What are you looking forward to most in ACC?

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Re: What are you looking forward to most in ACC?

Because a lot of people want to see Sephiroth using magic in the battle against Cloud, mainly, i think, because they were kinda disappointed that Sephiroth, having all that magic power in FFVII, didn't use any magic ability in AC.

Personally, i think the battle was good as it was, with just a few glimpses at Sephiroth's true power, like Sephiroth covering the sky with the Negative Lifestream or when he brought down the top of Shinra's Building with little exertion, but from what I've gathered, people want to see something less subtle and more direct, like Sephiroth blowing up something.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa

What matters is the context of the fight. Sephiroth wanted to engage Cloud on his own level, to show him that that no matter how far they've both come he can still defeat him in a straight-up duel.

I agree with you. I think Sephiroth darkening the sky with his own Lifestream is foreboding enough to show what potential he's hiding.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

[quote author=Masamune link=topic=15.msg28479#msg28479 date=1236521443]
If Sephiroth can get Cloud on the ropes with a sword-fight, why would he need to do something daft like hurl a meteorite at him?
[/quote]

Well, because he lost? :duhard:

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa

But his defeat was an effect of his complacency, not his power.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa

Pretty much the same thing. He was so satisfied of victory that he screwed about, when he should have been finishing Cloud off.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D

[quote author=IndianaoftheJones link=topic=15.msg28829#msg28829 date=1236636084]
The Negalifestream? Is that an official name? I like it.[/quote]

Yep, it is! :monster:

From the Director's Commentary in the japanese AC DVD:

It was early evening when the Sephiroth battle began.

The black streams that Sephiroth summoned was a negative Lifestream composed of those who died due to Geostigma. It was a good contrast with Cloud standing in the bright evening light.

And from FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania:

Geostigma

? AC ?

A mysterious illness which spread following the Meteor Crisis. It causes black spots to appear on the skin of the sufferers. There is no cure, and sufferers are gradually weakened by random attacks of pain, eventually proving fatal. This is a condition brought on by the overworking of the body’s immune system, trying to purge Jenova’s cells that have entered the body. And even more terrifyingly, the spiritual energy of the dead afflicted with Geostigma will separate from the normal cycle of life and join the Negative Lifestream — Jenova’s mimetic legacy lurking in the Lifestream — and contribute to its power to corrode away the planet.

And I agree with you! It's a cool name!

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

Negastream sounds better to me.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D

[quote author=Dacon link=topic=15.msg28890#msg28890 date=1236642181]
Negastream sounds better to me.
[/quote]

Sounds good too! :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

Negastream does have a cool, evil ring to it. I like that one as well. :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth

[quote author=Masamune link=topic=15.msg28482#msg28482 date=1236522914]I agree with you. I think Sephiroth darkening the sky with his own Lifestream is foreboding enough to show what potential he's hiding.
[/quote]

I love how effortlessly he does it too.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

Blargh, I do that every night, but people've just gone ahead and call it 'night' and attribute it to the rotation of the earth.

ElMonk86

Rookie Adventurer

A complete movie. Supposedly, ACC is what Tetsuya Nomura really wanted all along. So, that means we'll get a more full movie.

Really, though...I want to see all of the new scenes. I want to know if we'll see more of Tseng and Elena too. Maybe they'll also give hints as to where Reno, Rude, and Rufus ended up.

I would also like to see more interactions with the three Silver Haired men. It was implied that Loz and Yazoo didn't always get along but I think it'd be fun to see them get into some kind of argument.

Also more Yuffie would be nice.

Top Bottom