night #04] C'thlu Thlu [6:12]

Iä! Fhtagn!

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Caravan - [Live at the Fairfield Halls, 1974 #01] Memory Lain, Hugh / Headloss [9:28]

Impressive.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Gentle Giant - [Acquiring the Taste #01] Pantagruel's Nativity [6:52]

I now see where Steven Wilson got the influence for his vocal harmonies

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Steven Wilson isn't as insane as the Giant, though. I remember readinbg a hilarious article why old prog is much better than new prog because musicians were batshit insane, on crazy drugs or whatever haha.

Bathory - Nocturnal Obeisance

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah, that's probably true in a lot of cases :monster: Of course new prog does have bands like Ruins as well, which are also pretty insane :monster:

Camel - [Mirage #01] Freefall [5:54]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Yeah like Thinking Plague, mIrthkon, Cheer Accident etc etc. but the bigger prog acts these days are pretty unimaginative and lifeless imo. Although sometimes pretty damn good in what they do, they never give me that feel of classic prog.

Emperor - Thus Spake The Nightspirit

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah I can agree that most of the most successful prog acts these days don't give you the same feel of adventurousness that the classic acts do, which is unfortunate.

Camel - [Mirage #02] Supertwister [3:19]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Yeah though a lot of newish bands are trying to recapture that feeling, while some are pretty good at it (Astra, Wobbler) and others fail (Opeth lol)

Emperor - Opus A Satana

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Well yeah, Heritage was kind of all over the place. :monster: Pale Communion was less adventurous but also less incoherent.

Camel - [The Snow Goose #06] The Snow Goose [3:12]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Peter Gabriel - [Peter Gabriel 3 (Melt) #10] Biko [7:26]

Better than anything Genesis did without Gabriel. In fact, this whole album is, probably.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

How to troll your annoying neighbours. :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Peter Gabriel - [Peter Gabriel 4 (Security) #06] Lay Your Hands on Me [6:10]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Tuxedomoon - Dorian

Whoa this band was so amazing live yesterday, I bought a vinyl immediately after the show. Jazzy avant garde new wave or something but whatever it is it's gooood.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Camel - Freefall

I love finding dead cheap prog vinyl in excellent condition, I think I made a pretty good prog haul with Mirage, Genesis Live, Yesshows, The Six Wives Of Henry VIII and Klaus Schulze - Picture music.

Top Bottom