• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Yu-Gi-Oh!

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Oh please, you're one to talk. I watched Yugioh for three things - good mythology, cool duels, and sexy chicks . So yes, I like Tea and Alexis....surprisingly, Mai never did much for me. And of course, let's not forget Ms Fanservice incarnate...

I also watch it for another reason. The batshit insane villains. :monster:

But yeah, Anzu and Alexis are awesome. I happen to also like Kujaku Mai, and Isis Ishtar as well. Camilla, Yubel, and Mizuchi Saiou from GX are some of my favorites too. As for 5Ds, Aki and Luna are my favs too.

Who's Ms. Fanservice incarnate though?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Okay. Apparently, we just got jossed. Hard. The latest new monster of the week has been revealed and...

dat1261558891565.jpg

Now this can mean two things.

1.) Not all these monsters are in fact Paradox's monsters because that sure as shit doesn't look like any of the others and isn't a dragon.

or

2.) Paradox is a dirty fucking thief and he's gotten his hands on one of the protagonist's monsters.

I'm leaning towards 1, to be honest. It just doesn't match the villain's monsters at all. It looks like a fusion. A fusion between Neos and Black Luster Soldier or something. But definitely something old school from Yugi's deck.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Get your DBZ nonsense out of my thread, fgt.

On another note, if that last monster turns out to be the SUPER SECRET AWESOME BOSS CARD of all three heroes, I'm gonna be pretty disappointed. Its alright on its own, but its pretty damn underwhelming if that's supposed to be the result of all three heroes fusing their boss monsters together. FFS, I dont' even see Yusei in it.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Lol, everyone that has shown an interest in this is over 20 years old.

Now, all of you should proceed to go die in a pit of hell fire.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Choke on your chocolatey dough of faggotry, you blue bastard. :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The only sad thing about the US release of the Anniversary Pack is that they excluded the Dark Magician Girl, because apparently Takahashi's pose was too suggestive, and he refused to re-do it and have it edited. :monster:

Nor should he have. That whole issue was fucking stupid. :monster:

The only people who would be aroused by it are those who already find DMG arousing. Anyone else is going to see a witch-like character riding a staff like it's a broom.

Not that there's anything wrong with being aroused by DMG in the first place (pre-empting Cookie Monster here: go stick your cock in a tube of Pillsbury cookie dough, you blue fuck :monster:).

Cool thread, btw. As I only followed the original series, I'm not sure how interesting this anniversary special will be to me, but I'll look into it if it gets enough positive feedback from other fans.

Last edited:

mollymillions

Lv. 25 Adventurer
HEE! I fell in love with YGO pretty late compared to some of you (late 2004-2005) and I saw it completely by chance when nothing else was on. It was during the Doma season, so yea, it was pretty late for me. I finally got to see all of the English versions and am still plowing through the Japanese one. I simply find that both versions have their strengths and weaknesses and "pick and choose" from there.

DOMA (doom) series is actually my favorite one.

I stopped watching GX in the middle of season 2 and I've never seen 5D.

I'm glad there's a 10th anniversary edition movie coming out because I still like YGO a lot.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
New trailer/special on the Anniversary...holy shit, there are some good new scenes in this.

Judai getting his face blown off by Stardust Dragon is just..hilarious.

@TresDias

Even if you don't really know the other new YGO series, you can still enjoy it. I'd definitely recommend you give at least 5Ds a chance. Don't know what you heard of GX but it can be amusing too. The manga is much better though.

@Mollymillions

I agree about the dub having its good points. Despite its editing and censorship, some of its lines and voice actors are hilarious. Especially in Doma :monster:

Interesting that was your first season XD

I love/hate that arc. It's interesting but there...are a lot of OOC in it. But yeah.

Any reason why you stopped in the middle of season two of GX?

Vendel

Banned
So the fate of the universe all depends on a children's card game?

Well if ever life or death depended on UNO skills you can count on me.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
So the fate of the universe all depends on a children's card game?

Well if ever life or death depended on UNO skills you can count on me.

XD

Wouldn't you love to live in a world ruled by a mystical, ancient card game?

mollymillions

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Any reason why you stopped in the middle of season two of GX?

I generally lost interest, and other things just took priority. I've seen a glimpse of 5D, but never really paid too much attention to it..

What do you mean by OOC in Doma?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
@TresDias

Even if you don't really know the other new YGO series, you can still enjoy it. I'd definitely recommend you give at least 5Ds a chance. Don't know what you heard of GX but it can be amusing too. The manga is much better though.

Well, I'll at least give this 10th Anniversary thing a chance. Thanks.

No thanks. I wasn't a fan of FFVIII.

The only thing really wrong with FFVIII is that it needed more significance given to the card game. That was the best mini-game FF has ever had.

LOL, I always preferred Tetra Master myself :wacky:

picardwtfu.jpg

The game didn't even teach you how to play that shit. And, hell, even if you look up the ridiculous formulae that determine how things work, you're still left with random values and no certainty about what's going to happen when you play a card.

In short: wtf?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
So...

A 30 minute preview of the movie was shown the select fans in theatres. And spoilers abound regarding the plot and cards used. First...here are some of the new cards used, taken from this post. Please be aware, not all of the names could be recorded, but the effects are what is known thus far.

(Yuusei Cards)

「???」

Normal Spell Card
Discard 2 cards from your hand. During your 2nd Standby Phase, add 1 Monster card from your Deck to your hand.

Junk Gardna
6 Stars/?/Warrior-Type /Unknwon ATK/2600 DEF
{Junk Synchron + 1 or more Non-Tuner Monsters.
Once per turn, when your opponent declares an attack, you can switch 1 monster {you control?} to Defense Position. When this card is destroyed by battle, the monster that destroyed this card is switched to Defense Position.

Stardust ???
Normal Trap
Activate only when you control "Stardust Dragon". All monsters you controlled that were destroyed this turn are Special Summoned to your side of the field.

(Cards used by Yuki Judai)

Elemental Hero Neos Knight
7 Stars/LIGHT/Warrior-Type - Fusion/2500 ATK/2000 DEF
"Elemental Hero Neos" + 1 Warrior-Type monster.
This card gains half the ATK of the Warrior-Type monster that was used as a Fusion Material Monster. This card can attack twice in a row.

???
Normal Trap
{Activate only when you control "Elemental Hero Neos".} Select 1 monster you control and double its ATK.

(Cards used by Yugi)

"Of the Master and Student"
Spell Card
When you control 1 "Dark Magician", you can Special Summon 1 "Dark Magician Girl" from your Deck in face-up Defense Position.

???
{Normal Spell?}
Activate only when you control 2 {or more?} Spellcaster-Type monster. Gain control of 1 opponent monster.

???
Trap Card
{Activate only when you control a "Dark Magician".} Select 1 monster you control and double its ATK.

(Cards used by Paradox)

Sin World
Field Spell Card
While this card is face-up on the field, instead of conducting your Normal Draw, you can add 1 "Sin" monster from your Deck at random.

Sin Gear ???
2 Stars/?/?-Type - Tuner/Unknown ATK/Unknown DEF

Sin Paradox Dragon
10 Stars/DARK/Dragon-Type - Synchro/4000 ATK

Sin Truth Dragon
12 Stars/DARK/Dragon-Type/5000 ATK
When a "Sin Paradox Dragon" you control is destroyed, Pay half your Life Points to Special Summon this monster from your Deck. When a "Sin" monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle, destroy all other monsters your opponent controls. When this card would be destroyed, by removing from play 1 "Sin" monster, negate that destruction.

Sin Cross ???
Normal Trap

Sin Crow ???
Quick-Play Spell
Special Summon 1 "Sin" monster from your Graveyard until the End Phase of your turn.

...In terms of your plot...this isn't your typical shonen anime movie. This is where things get interesting.

According to Japanese bloggers who went to the screening, Pegasus is killed near the beginning of the movie. Murdered by Paradox, with him screaming "OH NO!"...I'm assuming this is young Pegasus, before he even gets the Millennium Eye or creates Duel Monsters.

But the losses don't stop there. Paradox apparently kills Yugi's grandpa too. This is apparently the really bad event that the creators said would happen to Yugi, over the course of this.

So Yusei looses his ace card, while Yugi loses his grandfather. I'm not sure what Judai loses, but its apparent that Paradox is systematically taking something from each main character, or at the very least, fucking their shit up, really bad.

That being said, it appears a Grandfather Paradox is created thanks to Paradox's actions, and that's the setting for this duel. And Paradox is apparently tearing up everything with his Sin monsters.

Here's a list of characters who are slated to appear in this, going by the list of seiyuu who are slated to be working in this OVA...

Yugi
Dark Yugi
Judai
Yusei
Paradox
Sugoroku
Pegasus
Daitokuji-Sensei
Yubel (female voice)
Jack
Aki
Crow
Rua
Ruka
Dark Magician
Dark Magician Girl
Elemental Hero Neos
Honest
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole

And here are some newly revealed images.

10ko158560.jpg

10ko158561.jpg

10ko158562.jpg

10ko158563.jpg

10ko158564.jpg

10ko158565.jpg

10ko158566.jpg

10ko158567.jpg

10ko158568.jpg

10ko158569.jpg

So yeah...in less than a week now the movie will be out. And its looking to be pretty fucking good. I just hope Yugi gets to use a new, cool monster, just like the other two. But the plot itself lends itself credence as being a good story, and not just typical, shonen anime, movie fan service.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Sounds interesting. And thanks to you convincing me to watch 5Ds Mako, I'm really interested now. ;p Tried to bring myself to watch the final bits of GX. I couldn't. Once I heard that lame-ass rock theme and those bad slang terms being tossed around, I was out.

I got a plot for a Yugioh movie - rip off Bill and Ted. In the future the world is united in peace and harmony due to Yugioh The Abridged Series bringing mankind together through its message of solving problems with children's card games. All weapons have been abolished and everyone solves their disputes by playing Duel Monsters, even the world leaders. The villain travels back in time to kill LittleKuriboh because he wants a world of war and destruction, and the fandom have to band together and stop him before the future is ruined.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I got a plot for a Yugioh movie - rip off Bill and Ted. In the future the world is united in peace and harmony due to Yugioh The Abridged Series bringing mankind together through its message of solving problems with children's card games. All weapons have been abolished and everyone solves their disputes by playing Duel Monsters, even the world leaders. The villain travels back in time to kill LittleKuriboh because he wants a world of war and destruction, and the fandom have to band together and stop him before the future is ruined.
Already sorta happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DMlGysqqjo :wacky:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
ATTENTION DUELISTS

The movie's out in Japan now, and with that in mind, I bring you even more screenshots and shit. :monster:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Shit just got real...

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Guess this answers how Paradox duels...he stands atop his floating D-Wheel...

11.jpg

Paradox's ace monster...Sin Paradox Dragon.

12.jpg

13.jpg

It's like Judai's been playing too much Crisis Core or something...

14.jpg

"I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass in card games...and I'm all out of gum, bitch."

15.jpg

DMG: ...Why the fuck did you summon ME here?!

16.jpg

17.jpg

D'awwwww......

You can find the original source of screens here, and an even bigger assortment of screenshots, old and new, here.

Also, here's a preview of the scene where Paradox rick rolls Yusei and steals his Stardust Dragon.

This was the opening for YGO 5Ds episode 93, which featured the scene in the movie where Paradox beats the shit out of Judai, and they're not even dueling.

And finally, here's the ending of the same episode, which shows more of a preview of the movie.

Last edited:

crack

Donator
Glad to see that this movie is increasing activity in the overall fandom. I haven't looked to far into this, but will there be an English dub? Dan Green?

EDIT: Unrelated, but here's some YGO 10th Anniversary Fanart:

fx9lch.jpg

33l0ebs.jpg

2cco5xt.jpg

2usfm8l.jpg

2layauf.jpg

2li7qmq.jpg

new4m0.jpg

2wg69mh.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom