Votes: 96 88.9%
  • Dead

Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
AWESOME NEWS! I just found something on TV Tropes that makes Clerith the canon pairing, by proving it is possible for Tifa to die in Aerith's place at the Forgotten City! Read on, this is amazing.

Name Aeris "Tifa" and Tifa "Aeris". Thus, Sephiroth kills Tifa, and Aeris and Cloud live happily ever after.

You all knew it was true deep down. Clerith FTW! :monster:

Last edited:
The closest it gets would be the 'Zerith isn't exactly over' argument, but even then, that's based on statements and evidence from the games and sourcebooks, and isn't in denial of Aerith's affection for Chobobutt, but seeks to explain it instead.

:awesome:

You wouldn't happen to have a fanclub would you Ryu?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Yeah I never understood how disproving Cloti proves Clerith. Even if Cloud and Tifa were to break up or say they don't love each other, that doesn't automatically mean Cloud loves Aerith.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Yeah I never understood how disproving Cloti proves Clerith. Even if Cloud and Tifa were to break up or say they don't love each other, that doesn't automatically mean Cloud loves Aerith.
Clearly it does. There is no Clouffie.

Mostly because they didn't get what you were talking about and accused you of putting words in their mouths, because pinkers don't get the concept of logical consequence.
Indeed. But at the time I was still under the impression that these people weren't completely nuts, just confused.

The closest it gets would be the 'Zerith isn't exactly over' argument, but even then, that's based on statements and evidence from the games and sourcebooks, and isn't in denial of Aerith's affection for Chobobutt, but seeks to explain it instead.
Though at least most of us have the sense to say "they didn't get over each other, but they also aren't humping in the lifestream". :awesome:

Then they immediately go right back to insisting they have all the evidence and C/T has none.
Which is why I typically ask them for their evidence, and watch the torrent of the same failed explanations stemming from five or more years ago.
Cloti has no evidence, and clerith does, but it's all up for interpretation, and there's no canon pairing, just an intended one, which is different because they had to throw cloti something, because those fans are rabid, but they through it into the game before it came out so how could it be...

*boom*

...head asplode.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
Where's the quote that says Tifa isn't clingy? I've never heard of this.

And ACC really didn't "make Cloti canon", in fact, it had fuck all to do with romance. It was supplementary material that really made everything clear.

Neither FFVII nor AC/ACC are anything close to a love story, and I hate hearing people say that they are.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
People confuse loving one person your whole life, and being clingy. Clingy would be if she were bothering Cloud all of the time, hanging on him constantly, and never leaving him alone. Despite what Tifa haters think, Tifa does not nag Cloud. In fact, she is always letting him make his own decisions, and discover things on his own. When she tells him something or offers her advice, it's Cloud's choice to take it in and to follow it. She always pushes Cloud in the right direction, helping him to grow stronger by reaching his own conclusion in the end. All he needs is a push from her every now and again, but he has always had her full support. Retards may confuse this actually very amazingly balanced attitude as being clingy. Cloud is a man who needs his space, and thinking time. Tifa allows him this, but also expresses her worry as well. She lets Cloud come to her, I feel like that's what she really wants. She doesn't want to force him into anything, but let HIM choose HER. And he has, I believe he's already said he'd like to start a life with her, and that everything's okay with her by his side. Not only that, but he actually said that he'd be around to care for her too, by reminding her who she is. Of course, there's always the promise from long ago to protect her from harm. These two have the most amazing balanced up and down relationship I've ever seen in a game.

That's what makes it so special.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Clingy would be if she were bothering Cloud all of the time, hanging on him constantly, and never leaving him alone.
well the problem here is they think she does this :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Neither FFVII nor AC/ACC are anything close to a love story, and I hate hearing people say that they are.

You're right, it's not. Which is why I wonder why so many people go on about how Clerith is some big huge epic. :/

But apparently we're wrong in thinking that it is anything but a love story. :/

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The only Compilation that's anything close to an obvious love story is Crisis Core
And that's thanks to Cloud and Zack. :awesome:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I disagree. DoC is very obviously a love story between Vincent's gun and Shelke's Sora shoes.

And it's not like we KNOW Zack was heading back to Midgar for Aerith, even though he decides to go there after reading her letter, or his last memories and thoughts were of her, the only ones that survived the destruction of DMW. He could have been going to see ANYONE.

And Aerith didn't sense his death, no no. She sensed Cloud's scream! Because that makes sense, right?

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
And it's not like we KNOW Zack was heading back to Midgar for Aerith, even though he decides to go there after reading her letter, or his last memories and thoughts were of her, the only ones that survived the destruction of DMW
To be fair, the ones who say this haven't played CC :P

Son Goku

It's my stomach, I'm hungry.
AKA
mugennagama
DrakeClawfang said:
It took me two hours called "ACC". But then, perhaps I'm not a "true" Clerith. ;p
To be honest until 3 months ago i thought cloud loved Aerith (although I like Tifa) and didn`t even now there is a debate about it. Then I saw something on Wikipedia … but that’s a long story…
Only this: One of the first sites I was on was clerith dot com and despite having a few good points it mainly caused me headaches (illogical argumentation does that to me sometimes). So I went on searching for the truth…

Ryushikaze said:
Oh, trust me, we're not upset or emotional. It's just hilarious.
First off: I meant “…, there is no point in getting upset or too emotional about it.” in general.
I don`t remember seeing someone here getting too emotional (at least not that far getting completely illogical/insane).
But I can imagine you feeling happy after putting a hard work in searching, finding, translating and presenting real evidence/facts and then getting angry when someone with “dysfunctional logic” deny everything with “stupid arguments” like “desire for rejection”, ”it was about rejection” or there is another version stated on another site and so on. Sometimes you feel happy, sometimes angry, am I wrong? It`s all part of the joy as long as one does not exaggerate it.
And you`re right it is hilarious! Now they want Cloud to die, because he is not supposed to have a long happy life and should be united with Aerith already.
In the same time it`s kind a scary! What if they think about real life Couples the same way and try “helping” them getting united again? :shifty: :lol: :shifty:

FFVII is not a Love Story? What are we talking about then?
Ok it`s not. But I think Love is an important part of the Story, it triggered “heavy” decisions at least. :awesome:

FFVII is not a Love Story? What are we talking about then?
Ok it`s not. But I think Love is an important part of the Story, it triggered “heavy” decisions at least. :awesome:
Pretty much. What they mean is just that FFVII's main plot isn't about who Cloud wants in his pants Zack. However, it is a part of the plot, and Cloud's love for Tifa and vice versa is a huge part of their individual stories.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
And Aerith didn't sense his death, no no. She sensed Cloud's scream!

OMG, I know your post is poking fun, but has anyone ever actually used that argument? :lol:

To be fair, the ones who say this haven't played CC

Then maybe they shouldn't dive into a conversation when they know nothing about the subject matter? Lol.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
OMG, I know your post is poking fun, but has anyone ever actually used that argument?
ROFL well he did scream pretty loud XD
That reminds me of the joke in cartoons where like someone will scream and it'll show a shot of the world and you can hear the scream all around the world :monster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom