• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Yu-Gi-Oh!

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's Yu-Gi-Oh.

You either blow your opponent up, get blown up, or you blow yourself up. :monster:

The game is extremely fast paced and combo heavy. Games don't last long for back and forth plays. Either you dunk or get dunked on.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
YGO banlist for May 17, 2022.

And OMG HOLY SHIT!! Yata-Garasu and Change of Heart are no longer forbidden!! All the bs plays that Change of Heart will enable in modern YGO :wacky:!

Now of the original "Power 5" spell cards (Raigeki, Dark Hole, Pot of Greed, Change of Heart, Monster Reborn), only Pot of Greed is still Forbidden.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
281573576_2272676376226545_8701601038441407479_n.jpg

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Imagine how fucked the metagame has to be that a no cost, control seizing, +1 (arguably +2 because you never give the monster back, you use it as summon material before the end phase) is now considered "safe" to unban.

And Yata-Garasu, a monster that essentially locks an opponent from drawing a card upon dealing battle damage, is safe too.

The only reason Pot of Greed is still banned is because Konami wouldn't be able to redesign a billion variants of it and use those as marketing to promote sets. :monster:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Change of Heart at 1 seem like Konami testing the waters, depending how it goes it will probably be back to forbidden in the next update. A similar scenario when they moved Sixth Sense from banned to limted in 2013 and back to forbidden in the next update.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Konami released Sixth Sense to sell that horrible collector's set, Joey's World, and it was bad then too. Not so much a "test" but a way of trying to add lucrative value to a terrible retro set filled with crappy normal and underpowered cards from the anime.

I'm not seeing any such reason for Change of Heart or Yata. Is there a new Spirit type structure deck? Hell, Yami Bakura already had a duelist pack, lol.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Hopefully the SE execs will turn around and reverse course at least half as quickly as Abridged!Kaiba did on NFTs.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
What's hilarious is Kaiba would absolutely hate the blockchain due to it's poor scalability and data limitations. Absolutely no way to meaningfully transmit or house data for his purposes :monster:

Hell, Duel Links (the in-universe iteration of it) is an actual digital world where dueling and existing go side by side. And there's no shitty commodification of it unless it comes to BEWD, I bet you a million bucks there's some hack that disallows anyone to use BEWD or alerts Kaiba to anyone who does so he can destroy them LMAO.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I seriously can't watch YGO without choking up. God, how sad. Can't be overstated what a generational impact Takahashi's creativity and game design has had on generations of kids and adults.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
God, just the other day I knocked over a box and all my old YGO cards came spilling out of it. I swept them back into the box without thinking too much about it and went about my day. After today though...

I

I really can't believe that a man who was responsible for a part of my teenager years is gone like that...

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
KONAMI trying to make the god cards decent with new support, and the Slyfer card is nuts!.

The Revived Sky God (normal trap)
The activation of this card, or its effects, cannot be negated, nor can its effects be negated. Special Summon 1 "Slifer the Sky Dragon" from your GY, then each player draws until they have 6 cards in their hand. You can banish this card from your GY; place 1 "Monster Reborn" from your Deck or GY on top of your Deck, then, if a Divine-Beast monster is in your GY, draw 1 card. You can only use each effect of "The Revived Sky God" once per turn.

crfpgj6amfl91.png

The Breaking Ruin God (quick-play spell)
The activation of this card, or its effects, cannot be negated, nor can its effects be negated. Special Summon 1 "Obelisk the Tormentor" from your hand or GY, and if you do, it is unaffected by your opponent's card effects this turn. If you tribute 2 or more monsters you control at the same time to activate your card or effect, while you control "Obelisk the Tormentor": You can banish this card from your GY; banish all monsters in your opponent's GY, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each. You can only use each effect of "The Breaking Ruin God" once per turn.
aeo70579mfl91.png

Soul Energy MAX!!! (normal trap)
If you control an "Obelisk the Tormentor" whose original Attribute is DIVINE: You can Tribute 2 face-up monsters, except that "Obelisk the Tormentor"; destroy as many monsters your opponent currently controls as possible, and if you do, inflict 4000 damage to them. During the Main or Battle Phase: You can banish this card from your GY; add 1 "Obelisk the Tormentor" from your Deck or GY to your hand, then, immediately after this effect resolves, you can Normal Summon 1 "Obelisk the Tormentor" face-up. You can only use each effect of "Soul Energy MAX!!!" once per turn.
f5fm0y3cmfl91.png

The True Sun God (continuous spell)
When this card is activated: Add 1 "The Winged Dragon of Ra" or 1 card that mentions it from your Deck to your hand, except "The True Sun God". Monsters, except "The Winged Dragon of Ra" cannot attack the turn they are Special Summoned. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can send this card from the field, or 1 "The Winged Dragon of Ra - Immortal Phoenix" from your Deck, to the GY, then send 1 "The Winged Dragon of Ra" from your Monster Zone to the GY. You can only activate 1 "The True Sun God" per turn.
5qjbvms9mfl91.png

Top Bottom