• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What games are you currently playing?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Lawl/. I just killed your post by accident dood :monster:

I hadn't noticed that I had my mod powers.

Anyway.....How's the set pieces in Warhead?Can you run the game at max settings?

Also FC2 had quick save on the pc, so I'm mostly whining about the console version :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Dunno (@ set pieces), what do you mean exactly? And I can't run the game on max settings, don't have a really high-end system. I can run most things on high, resolution on 1024xsomething as I do with all games nowadays, and it looks just fine to me.

Although I'm sure that when it's full throttle it'll look over nine thousand times better.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Set pieces are the big scenes, battles and events and shit. You know, moments where the gorgeous presentation are truly present.

Also, take some pics fgt.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
cba, I'd have to re-install the game and play the big parts of it.

Major events / scenes I remember is a chase scene in a hovercraft on a frozen sea / port, with waves frozen mid-wave, ships, also frozen, etc. That, and the final boss, which is a pretty dull flying thingy that you can destroy with an overpowered rifle (I think, but I forgot already). There's also a pretty long level on a driving train, but nothing really worth remembering. Crysis roxxored better, I think, when everything was new and awesome and whatnot.

The vast majority of the story involves the main character following a crate with one o them aliens along with some general or something, then the aliens come, then you chase it some more, and then I dunno but you end up killing some (generic) flying alien.

The plus side of Warhead is that it has a main character, as opposed to Crysis itself which had the anonymous type. Although I did hear the main character of Crysis would get a personality in a later episode of the series.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Crysis had a main character :monster:

Nomad only talked a little and you never saw him until the end of the game. Psycho was much more entertaining, so I figured Warhead would be fun just because he was there.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Nomad wasn't identifiable at all, I think. Psycho's got this British type of 'I don't give a fuck' about himself, which makes him a tad more awesome (albeit not really original) and identifiable than Nomad, but still. It makes Warhead a bit more interesting in terms of the characters that play in it, but since it's not a really character-driven game, that also gets lost in proverbial translation. There's Psycho himself, that disobeys orders and from whom you get flashbacks from some old training in the past (in speech only btw), there's some dude who's a pilot for one of them dropships, and there's the boss that gives Psycho orders, but neither of them is really identifiable or critical to the game.

Don't get me wrong, in essence it's a good game, but it won't really score points in terms of characters and character development.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Crysis was always about beautiful vistas, violence, and aliens anyway :monster:

Have you played Stalker? I heard it's awesome with mods, but I never bothered to check it out.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, I got it when I bought my computer (it was shipped with my graphics card), but whilst everyone thinks it's the shit, I never was able to get into it - it just lacked the right feeling, lacked a line in the game, lacked the accomplishments you'd gain from killing an enemy or finishing a 'quest' in other games. That, and it took far too long to develop, which means some parts were just way outdated - in particular, the enemies' behavior, which was very 90's it seemed.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I heard killing shit can be way too difficult, when you can get popped easy.

So what game would you recommend for pc?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
World of Goo, :monster:. Naw, last games I played were:

* Left 4 Dead, it's a nice concept, but it's repetitive and has no difficulty curve whatsoever. I haven't played it online (as it's intended to be played), but somehow I doubt it'd be as entertaining as, say, CSS's zombie mod(s).

* GTA IV, it's GTA etc. I haven't finished it, but it's a very high-quality game, with an enormous amount of content and whatnot. I'm not as lyrical with GTA as most people are though, so I don't think it's as fun a game as people make it out to be. But maybe that's just me, :monster:

DMC 4 is available for PC, and it's an awesome arcade-style game - there aren't that much games like that for PC. Although it plays better with a controller, I have to admit.

Sins of a Solar Empire is pretty epic, but you have to have a lot of patience for that.

CoD 5 was pretty good, it got off with a pretty meh beginning, but it grew on me as the game progressed. Still not as awesome as I consider CoD 2 to be though. Also, I should replay CoD 1 one of these days.

Assassin's creed was pretty good, but also repetitive and whatnot. Same with FC 2, same with the new PoP, but that one was far too easy and predictable in terms of gameplay.

There's Bioshock, which is an awesome game, especially graphics, style and atmosphere-wise, but I haven't been able to finish it because of a graphics bug that makes my system crash, :/.

I recently installed Rise of the Argonauts, but that had the same bug - it was also made in the Unreal 3 engine. That game's supposed to be a third-person action game like God of War combined with a lot more story and interaction with people, but it kinda fails at both due to not very smooth fighting and very long (read: dull) conversations in between fights. I'm not sure what to think of it, really. It does have a pretty large, non-default RPG aspect, where them whaddyacall it, accomplishments? Those thingies that get added to your account or something on consoles. Well, those can be used to purchase new skills, four skill trees, each with probably 30+ skills. Nifty.

Other than that, I can't think of anything.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I've played almost all of those on console :monster:

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
I ended up selling Assassin's Creed before I was even half-way through it. I found it quite repetitive and sluggish. There's also that godawful beeping sound whenever you're detected. Annoyed the crap out of me.

I've been playing Fallout 3, aaaand Prince of Persia for the PS3. I found Fallout 3 quite overwhelming at first, since it's so hyper, and the minute I attempted one thing I was already thinking of the next. But now I've got the hang of it all, I'm really enjoying myself.

I think half the charm of Prince of Persia is the voice acting tbh. Nolan North & Kari Wahlgren provide a great chemistry between the lead & love interest (they were also the voices of Vossler & Ashe in FFXII respectively :P). It's also a nice change to be without mooks to fight, emphasizing the conflict and personality of the bosses for each stage. Charming music too!

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Lawl, the Prince's personality and voice acting is awful. Lolchemistry.

enjoy your highschool bullshit.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
[quote author=Dacon link=topic=207.msg25057#msg25057 date=1235933904]
enjoy your highschool bullshit.
[/quote]

I believe I shall.

Sarcasm Orgasm

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Assassin's Creed and the new Prince of Persia suffer from repetetionitis. Both are rentals at least.

Star Ocean 4 is shaping up to be just godly. Fuck yes, a next gen RPG worth oogling over. Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia are good, but not SO4 good.

I've beaten SO: Second Evolution 2 times already. On my 3rd playthrough. No wonder I beat this game so many times on the psone. It's addictive as hell.

As for Killzone's controls...uhh, everything is supposed to have weight, then why is it that the menu has the same weight as the pistol and rocket launcher? I call bullshits. Hey, the game probably plays okay, but that 'weight' just irritates the FUCK out of me. Playing multiplayer with that weight has gotta be a freaking annoyance. No way will I be taking this game seriously.

And this so called weight is identical to milliseconds of input lag, which on an FPS is downright a game killer for most gamers except the fanboys. ;p

Youtube KZ2 input lag. The slow motion shows you exactly what's wrong.

People would be hating 99% of all FPS games if it had this input lag/weight, but I guess they've made an exception with KZ2 for some stupid reason. Lol.

It's not like I'm not gonna give the game a chance. I'll rent it, play the campaign and then try the mp. If that weight still feels as ridiculous as the demo, I won't be hanging onto the game for too long.

Dacon, I KNOW you didn't fucking use a smiley. You NEVER did.. :o

You say that RE5 has shit controls but not KZ2? :-\ Though I do agree. People should mod shit controls.

BTW, I just got my 360's wired controller's breakway cable, so pretty soon I'm gonna buy the adapter that allows me to use the 360 controller on the ps3. This is win.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Everyone I know who has the game has managed to adjusted the controls to suit them just fine if they had problems, and I've had no problems, WHATSOEVER.

There's no lag that's caused the game to be unenjoyable or a problem for me. If I can play the game ok, anyone can. The first Killzone played much the same but no one bitched about it back then.

There might be some lag somewhere in there, but to say OMG WTF GAME IS UNRESPONSIVE AND COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE like so many cunts are, is a complete fallacy and they should be kicked in the nuts.

Fanboy? Fuck off faggot. The first Killzone blew and I own over nine thousand 360 and PC games opposed to the 3 ps3 games I have. I enjoy games in whatever form or console they come in. Console bias is for poor losers who can afford only one and feel the need to defend their purchase.

But for all you whiners, I've heard there's a patch in works. MP doesn't even play the same as the single player.

Using 360 controllers on Ps3 is stupid. I'd rather have a dual shock 2 than either shit controller.

Sarcasm Orgasm

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Dual Shock over a 360 controller for FPS? Now you smoking crack, b. Lol.

We'll see when I rent it. The fact that you can't notice bad the input lag just makes me wonder.

I don't have console bias. In fact, I own 2 ps3s and 1 360. :monster:

However, it's pretty much simple fact that the 360's analogs and triggers >>>>> Dual Shock. Hell, that's why they sell 3rd party controllers where the ps3's left analog and d-pad are interchangeable to be like the 360's.

tangerine

B ● A ● N ● A ● N ● A
AKA
Val
I just finished the first disc of Grandia. It's not bad so far, but I don't exactly find it as excellent as some make it out to be. The characters are pretty uninteresting and dull so far and the voice acting just ruins it for me since it sucks beyond belief. Now I'm just playing to see if any better characters will show up and if the story will actually start being good as I've been told it is.

Even as I play it I'm looking forward to the next game that I want to play, FF: Tactics. I don't have a PSP, so I won't play War of the Lions, but the original version is just as good for me. It's minus the gimmicky extra characters, side-things and the two new jobs which don't matter that much to me, tbh, so I don't really care. I can just view the new GC cut-scenes on youtube or something when I get to that part, too. P:

Link's Awakening. Aaargh, the first boss is the same Moldrom boss that was in ALttP, and it was annoying enough in that game. D:

Other than that, once I get back home and have access to my PlayStation I'll probably replay Vagrant Story.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Other than that, once I get back home and have access to my PlayStation I'll probably replay Vagrant Story.

I was recently trying to beat the game because I own it for ten years now and I still haven't finished it.

I stopped halfway through. Once again.
I think I will never be able to bring myself to finish VS. Which is too bad since the story does seem interesting....>.>

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I've been playing it for a while now tbh, upscaled in a psx emulator, with my sixaxis.

I'm making an attempt to beat it after 7 years.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I've never played Vagrant Story at all. All that I know of it came from Gametrailer's Final Fantasy Retrospective. I should look into it...

Rem

Lv. 25 Adventurer
^ imo its one of the best games ever so I encourage that thought.

Playing Digital Devil Saga - it seems to have a lot to do with cannibalism so far which is interesting.

And

Rayman Raving Rabbids Tv Party :lol:

Top Bottom