• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Weekly roundups

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
It wouldn't be added as a record Gabe, more like "FFVII in 2 and a half hours using Yuffie Warp Glitch" or something.

Except it wasn't done in 2 and half hours :monster:

edit:
I mean I hate to keep harping on about this but Speed running has been a huge hobby of mine for about the last 8 months (mostly Windwaker and OoT),

In the community (SRL) we take it really seriously when someone wants to tout a WR on a run, especially an any % run. And when its shady the last thing we want to do is give the guy more attention , positive or negative. Sure you can add the spin that people are challenging the claim in the round up but thats still giving this hack more attention then he deserves.

I know its not my site and im not on staff or anything but as a speed runner I really want you guys to know that what this guy is doing is NOT cool and not worth attention(positive or negative) much less praise.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Well it's really the decision of whoever does the next roundup. They're also free to include comments like yours/ comment on the fact that the time to make the other save isn't included.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Fair enough.

Anywho thought this was cool , Yasumi Matsuno the man behind FF:Tactics, FF12 and Vagrant story has a kickstarter going for a new game Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians . It will be iOS and Droid only at first but if it reaches its goal will have a PC release as well.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
^ That looks pretty interesting, actually. Probably woorth a spot in a roundup for its Final Fantasy connection, though not as the main story.

Changing the subject, do we want to get some sort of timetable going for these? I'd like to write the roundups every now and then, but D&D is clearly keen to continue, and maybe some other people want to do them as well. We could either establish a rota or just "sign up" to do them in advance, e.g. by posting "I'll do it next week", "Alright, I'll do one after that".

Something I want to address about roundups:

In the cases when I've made big newsposts, the roundups have at times dictated when I do those. Like with the recent Version Guide, which I've worked on heavily for 2 1/2 months, I naturally want it to be the top news item for an extended period. This means that I either have to wait for the Weekly roundup, accept that it will very soon take the top spot, or change the publication date of my newspost so that after it is pushed down from the top I can take it back up to the top again.

I don't have much in terms of constructive criticism, aside from the question if it is ok for me to change the official publication date of my most recent newspost item so that it reaches the top again at least a few hours after the new WR has been posted.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm pretty sure we (Fangu <3) can make a bit of changes to the 'featured article' section of the front page so that they're hand-picked instead of just whichever is latest. Have a section of featured articles, and a section of news articles.

Fangu

Great Old One
I'm pretty sure we (Fangu <3) can make a bit of changes to the 'featured article' section of the front page so that they're hand-picked instead of just whichever is latest. Have a section of featured articles, and a section of news articles.
I think the bolded part would be best tbh. But that would mean reworking the design for it, so idk. You can manipulate with the order of the posts already by fiddling with the publish date (I think). Manually setting a top article would probably mean using the second (and last) optional field for it and we were going to use that for another thing. Which, ehm, I can't remember what was at the moment :wacky: Edit: Oh, forum thread ID's. That was it.

Lex

Administrator
Shademp, I don't have a problem with you fiddling with the dates if you'd like to be the news item of focus for any period of time when there's a roundup to be posted. Until something else is implemented you're free to do that at least :)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I think the bolded part would be best tbh. But that would mean reworking the design for it, so idk. You can manipulate with the order of the posts already by fiddling with the publish date (I think). Manually setting a top article would probably mean using the second (and last) optional field for it and we were going to use that for another thing. Which, ehm, I can't remember what was at the moment :wacky: Edit: Oh, forum thread ID's. That was it.
What if we made space in the layout for one featured article - the podcast isn't really being made enough to warrant such prominence in my latest draft, if you ask me - and used it to display the most recent "page"? Most of Shademp's serious work goes into pages anyway; he only writes posts to promote them. We'd just have to think of a way of easily writing the blurb for his pages when they are on the front page, as pages don't have the same excerpt functionality as posts.

Fangu

Great Old One
What if we made space in the layout for one featured article - the podcast isn't really being made enough to warrant such prominence in my latest draft, if you ask me - and used it to display the most recent "page"? Most of Shademp's serious work goes into pages anyway; he only writes posts to promote them. We'd just have to think of a way of easily writing the blurb for his pages when they are on the front page, as pages don't have the same excerpt functionality as posts.
We could do that, I support it. We don't have an extra field for it though, so to set that value the easiest way (without hardcoding it - I want stuff to be able to be edited from the WP admin panel) would be to put all 'important posts' in a specific category (like "Promotions"), and then hard code to always show the last post posted in that category. If you want the post to follow the natural queue afterwards, you put the article back into one of the other categories. (And the 'special post' category will of course not be shown in the regular queue.)

I can't be the only one who laughed when things got REALLY crazy and random with the FFXIII-2 section of the video. :lol:

Lex

Administrator
If you're talking about the part where Yeul dies over and over then no, you're definitely not :D

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Thanks.

Any volunteers for the roundup this week? We've had three different authors in the last four editions, and I see no reason why that shouldn't continue. Again, I'll do it if nobody else wants to - that will be the case every week for the foreseeable future.

Lex

Administrator
I still want to do one but it won't be any time soon. I would bore you with talk about all the stuff I need to do but it's all over the forum :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
FFVI comes to iOS tomorrow:
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/04/final-fantasy-vi-takes-serpent-trench-ios-february-6/

Theatrhythm Curtain Call gets a release date (and a special console):
http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/05/the...tain-call-dated-branded-3ds-console-revealed/

Between these links, those from the other day and that director's cut of "Inside the Square" about Lightning Returns, I think we have sufficient news to choose from.

If no one's done the Roundup by Thursday night, I'll do it after work.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
That article doesn't reveal anything about XV's release date, as far as I can tell:

As for the release dates of FFXV and even Kingdom Hearts 3, Square Enix has debunked an internal document that had been doing the rounds which failed to list either game for a 2014 release.

“We’re aware an internal document has been in circulation listing release dates for select Square Enix titles. This information contained in this document is inaccurate and features placeholder timing. Specifically – no announcement has been made to date for Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV – their projected release window remains to be advised.”

Do you have a different interpretation?

Top Bottom