• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Weekly roundups

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
^ "Twitch plays X" is all the rage at the moment. I was watching some of the Pokémon stream - the one that got it all started less than a week ago - last night, and the idea of doing something similar for FFVII crossed my mind. I thought it would be better to do it more democratically though, with chatters voting for their choice of character, dialogue, set-ups, battle strategies and so on, rather than actually inputting the commands. Something for TLS to host in the future, perhaps :)

Lex

Administrator
^I was thinking that. What with "Shin-Ra Productions" (AKA the group of people who tried to make the web series. I sometimes forget that I was one of them 0_0).

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I really think that's what it is seeing as they trademarked more than one spelling of "Shinra" (both kanji and katakana). But maybe that's common.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Maybe a cocaine and liquor fueled bender somehow inspired the folks at SE to find a way to ACTUALLY suck the life out of the planet and become an electric company? :wacky:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Often when I'm about to type "Square Enix" I involuntarily start typing "Shinra" instead.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Thanks d00d. I'm in the middle of an exam week, and next week I'll be in France (Distant Worlds concert!), so I don't have time. I might put the bones of an article together on Sunday so someone doesn't have as much work next Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday.

Lex

Administrator
I'm able (finally!) to do the next one Flint, so don't worry about it and enjoy your time at Distant Worlds. I'm super jealous.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
On the subject of music, has this been mentioned? (Though it was only announced yesterday)

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/ff7-9/piano/

The Piano Opera CD for FFVII, VIII, and IX will be out on the 23rd of April. You can hear samples from FFVII's tracks on the website (playing in the background).

Track listing:

FFVII: "Opening ~Bombing Mission~", "Those Who Fight Further", "Interrupted by Fireworks", "Cosmo Canyon"
FFVIII: "Ami", "Force Your Way", "Liberi Fatali", "The Man with the Machine Gun"
FFIX: "Hunter's Chance", "You're Not Alone", "Melodies of Life", "Rose of May"

Lord Kesharq

Late night user(coffee!)
AKA
Lostlord, Lewisito
Off topic post (sorry) but is there away to "follow" a thread? would like to remember this one as this will be the first place to drop any info on any new games set in the FF7 world

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
If you look at the top of the thread page you'll see a 'thread tools' box, which has 'subscribe to this thread' in there. Click that and it will appear when you click on the User CP options (it might also automatically subscribe to any thread you post in, though I don't know if that's the default option or not, but in the 'edit options' section of the user CP you can change it so it doesn't subscribe when you post, if you wanted to keep the list more organized).

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I think I missed the exact release date for this, but did anyone see OCRemix's new album, Audio Engineering? It's remixes of all Cid themes from the main series, Mystic Quest, and Type-0.

cid-cover.jpg

My personal favorites are the remixes of FF6's and FF9's Cid themes.

(Also, maybe this could be video of the week material, did anyone see this FF wedding? Featuring Squall's dress uniform and White Mage? I think the best part is that they did the FF8 waltz for their dance, haha.
)

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I think I missed the exact release date for this, but did anyone see OCRemix's new album, Audio Engineering? It's remixes of all Cid themes from the main series, Mystic Quest, and Type-0.

cid-cover.jpg

My personal favorites are the remixes of FF6's and FF9's Cid themes.

(Also, maybe this could be video of the week material, did anyone see this FF wedding? Featuring Squall's dress uniform and White Mage? I think the best part is that they did the FF8 waltz for their dance, haha.
)

I want to get married now, and I want it to be exactly like this.

Lex

Administrator
I caught the wedding video earlier in the week, but didn't know about the album release. Excellent roundup fodder <3

If its not up on Monday, I'll have it up by the end of Tuesday.

Lex

Administrator
Guys I have dropped the ball in an epic way with these roundups. This last week of uni has kind of taken over :monster:

Tres sent me some links because he is awesome, but I'm thinking I'll just wait until Monday/Tuesday and do like a mega-roundup? I kind of want to write a review for X/X-2 too :monster:

I didn't do one last week because there was literally zero news to post. There's quite a bit of it this week but I don't anticipate anything huge between now and the start of next week anyway, so I'll have one up on Monday.

The Completionist, Jirard, starts 'FFVII Month'

The first (so far only) video is ripe with errors, which may render it dificult to watch for some, but I really enjoy Jirard's genuine excitement. Let's all be easy on him also because he's worked on this FFVII video series for 1 1/2 years, while also getting out other videos.

I still damn the erroneous planet name of "Gaia" to seven forms of hell though. :P

These news about a French version make me feel taunted.

Except it should be Kazushige Nojima taunting us in French. :monster:

Top Bottom