• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What is the most thought-provoking game you've ever played?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Snake was still in the game, so I don't know why people get so upset over that. Like, some people say it's the worst game ever because OMG you have to play as...

Because you weren't playing as Snake, but a supposedly seasoned soldier who did an abundance of whining and being talked down to like he never knew what the fuck he was doing.

But yeah, he wasn't that bad, and it was kinda cool seeing snake be badass from another perspective. The scene with the arsenal tengu attacking and their brofight with them was awesome.

Because you weren't playing as Snake, but a supposedly seasoned soldier who did an abundance of whining and being talked down to like he never knew what the fuck he was doing.

But yeah, he wasn't that bad, and it was kinda cool seeing snake be badass from another perspective. The scene with the arsenal tengu attacking and their brofight with them was awesome.

This. Especially the bold part.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I also agree. I never minded Raiden to begin with really, but that could be because I played the whole MGS series in a row last summer and didn't wait 4 years and then didn't play as Snake. But that alone made it worth it, I really liked looking at Snake from the outside perspective.

Killer Tofu

Killing in the Name Of
AKA
Canada
Mario Kart.

Actually, ICO had me wondering "what the fuck" the whole time...but from a superficial level, the puzzles kept you thinking. On another level I couldn't help but think about the one kid who didn't want to accept his fate as a sacrificed, cursed child and ended up saving the world (presumably)

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Lithp, Unholy Quadralateral
Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy Tactics.

They're both fucking confusing.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
The only way I could see someone being confused by VII is the shoddy translation that obscures details at times.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
The only way I could see someone being confused by VII is the shoddy translation that obscures details at times.

I dunno, apparently some people don't understand that Cloud isn't himself in disc one.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
its not really life altering, but play Eternal Sonata on the PS3 (the superior version). It's just a really good somewhat simple story that is told in a unique way and done really well.

ugh I would complain about the MGS2 hate, but it's not worth it. Its one of the internet fads to rip on the game and its become the norm.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
ugh I would complain about the MGS2 hate, but it's not worth it. Its one of the internet fads to rip on the game and its become the norm.

Or you know, because they genuinely didn't like it.

But I don't think anyone here "hated" on the game.

Nocturne

AKA
Just Nocturne will do
eh, certain parts of the game and aspects of it though get WAY blown out of proportion.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Who is anyone to decide whether or not a person's opinion on anything is blown out of proportion or not?

Anyway, Mgs2 is a fucking awesome game with a few less than polished bits. MGS4 I take issue with but that's a whole nother ballpark :awesome:

Nocturne

AKA
Just Nocturne will do
Technically I agree with you, but there are so many people that were like Raiden ruined the game. Yet, the game was freaking awesome like you said. That's what I mean by people blowing things out of proportion. Or the whole, MGS is a movie. Yeah, it may have alot of cutscenes, but it still has just as much if not more gameplay that games without the cutscenes.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Technically I agree with you, but there are so many people that were like Raiden ruined the game. Yet, the game was freaking awesome like you said. That's what I mean by people blowing things out of proportion. Or the whole, MGS is a movie. Yeah, it may have alot of cutscenes, but it still has just as much if not more gameplay that games without the cutscenes.

Eh, shit like that is just people trolling. Not really valid opinions.

I can see the Raiden thing, but MGS being a movie is asinine.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Or the whole, MGS is a movie.

I disagree, but even if I did agree, the cutscenes are pretty damn awesome, so who cares? :rage: MGS2 is my favorite... so everyone that hates it can bite me. >=D

Megatron

tits or gtfo
AKA
Moo, Meuterei, Destroyer of Worlds
FF Tactics, but mostly because of the political aspects of it (and holy shit intrigue & backstabbing galore), and the obvious inspiration from the War of the Roses.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The hardest part about Tactics to understand are simply the amount of names thrown around. And long, medieval-style names at that. It wasn't so bad when I played WotL, but when I was a kid I didn't play the game for a month or so and came back rather lost as to who all these people were.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
I don't think I'd call it thought-provoking, but Bioshock is definitely a significant game.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Bioshock is thought provoking. Makes you think about the depravity and selfishness of mankind at the cost of others, how their degradation can lead to the fall of a society.

Dead Space made me think of a lot of things. None of them savory.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Dead Space (the demo) make me think "god, why can't I just shoot this thing normally and have it die?" :monster:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Phantom Brave was very thought provoking. It generally provoked thoughts like "Why can't I kill everyone who's mean to Marona?" and "Will Marona and Castille grow up to be lesbians?" :monster:

Top Bottom