Your favorite opening movies/cutscenes

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I loooooove King of Fighters (and SNK games in general, they had a lot of good stuff in there. I wish they'd revisit Last Blade, but we'll be lucky if they make another KOF for the anniversary. :sadpanda:)

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Guh what I wouldn't give for another Capcom vs SNK game, especially in the traditional 2D style of the originals. Imagine gameplay as tight as Third Strike but with the graphical qualities of KoF XIII. IMAGINE IT.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA

Last edited:

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
That little piece of music at the start just sets the tone so well. And the narrative is awesome
[Abe's Oddysee intro video]
This. Although I usually only watch intros once, I saw the demo intro numerous times. The "This is Rupture Farms" quote is something that pops into my head quite often however many years down the line. I was surprised to notice that the final intro is different. In the demo intro Abe says "Get me outta here! And help me rescue the others" (which I now realise I've been misquoting as "and rescue the others" but whatever. But that's not in the final intro at all.

Abe's Exoddus's demo intro is also one that has the stuck with me. The music, the image of the moon, and the blind mudokuns (which freaked me out when I was younger).

The Soul Blade demo sequence also made me want to buy the game (though I never did because I never used to buy my own games back then).

To contribute an actual game intro to the topic, I think I'll go with this:

Micro Maniacs. I love the music, and the weird scene of assembling V4. Ah... memories.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Wow I can't believe I forgot these:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA

:salute:

EDIT:

Wow...

Last edited:

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
I generally like all the intros to the Kingdom Hearts series of games but Birth by Sleep is y favorite out of them all. <3 Aqua

I love Jen Taylor as a VA and her beginning monologue in Halo 3 gets me everytime, not to mention it's soundtrack is phenomenal.

EDIT: Was going to leave it at 2 but then I remembered this little beauty

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I love when they redo openings

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Remember Alundra? Funny how they interspersed actual gameplay footage into the opening.

Also Ghost in the Shell

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Yeah tbh the cutscenes were the best thing in the game, gameplay was a bit meh. I prefer the manga designs, and the more funny/comicy vibe it had. I like SAC don't get me wrong, but I would have loved a series done in that style.

Kittie

General Eccentric
AKA
The Iron Witch
My fiancé and I were discussing this topic, just a few days ago. And while I wholeheartedly agree with him that Final Fantasy VIII probably has the best opening in the series, this game intro still has my heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXZV5QMDftU

He also concluded that Soul Reaver 1 is the second-best opening for him. Coming from someone who feels that *most* of the Final Fantasy games are the best out there, I'll consider it as a small win on my behalf. :D

*(Excluding anything related to FFXIII)*

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Right, we're either gonna need spoiler tags on these Youtube embeds, or someone needs to tell me how to avoid them making my Firefox take a shit when these pages load. :monster:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
or someone needs to tell me how to avoid them making my Firefox take a shit when these pages load. :monster:

There probably is a youtube resizer or something in those extensions. I do know there is one that flat-out blocks videos.

All tagged and labeled, that should take the bulk of them out

O79Xy2d.png

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Right, we're either gonna need spoiler tags on these Youtube embeds, or someone needs to tell me how to avoid them making my Firefox take a shit when these pages load. :monster:
That's why I tagged mine from the start - I use Chrome but my laptop isn't great and it flips the fuck out like that too. :P

Top Bottom