• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Son Goku

It's my stomach, I'm hungry.
AKA
mugennagama
example

Pretty much. What they mean is just that FFVII's main plot isn't about who Cloud wants in his pants Zack. However, it is a part of the plot, and Cloud's love for Tifa and vice versa is a huge part of their individual stories.
For example:
If Cloud didn`t fell in Love with Tifa and therefore didn`t decided to go out there with the goal of becoming a "big time" SOLDIER, to being able to protect and also to impress her (and probably win her heart).
What would have happened?
Probably Cloud would have stayed a normal guy and in the Nibelheim incident Sephiroth would kill them all (Cloud, Tifa, Zack and the rest) and
tyrannized the world.
Who was gonna save the world then? Johnny? Mukki? :no:
That was what i meant.:)

Isabella

Your Mom
OMG, I know your post is poking fun, but has anyone ever actually used that argument? :lol:
Yes, they have. When CC first came out and we started seeing clips from the ending, I saw a few of them saying stuff like this.

Apparently their love is so powerful that they sense each other's pain before they even met. :awesome:

Isabella

Your Mom
Wish I could. But, C/A have this otherworldly connection, you see.

In fairness though, I haven't seen this argument since the English version of CC came out. I think it was just their first impression upon seeing the scene.

Remember they're looking through special glasses. Every compilation scene, quote, etc., is viewed through a lens of "how can this support our cause?", rather than taken at face value.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Yes, they have. When CC first came out and we started seeing clips from the ending, I saw a few of them saying stuff like this.

Apparently their love is so powerful that they sense each other's pain before they even met. :awesome:

If this statement is not an April Fools joke then I'm not sure what I'll do.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
@ Aerith looking up at Cloud's scream:

People argued this after seeing one of the trailers, I think before the Japanese version even came out. One of the trailers is edited to in a way where Cloud screams, and the sound of his scream was carried over into the shot of Aerith looking up.

It was a mad grab at straws to try to get us to see this new "proof."

Then the English version came out and we all realized what was really going on (and that Aerith looked up long before Cloud screamed :awesome:).

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
To be fair, the ones who say this haven't played CC :P

So...the loudest ones?

OMG, I know your post is poking fun, but has anyone ever actually used that argument? :lol:

YES.

Then maybe they shouldn't dive into a conversation when they know nothing about the subject matter? Lol.

But then they wouldn't be Pinkers.

Wish I could. But, C/A have this otherworldly connection, you see.

In fairness though, I haven't seen this argument since the English version of CC came out. I think it was just their first impression upon seeing the scene.

It's died down, but it's not gone.

Remember they're looking through special glasses. Every compilation scene, quote, etc., is viewed through a lens of "how can this support our cause?", rather than taken at face value.

Not all of them. Some of them are seen through the lense of 'how can we make this so it's not in favor of the other guys,' which is even funnier sometimes.

Last edited:

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
So.....Aerith?

Yeah that kinda fits Aerith better

HaAHA OH WOW

yeah, no. Good job BADLY misinterpreting Aerith's character and role in the story.

you guys are just as bad as CxA sometimes, I swear. Just because you have snark doesn't make saying shit like this less retarded.

i am in a bad mood, it's nothing personal you guys.

Vendel

Banned
HaAHA OH WOW

yeah, no. Good job BADLY misinterpreting Aerith's character and role in the story.

you guys are just as bad as CxA sometimes, I swear. Just because you have snark doesn't make saying shit like this less retarded.

It fits Aerith better than Tifa.

Aerith was the one who wouldn't let Cloud escape her. And inserted herself in his business.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I really don't see either one as clingy TBH... clingy to me is "Won't leave you alone and drives you crazy"... Cloud didn't want Aerith around to keep her safe, not because he hated her.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
It fits Aerith better than Tifa.

Aerith was the one who wouldn't let Cloud escape her. And inserted herself in his business.
Aerith wanted to get out and do something. She didn't follow him because she was omg, so obsessed with him.

She followed him because she fucking felt like it, and since he'd agreed to being her bodyguard she had a good reason to get away from her safehaven in Midgar.

Aerith isn't clingy, troll harder.

I'm not saying Tifa is clingy in AC, I never did. I got a distinctly clingy vibe from her in FFVII, I know I'm not the only one that did, and it's a part of why it took me years to become fond of her. I really disliked her for a long time.

However, she's a great character in her own right, and the way to argue with someone who DOES think Tifa is CLINGY OMG WHORE isn't to say "NO U AERITH IS CLINGY".

tl;dr: yeah, no.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I don't think Vendel is really saying Aerith is all that clingy. He's just saying she's clingier than Tifa.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
But she isn't.

I love Tifa, I do, but she's a looot more attached to Cloud in a way that I GUESS could be construed as "clingy", moreso than Aerith.

It makes sense though, she has a far more complex relationship with Cloud and a long history of loss that sets her apart from Aerith and explains that sort of behavior.

Just because a character has certain flaws or doesn't appeal to everyone doesn't make them a bad character. I love both girls, but come on. If anyone is going to fall under that category, it's Tifa.

don't mind me i just like analyzing FF girls

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Describe a clingy Tifa action... and Vendel describe a clingy Aerith action.

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I've got one for Aerith. :monster: Keeping Cloud in her house, and not allowing him to leave. Then when he does leave, she follows him out and continues to follow even when he tells her to go home. Not faulting her for it, it's just a clingy action to me.

But for Tifa, I just can't think of one. X_X

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Did you guys read the latest essay on Clerith.com? It's actually got some really good arguments in it. I never thought thought about the ending to ACC like that and I have to admit she has a really good point there.

I really am starting to think that Square is being neutral on this whole thing...

April Fools :awesome:

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Did you guys read the latest essay on Clerith.com? It's actually got some really good arguments in it. I never thought thought about the ending to ACC like that and I have to admit she has a really good point there.

I really am starting to think that Square is being neutral on this whole thing...
in b4 april fools

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
Yea it's not like she stalked him because of some delusional reason like he reminded her of her boyfriend.

Oh wait.....
HAHA SHE STALKED HIM

yes, despite them being friends and her helping him out by rescuing Tifa together, she's a stalker.

oh fucking lol, I'm out of this thread. Go back to circlejerking.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
STALKED? Uhm.. no.. christ they were at least friends guys. It's not like Cloud met her and tried to ditch her right away, they were getting along fine. He didn't want her to come because it was dangerous... geeze...

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Vendel is not and should not be taken in any way as a measure of the consensus, Winter.

Now then, neither woman is 'clingy', but I will have to agree, it does fit Aerith's actions more than it does Tifa's. The keeping in the house, the sneaking past him to rejoin him, insisting on coming along after he told her to go home, that definitely comes off as 'clingy-er' than how Tifa acts with the boy, even when she's trying to keep him close, she's giving him space, keeping him on a long leash.

Again, neither is anywhere near the category of clingy yet, but if you said one or the other HAD to be, it'd be Aerith.

Vendel

Banned
yes, despite them being friends and her helping him out by rescuing Tifa together, she's a stalker.

They were friends at that point?

Well I guess if they can fall hopelessly in love with reach other in a couple weeks then I guess they became inseparable friends in those couple of hours.

oh fucking lol, I'm out of this thread. Go back to circlejerking.

We'll meet again. Don't know where, don't know when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom