Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I like how FFG is so speshul that she gets her own site, instead of just adding it to Clerith.com. I guess she needs to have some place to put all of her MS PAINT Anti images [that are just too clever to pass up], and rants about Clotis so that the world can know the truth about them/us/whatever it is she's got a stick in her ass about for the past 30 years of her life. :eye roll:

Sometimes I think you're a little bitter. :awesome:

Thought the Hitler vid would have worked most of that out of your system. XD

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Is your bitter license up to date?

SRSLY, though, our horse doctor really needs to realize when she's lost.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Can't speak on what she does for a living but that made me remember that I've read her say things like, "I had a client come in the other day that liked CxA" and stuff... and now I just imagined her talking to the horse and the horse is like, "I like Cloud and Aerrrrrriiiitth." or something.

... also I like horses :joy:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Awwwww, a new Cloud and Aerith site. How cute. **floaty pink hearts** Y'know, I'm kind of jealous. I wish I had that much free time to dedicate to a fictional pairing. Too bad I have one of those real life relationships and don't have time to compile essay upon essay disproving the narrative and reaffirming my self-insert fandom love story... **sigh**

Aw, well.

So...Cloud and Tifa... still canon, huh? Go team!

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Awwwww, a new Cloud and Aerith site. How cute. **floaty pink hearts** Y'know, I'm kind of jealous. I wish I had that much free time to dedicate to a fictional pairing. Too bad I have one of those real life relationships and don't have time...

Sorry, my brain shuts down any time someone on a Final Fantasy forum plays the "I have a life" card. I was unable to read the rest of that post.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
There 's an "I have a life card"?

Oh, you mean when someone is losing a debate and pulls the 'I have a life and such and such to do, so I can't defend my position or be bothered with citing sources...'

Yeah, that's totally what I did there. Good call.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad

Oh, you mean when someone is losing a debate and pulls the 'I have a life and such and such to do, so I can't defend my position or be bothered with citing sources...'

Yeah, that's totally what I did there. Good call.

I'd rather have someone pull the "I have a life" card than the godforsaken "I didn't bother to read your post but" card. You notice they always pull that one just after you made a post that effectively disproves most if not all of their own arguements?

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time

Oh, you mean when someone is losing a debate and pulls the 'I have a life and such and such to do, so I can't defend my position or be bothered with citing sources....

No, the card where someone attempts to discredit the other side of whatever debate they're on by stating "I have a life, unlike you." Anyone posting like that just makes me roll my eyes. Partly because I find it mildly hypocritical because the person posting it obviously has the time to routinely post on a fansite forum, partly because it's an outright lie, *everyone* has a life outside whichever forum they post in. Nothing personal Fairheart, but "I have a life" has always elicited nothing but an eye roll from me.

Lord Noctis said:
I'd rather have someone pull the "I have a life" card than the godforsaken "I didn't bother to read your post but" card. You notice they always pull that one just after you made a post that effectively disproves most if not all of their own arguements?

Har har har.

Last edited:

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
No, the card where someone attempts to discredit the other side of whatever debate they're on by stating "I have a life, unlike you." Anyone posting like that just makes me roll my eyes.

Har har har.

I hate it when people do that to.

And are you agreeing with me on the "I didn't bother to read your post" card, or not?

jelly

Pro Adventurer
I think debating with someone on a forum is different than making comments about someone's website.

But anyway, in the end I know I can't tell someone what to do with their website. But sometimes I can't help but wonder about some people, and I ask myself, "Why all of that time and dedication to so much hate?" I don't have a problem with people shipping their pair however they like as long as they can do it without promoting hate for the anti-pair.

And I do think there are -some- good points, but a lot of times, the way they are written and implemented makes the whole argument sound silly. I agree that there can be love after death, but then they had to pull off the thing about Aerith living inside Cloud and Denzel idolizing Cloud, and it makes it hard to take the whole essay seriously. And sometimes it seems like the person hates CxT more than they like CxA. Even the tone in the pro-Clerith essays makes them seem so very angry..

And yeah, I also don't like it when someone says I didn't read what you said, but I want to say something anyway.

Vendel

Banned
I would just like to know the difference between an "intended" couple and a "canon" couple. If a writer "intends" a couple and lays out the evidence of such, then they are a "canon" couple. Enough with the semantics.

I do see pinkers stating that Clerith is/was the intended couple in the game.

To me it seems like a rather odd defense mechanism. This goes hand in hand with "the creators are contradicting themselves about the LT" lines.

So while not admitting (even to themselves) that C/T is canon and C/A is fanon. They take some odd comfort that Clerith is what was intended and in the compilation the creators changed their minds or made it vague. Or something.

jelly said:
Even the tone in the pro-Clerith essays makes them seem so very angry..
Of course they are angry. Because even though they are true believers. Deep down they know it is all bullshit. And the fact that most everyone else knows it's bullshit and calls them out on it must really add to the anger issues.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
yeah I hate how most of Clerith is disproving CxT and making up horrible lies about Tifa like she bullied Cloud as a kid or the reason Cloud left was because she told Cloud he was wrong about Aerith bringing Denzel to him. Oh and about how she's really in love with Zack and can never love Cloud for who he is...

It actually makes me feel bad for Tifa XD

jelly

Pro Adventurer
Yeah I know. ; ;

I don't like it when someone says, "Of course Cloud would rather be Aerith because Tifa is just a mean old bitch."

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
yeah I hate how most of Clerith is disproving CxT and making up horrible lies about Tifa like she bullied Cloud as a kid or the reason Cloud left was because she told Cloud he was wrong about Aerith bringing Denzel to him. Oh and about how she's really in love with Zack and can never love Cloud for who he is...

Well if she wasn't such a big breasted bullying whore, no one would say such horrible things about her that are likely true, sadly. But alas, she's too busy strong-arming Cloud to know what a horrible person she is. :awesome:

And this my friends is what we call desperation. They must discredit Tifa because they can't prove Aerith and Cloud love each other.

Though I always found it funny when they pull the clingy card, so I'd grab the quote saying "Tifa isn't clingy" and their response was "Well I saw her that way so she's clingy". :huh:

Actually, I recall that eventually getting into an argument about literary criticism and trying to explain that they must think the author isn't very good if they wanted their character to not appear clingy and you still thought so.

Boy did that open up some clerii rage. :awesome:

Son Goku

It's my stomach, I'm hungry.
AKA
mugennagama
I think you should probably give them more time. It takes time to realize/accept things that are different after more than a decade in strong “Faith”. In the meantime you could try being nice and explaining things in simple words. If they still don`t accept what is declared, let them be.
Truth is still truth (canon) even if some people don`t accept it.
It is no use discussing further, especially when some have dysfunctional logic (probably caused through getting too emotional) and insult the characters or posters.

FFVII is a great game with a captivating story. It has great characters with great personalities even if they have flaws (especially cloud) which make them more human.
I like the Story of those two (Cloud and Tifa). A Love story beginning in the childhood, a long journey full of hardships, finally revealing their love for each other and beginning a relatively happy life together. The faithfulness (especially Tifa), the caring and all that. It`s kind of inspiring and I like and respect those characters.
One should enjoy thinking, talking or posting about a story and the characters in it. But in the end it is still fiction, there is no point in getting upset or too emotional about it.

So enjoy yourselves and stay cool! ;) (Sorry for my bad English)

Ps.: Hi Paradox, I sent you a message. Please read it if you didn`t not already.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Though I always found it funny when they pull the clingy card, so I'd grab the quote saying "Tifa isn't clingy" and their response was "Well I saw her that way so she's clingy".
Oh god I hate this.

"I don't care that Square said the Highwind scene is romantic! It seemed like rejection to me so clearly it's open to interpretation!"
"Cloud never looked happy to me so those 3 sources saying he was are a contradiction."
"Cloud left because he was angry at Tifa, this is how I saw it so it must be true!"

You don't see Clotis pulling that BS.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
And this my friends is what we call desperation. They must discredit Tifa because they can't prove Aerith and Cloud love each other.

Not that doing such HELPS them, as I've explained time and again. The discrediting of a competing explanation does not aid yours. Only proper validation (and in scientific circles, continual failure to be falsified) will advance your explanation.

Though I always found it funny when they pull the clingy card, so I'd grab the quote saying "Tifa isn't clingy" and their response was "Well I saw her that way so she's clingy". :huh:

Trust me, the denial runs even more blatant and evident than that. I cannot say who said or who told, but I can sum it up without betraying a trust, I think.

Save to say, the highwind scene isn't romantic no matter how much SE says it is.

Actually, I recall that eventually getting into an argument about literary criticism and trying to explain that they must think the author isn't very good if they wanted their character to not appear clingy and you still thought so.

Boy did that open up some clerii rage. :awesome:

Mostly because they didn't get what you were talking about and accused you of putting words in their mouths, because pinkers don't get the concept of logical consequence.

I think you should probably give them more time. It takes time to realize/accept things that are different after more than a decade in strong “Faith”. In the meantime you could try being nice and explaining things in simple words. If they still don`t accept what is declared, let them be.
Truth is still truth (canon) even if some people don`t accept it.
It is no use discussing further, especially when some have dysfunctional logic (probably caused through getting too emotional) and insult the characters or posters.

FFVII is a great game with a captivating story. It has great characters with great personalities even if they have flaws (especially cloud) which make them more human.
I like the Story of those two (Cloud and Tifa). A Love story beginning in the childhood, a long journey full of hardships, finally revealing their love for each other and beginning a relatively happy life together. The faithfulness (especially Tifa), the caring and all that. It`s kind of inspiring and I like and respect those characters.
One should enjoy thinking, talking or posting about a story and the characters in it. But in the end it is still fiction, there is no point in getting upset or too emotional about it.

So enjoy yourselves and stay cool! ;) (Sorry for my bad English)

Ps.: Hi Paradox, I sent you a message. Please read it if you didn`t not already.

Oh, trust me, we're not upset or emotional. It's just hilarious.

It took me two hours called "ACC". But then, perhaps I'm not a "true" Clerith. ;p

You aren't a pinker. There's a clear difference between a Clerith and a Pinker. You've never been a pinker.

Oh god I hate this.

"I don't care that Square said the Highwind scene is romantic! It seemed like rejection to me so clearly it's open to interpretation!"
"Cloud never looked happy to me so those 3 sources saying he was are a contradiction."
"Cloud left because he was angry at Tifa, this is how I saw it so it must be true!"

You don't see Clotis pulling that BS.

The closest it gets would be the 'Zerith isn't exactly over' argument, but even then, that's based on statements and evidence from the games and sourcebooks, and isn't in denial of Aerith's affection for Chobobutt, but seeks to explain it instead.

I love how they substitute their own interpretation for evidence and then declare them equal :)

All the time?

I never get tired of pointing out to pinkers how they have almost zero evidence to support their claims. Then I pull out the Ultimania quotes. They don't enjoy this.

Then they immediately go right back to insisting they have all the evidence and C/T has none.
Which is why I typically ask them for their evidence, and watch the torrent of the same failed explanations stemming from five or more years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom