• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What's your favorite character and why?

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
The other candidate would be Sephiroth. Or even Cloud once he gets his head together.

I'm not sure how being a terrorist in itself counts a flaw, doesn't that depend on what you're fighting against and what your methods are? 'Your terrorists are our freedom fighters' and all that.

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
I forgot to add one more thing. As an overweight guy who loves cats and would like to make a positive difference in the world, I would have to say, Wedge would most definitely be the character I most relate to.
I am a bit annoyed with Wedge in remake, don't get me wrong, the good parts are good, but when they make every second line a joke about food it makes me think our theories might be too deep and give their writing abilities too much credit.

Kyo Cobran

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jim Kyo
I am a bit annoyed with Wedge in remake, don't get me wrong, the good parts are good, but when they make every second line a joke about food it makes me think our theories might be too deep and give their writing abilities too much credit.

Ha! That's very true, now that you mention it. The writers kinda overdid the food jokes in the Remake. It's like, "Yes, Mr. Nojima, we get it, he's overweight and likes food, har har har. Thank you. Move on."

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I was bothered when they focused on the guard hound bite instead of how brave he was getting wrapped in chains by that machine. That would really hurt.

Kyo Cobran

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jim Kyo
I was bothered when they focused on the guard hound bite instead of how brave he was getting wrapped in chains by that machine. That would really hurt.

Good point - jumping in front of Cloud to protect him from the chains or even earlier when he was leading half a dozen guard hounds away from Cloud. One thing is for sure, Wedge is a unrelentingly brave mofo.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wedge likes to eat but no one ridiculed his weight or insulted him for it. It's simply who he is, and given AVALANCHE's closeness he's comfortable to be himself around them.

He's someone who likes to have a full stomach, a full laugh and a full heart. He doesn't have to pretend to be anyone else.

Kyo Cobran

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jim Kyo
Wedge likes to eat but no one ridiculed his weight or insulted him for it. It's simply who he is, and given AVALANCHE's closeness he's comfortable to be himself around them.

He's someone who likes to have a full stomach, a full laugh and a full heart. He doesn't have to pretend to be anyone else.

Fair enough.

Jessie Rito

Useless Lesbian
My favs would be Biggs Wedge and Jessie. I loved them since i first saw someone play ff7 when i was pretty young. I love how Biggs tried to argue with Barret ( or more likely calm him) and ended up on the screen for that. I love how Wedge tells Cloud that he probably just needs a friend and is always there for him if he needed someone to talk to. I love how Jessie is the technician of the group yet clumsy af . I love how they all wear red headbands. I love how their friendship is somewhat shown in chapter 4 of the remake. I love that they are in avalanche for different motivations. I mean in the end they are just side characters but i still love them because they all are kinda relateble to me

Tifa Crystal

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Freya
Wow, I'm very happy to know your opinions and I thank you all! I wish I could have read them sooner, but unfortunately I've been too busy lately. So, this will be a long post, I warn you :D

Stiggie, I totally agree with you about Tifa (including your opinion about strenght and femininity), except for when you say she's underappreciated. On the contrary, I think that she's often idolized too much. Plus, you shouldn't allow people's comment to ruin your appreciation for Aerith, since she's such a well written character - just an advice.

Makoeyes987, you 've won. Truly. "He goes from a cocky jerkass to a vegetable to a badass yet awkward hero with a heart." is definitely the best definition for Cloud. I love it, ahah!

I also find very interesting kathy202' s analysis of Aerith!

So, my first favorite character is Tifa. It's very easy to empathize with her, since she has a very human personality, made by light and darkness, by strenght and fragility. I love her main theme, her job at Seventh Heaven, and the atmosphere of the pub increases my image of her as a precious friend, a mature sister, a comforting person, calm and sweet. Her voice in the remake reinforces my ideas so well.
Tifa has a sad past, but yet she tries to smile and put her problems aside to help her friends. She needs protection, but she's also tough and can deal danger by herself. Plus, her combat style is one of my favorite and the best in the remake. A girl fighting with her fists is wonderful for me, especially because I love boxe.

My second favorite character is Aerith. Her story and her attitude are very intriguing and charming. I believe that she's one of the most memorable character in the entire franchise (and not due to Sephiroth's actions). Aerith is a very humble girl despite being in possess of a rare power, and I admire her because she hears the planet suffering, but still she's optimistic and cheerful. What I like about her the most is that she is in love with life and nature, she's really a model to follow, and a medicine for those who have lost interest in the world's beauty. She's delicate, but yet, just as Tifa, she can protect herself and her loved ones. She's such an unpredictable character, capable of reminding me a lively kid and a charming woman at the same time. Her spontaneity and grace let her earn other points too. Aerith is particular character really memorable. Her main theme is of one the best soundtracks ever made, it tastes of victory, with a mixture of melancholy and comfort in it, like a caress of the earth. I really like her a lot and I wish I could've seen more moments between her and Tifa. Lastly, even if Tifa is my favorite character over all, I'm definitely pro Cloud/Aerith. They make quite the couple, one of the best in the videogames' history.

My third choice would be between Nanaki (yes, it will always be Nanaki for me) and Cloud. I've been so interested in Nanaki since the very beginning, when I saw him trapped in Hojo's facility and I realized he was able to talk. His story, his design, his combat style... I love everything about him!
He acts as a serious, cool character, despite being relatively young, but sometimes this contrast shows up and donates more shades to his personality. Besides, he's wonderful with Barret, they form a surprisingly interesting comic duo.
What I like a lot about Cloud is that is not a perfect, invincible hero. He's just a common guy with lots of insecurities, who travels to find his true self.

Okay, I'll stop here for now. :D

Top Bottom