What classic quotes do you hope they keep?

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
"Aerith reads it and realizes it doesn't sound right" would be incorporating it into her actual speech.

Ask @Jairus since that was their comment. :monster:

If she's just reading a sign that someone else wrote, it's not like she's saying it just to say it, especially if she realizes it isn't right and says as much after reading it. That't not forced at all, and it can even be an optional bit of dialogue such as if you interact with the sign.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
If she's just reading a sign that someone else wrote, it's not like she's saying it just to say it, especially if she realizes it isn't right and says as much after reading it. That't not forced at all, and it can even be an optional bit of dialogue such as if you interact with the sign.
Incorporating a meme-ish joke that the majority of Japanese players (their primary market) aren't going to get would very much feel forced. Not to mention bizarre.

Reactions: Ite

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
Incorporating a meme-ish joke that the majority of Japanese players (their primary market) aren't going to get would very much feel forced. Not to mention bizarre.
What about an English only optional dialog? It doesn't have to be a full cinematic scene with motion acting. Just play a voiceover clip and let the automatic lip-sync module do its job. Easy to incorporate and a one line job for the English voice actress. Add this to the English version of the game, done :monster:

But if they only create one master disc that includes all languages for all regions, that becomes less feasible.

Though I do agree. In the real world, incorporating a joke/meme home to only a part of the world doesn't make sense.
FFShinra's suggestion of a trophy text however... Maybe for killing 10k enemies? :monster:

donkeyjack

Pro Adventurer
The number one bit of dialog I want to see in the Remake is actually Cait Sith's. He confronts AVALANCHE on their bombing mission from the beginning of the game, and I think it's a great moment.

Yea, I don't see that quote going anywhere. I love that moment too.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm excited to see how this scene is presented in general. It was a cool moment for me when I pieced together exactly where it fit in the timeline of events. And watching his Mako- and Jenova-addled brain piece together his new persona on the spot.
And I always liked the line, "All the things you didn't know that you should. And other things that you shouldn't know that you did."

Nancy

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Aerith
He always said that just once, he'd like to dress up like a girl (attempting to convince a tailor to make Cloud a dress).

Barret
You damn Midgar hyena...! (To Don Corneo in Wutai)
Cetra? That some kinda disease?

Tifa
Oh! Cloud! Your hair looks like a Chocobo!
Quit slapping me! You old wench!!! (to Scarlet before slapping her repeatedly)
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.
But that's all right. As long as I'm with you... As long as you're by my side... I won't give up even if I'm scared.

Vincent
Vincent. My occupation is...forget it. (introducing himself to Cloud and company)

Yuffie
GROSSNESS! Don't mess with me old man! You don't even have any Materia! (when Don Corneo holds her captive and picks her to be his "companion for the night")
Cloud...sign this. It's a contract that says when the war is over, all the materia will belong to me.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Thought of some more:

Yuffie: GAWD! If had known this would happen, I'd have taken rope escape lessons more seriously!
Elena: That's the will and spirit of the Turks! Believe it!
Cid: Welcome aboard, numbskulls!
Reno: A pro isn't someone who sacrifices himself for his job. That's just a fool.
Cid: Hold onto your drawers and don't piss in 'em!
Vincent: As long as she is happy... I do not mind.
Red XIII: I am the son of the warrior, Seto! I'll see to what's happening to the planet! And I'll return a warrior true to that noble name!
Cloud: Come, planet! Show us your dreams! And Sephiroth! To the settling of everything!
Tifa: You really did come when I was in trouble!

Cid's speech on the Highwind about protecting the planet and him spoiling it by saying he hasn't thought of what to do yet. I always found that scene full of feels and humor both and liked it for that. Also, when Elmyra chews out Barret for leaving Marlene alone. She really ripped into him, and it'll be interesting to see how that plays out in the remake. Oh and Tifa's reaction upon realizing that the others saw her and Cloud under the Highwind the night before the last battle is priceless, that should be quite a moment to see in the remake, too. She'll probably be red as a tomato when that happens.

Girl Named Captain

Lv. 25 Adventurer
mY fAtHeR WaS a WaStReL!!!

For real though, Red's dialogue is gonna be really cool... I hope they lean in to the whole "he's just a lil baby kiddo pretending to be grown" thing. It's gonna be really cute if he keeps trying to use big serious grown-up words and his voice keeps cracking.

Top Bottom