What are you listening to?

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan

When you walk away, you don't hear me say, "Pleaseeeeee, oh baby, don't go!"

In the comments section, someone who claims to be PLANiTb mentioned where certain samples came from: "The bass is from an old Robert Miles record, sampled and key placed placed in midi. The FX are from Time & Space (sorry, I honestly can't remember which), the drums are obviously 909, 808."

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
Bill Conti is overlooked by too many people, his work on Karate Kid 2 is the best part of the movie imho. I'm partial to Rocky saga's score not only because it's awesome but because I use multiple tracks for my workout playlist lol. If motivation was music, it'd be a Rocky medley.

I have been listening to Cowboy Bepop songs ever since I finished the anime.
Cowboy Bebop songs are timeless. Also, Tank! is the best anime opening theme ever.
And that's how I got my username :monster:

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Bill Conti is overlooked by too many people, his work on Karate Kid 2 is the best part of the movie imho. I'm partial to Rocky saga's score not only because it's awesome but because I use multiple tracks for my workout playlist lol. If motivation was music, it'd be a Rocky medley.

Cowboy Bebop songs are timeless. Also, Tank! is the best anime opening theme ever.
Call Me
Gotta knock a little harder
No Reply
Is it Real?

But I guess the most emotional song is Space Lion, it just engulfs me in a mix of emotions.

The entire soundtrack is phenomenal, as it is the anime.

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
Space Lion is a gift for prog music fans, first time I heard it in HD was akin to a religious experience. Blue has always been my fave because feels. That anime was full of serious, sad and silly moments... I enjoy the wackier side of the OST (Cats on Mars, Chicken bone, Mushroom hunting) just as much.

EDIT:
My mom's nagging
Be nice, she nags beause she cares :lol::lol:

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate

Yeah, good luck getting that CD nowadays for a decent price. I bought it years ago, brand new for $15. Now they're around $100 something lol. I like the Rocky stuff too!

Theozilla

Kaiju Member

Isn’t his name Steve Conte though?

Anyways Call Me Call Me always tugs at my heartstrings, definitely one of the safest scenes of egg eating in any media thanks in large part to the music.

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
Isn’t his name Steve Conte though?

Anyways Call Me Call Me always tugs at my heartstrings, definitely one of the safest scenes of egg eating in any media thanks in large part to the music.

Steve Conte composed Call me (love it too!) and the japanese band The seatbelts made a cover of it as well (I'm almost certain that Cowboy Bebop Blue features Conte's version). Blue is credited to Tim Jensen (lyrics) and Yōko Kanno. Kanno was the main composer and many songs were performed by several artists (mainly by The seatbelts).
Kanno is a versatile and prolific composer, I remember the OST for The Vision of Escaflowne fondly. Back in the day, this was the definition of anime epicness:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Steve Conte composed Call me (love it too!) and the japanese band The seatbelts made a cover of it as well (I'm almost certain that Cowboy Bebop Blue features Conte's version). Blue is credited to Tim Jensen (lyrics) and Yōko Kanno. Kanno was the main composer and many songs were performed by several artists (mainly by The seatbelts).
Kanno is a versatile and prolific composer, I remember the OST for The Vision of Escaflowne fondly. Back in the day, this was the definition of anime epicness:
Oh yeah I know that, I am just confused because didn’t you call him Bill Conti?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Talking Heads – [Stop Making Sense #14] Girlfriend Is Better [5:11]

it’s utterly beyond me how white people can be this funky – Tina in particular shines on this track (but then, when doesn’t she?)

also, if you haven’t heard “This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)” in a while, do yourself a favour and listen to it. Stop Making Sense version (probably the definitive performance):

music video:

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Listening to Mobius FF osts, specially the final area and boss theme which completely blows my mind of how epic and inspiring it is. I can't wait for the 3rd official soundtrack's release.

This might be one of my favorite FF compositions at this point. The vocals have a Nier / Xenogears touch, and then it gets to bombastic renditions of various recurring themes from the game. It pumps my fucking soul.

I couldn't be more overjoyed with Mitsuto Suzuki's work in this title.

Then I found out Haken (prog metal) is releasing a new album, there's one track released so far and liked it a lot. Its called Canary Yellow.

Also the Seatbelts made a new performance of The Real Folk Blues.

I'm in ecstasy I can't write anymore.

Last edited:

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
^ I'll always cherish that series.

I haven't been in the mood for many vocal songs lately, only OSTs from RPGs (or anything that resembles them). Here's a selection:

Top Bottom