Last Film You've Seen

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
the book (Hitchhicker's) is kick ass...the film tanked. if you had to choose: the book or the film? the film would leave you to die on earth. the book would take care of you and help you find a ship to hop a ride on. lol I challenge you to prove me wrong. ;)

The book(s) did contain all the good parts of the movie, but it was loooong and at times worthy of wtf and unfunny, unneccessarily deep, etcetera. I mean, it (the books) almost started to become depressing after a while, imho.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Had a full on movie night yesterday.

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Pretty good, kinda didn't pay attention the whole way, but hot Brits, never can go wrong with a movie there. :monster:

Role Models: fucking hilarious imo. LARPers finally have a movie to call their own, and still it somehow makes them look epic. A good watch.

The Hills Have Eyes. Fucked. Up. I was expecting a jumpy in your face kinda movie... but no. Burning people alive, mutants raping teenage girls.. mutants BREAST FEEDING off a mother... x:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
The book(s) did contain all the good parts of the movie, but it was loooong and at times worthy of wtf and unfunny, unneccessarily deep, etcetera. I mean, it (the books) almost started to become depressing after a while, imho.

He was really depressed when he wrote Mostly Harmless, so it kinda sucked, but other than that they were awesome, imho. :awesome:

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Burn After Reading- It wasn't too bad but a bit confusing at parts lol.

uncle sam

dead
AKA
curry
odd, I thought the first half of Watchmen was much better than the second, even if it had problems with pacing. A lot of sections in the second half were much stronger in the graphic novel (especially
Rorschach's origin story and Manhattan's final confrontation with Veidt
).

Agreed. I think the problem though was that it just wasn't possible to pack all of the story into the movie, and while Rorchach's origins and some of Manhattan's lengthier parts were interesting and added to the plot, they weren't exactly necessary. At least not for a film that is also catering to those who hadn't read the graphic novel. Hopefully the Director's Cut will have some of those scenes included.

And holy shit, I love Watchmen now. "Have you seen Watchmen?" has become part of my getting-to-know-you speech now, effectively replacing "So do you like Rush?" At least for the time being.

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah, I really can't fault the film too much for shortening those in the theatrical release, but the way they gave Manhattan's last line to Laurie suggests that they'll have altered Manhattan's final scene regardless.

Anyway, yeah, Watchmen is awesome/a landmark/great justice/etc. :monster:

uncle sam

dead
AKA
curry
Eh, a lot of things in the ending were changed. And rightfully so, because I can't see a HUGE VAGINA SQUID doing well in the cinema.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah the squid definitely wouldn't have worked, I'm just kind of disappointed they truncated Manhattan's final scene.

H

dead
AKA
Oryx, Debussy, Hatsumimi
The Music Man,
for the umpteenth time in my life.

Man, I love Robert Preston.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
The 1998 version of Pulse. It makes me think about how very different horror movies are now. They're not the same kinda creepy.

X :neo:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Yeah the squid definitely wouldn't have worked, I'm just kind of disappointed they truncated Manhattan's final scene.

Yeah i really wish they could have included the dialogue in which veidt asks jon whether he was right or wrong in his actions.(paraphrasing here btw)

veidt: atleast its all over right jon? (in reference to the nuclear apocalypse/war)
jon: over? it never truly is *leaves*

It was such a great moment in the novel that i wish i could have seen on the big screen.
Or did and i just forget? XD
anyway last movie i saw was vantage point , was a cheap thrill not super deep or anything but still way more entertaining then most movies on starz right now.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
pulse as in the movie with the ghosts using the wifi to kill people and make em suicidal?

I thought the ending was a nice change of pace from most horror flicks now adays.
Kinda gave a terminator "were all fucked" vibe.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah i really wish they could have included the dialogue in which
veidt asks jon whether he was right or wrong in his actions.(paraphrasing here btw)

veidt: atleast its all over right jon? (in reference to the nuclear apocalypse/war)
jon: over? it never truly is *leaves*

It was such a great moment in the novel that i wish i could have seen on the big screen.
Or did and i just forget? XD
They gave the line to Laurie, which was a pretty dumb decision.

The exact quote, btw, was:

Adrian Veidt: I did the right thing, didn't I? It all worked out in the end.
Dr. Manhattan: 'In the end'? Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
They gave the line to Laurie, which was a pretty dumb decision.

The exact quote, btw, was:

Adrian Veidt: I did the right thing, didn't I? It all worked out in the end.
Dr. Manhattan: 'In the end'? Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends.

That explains why i dont remember the line at all in the movie i guess i didnt consider it as signifigant since it didnt come out of veidt and i just forgot XD

thanks for getting the exact quote btw , i was looking for the panel cause i had a screen cap of it laying around (being one of my favorite scenes from the novel) but i cant find it ;_;

edit: speak of the devil i was looking through my sigs folder and found it in the stock folder xD
011215098.jpg

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
they gave Manhattan's line to Laurie, not Veidt's.

and no problem. :monster:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I like all the harry potter movies , there really entertaining no matter how many times you watch em.
no need to make fun of ya dawn :P

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Knowing

Tried to promote Christianity, aliens, ect...simultaneously. FAIL.

Also, Nicholas Cage. His name is all that needs to be said, imho. :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Saw Taken. Fucking awesome movie.

Top Bottom