Who wants the PSN FF7 to come to NA?

Reference

Likes The Bartender
I wouldn't mind. Though I already have the PSOne eboot with pops, I'd prefer to run an official one. Maybe it will look better.

Shar

Lv. 1 Adventurer
It'd just give me a reason to replay FF7 again is all, if I bought a PSN port. =x

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
It would be cool to have; of course, I still have the disks that I bought (Greatest Hits version.) I probably would get it, to see the SE translations. They would redo the translations, yes?

Last edited:

Reference

Likes The Bartender
Have they ever made a change to PSN games?

Nothing really that significant, I would think. But it's different. Some classic re-releases have corrections/etc. They don't really add. I think the MO is to just reformat it for the platform. But since there are different resolutions (PSone on a PS3/PSP for example), there should be a bit of a difference in the visual.

But I think games should have little corrections that are needed. SE should fix "this guy are sick" in the least. :lol:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
SE changed the translations for the German version of Secret of Mana on the WiiStore. The translation sucked so bad that they wanted to distance themselves from that and so they changed them. :monster:

So I guess it wouldn't be out of the question for them fixing the translations in FFVII...

It'd also make me actually want the PSN version.

Reference

Likes The Bartender
Do they actually announce it before hand? I'm thinking they just add it in, then tell people about it.

I'm sad the Japanese has released a bunch of PSone classics on the PSN, and North America hasn't released any of those. (Same goes for Nintendo's VC too).

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
New Releases due within the next couple of months...On the PSN (Playstation Network)

Link: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/05/07/playstation-store-update-84/

Final Fantasy VII Link (Sony): http://www.us.playstation.com/PSone/Games/Final_Fantasy_VII/OGS/

Metal Gear Solid
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Einhander
Tenchu Stealth Assassin
Tenchu 2
Tekken 3
Soul Blade
Vagrant Story
Syphon Filter 2
Tobal No 1
Chrono Cross
Grandia
Ridge Racer Type 4
Gran Turismo 2
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Resident Evil Directors cut
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
Silent Hill
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis 2
Metal Slug X
Duke Nukem time to kill
Xenogears
Battle Arena Toshiden
Colony Wars
Parasite Eve
Brave Fencer Musashi
Crash Team Racing
Dead or Alive
Driver

Last edited:

Meteo

wolf among the sheep
tbh, I wouldn't want them to fix any of the translation errors at all. After 12 years of playing FFVII over and over again, it just wouldn't be the same.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
It's a bit of a double edged sword. If they're going to fix translational errors and add in small bits pertaining to other characters from other compilation titles, they may as well fix all those other errors we recognize... but at the same time, it's memorable content that makes the game so epic.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I'd rather they fix translational errors that introduce ambiguity and other crap to the game, but "Beacause you are a puppet" and "This guy are sick" are pretty much sacrosanct.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
But if you're going to fix all translational errors, wouldn't it make more sense to fix those too?

Meteo

wolf among the sheep
Ambiguity accounts for at least 50% of all FFVII related discourse. Without mistranslated ambiguity there are no love triangle discussions or Aerith/Aeris debates! Fanboys and fangirls worldwide would suffer multiple simultaneous brain aneurisms due to a lack of meaningless topical controversy! Millions of people will die! Do you want that on your conscience Aaron? MURDERER!

...:wacky:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I rebut with You sound like chapters from a self-help booklet!

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Was "Beacause..." ever an iconic screwup though? TO be honest I never even knew about it till you mentioned it here.

Now, "This guy are sick" and "Off course!" are a different story.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
No, way!

But yeah, I've seen mentions of Beacause all around the internets :monster:

Top Bottom