• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Weekly roundups

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Both XV and KHIII had appeared on an SE document slated for a 2014 release. The article dwbunks that.

But it says "Square Enix has debunked an internal document ... which failed to list either game for a 2014 release" - surely implying that they could be released in 2014 after all?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Ah, yes, that article appears to have a typo. You'll notice other articles mentioning that the SE document did list both games for a 2014 release:

http://www.examiner.com/article/fin...gdom-hearts-3-release-date-time-frames-hinted
http://www.examiner.com/article/final-fantasy-xv-and-kingdom-hearts-3-release-date-rumors-clarified
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/3...dom-hearts-iii-rumor-says-dates-placeholders/

I confess I failed (:awesome:) to notice that typo and didn't select the best article to represent the news in question. But, yes, the news here is that SE said neither game is guaranteed to come out this year despite the internal document that implied they were.

Lex

Administrator
ITT: More linking to Shui Ta's absolute fucking nonsense in the examiner when I've ranted about him in this very thread over 9 gajillion times :monster:

And publicly on facebook numerous times too, so it appears at the bottom of the little insect's articles. Dishonest bastard.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I replaced the link we were using with a new one. And I made sure it wasn't from the Examiner ;)

There was also one story from last week floating around in there by mistake, so I got rid of it.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'd appreciate it if someone else - Tres? - would do a roundup this week, because I'm super busy, but once again, I'll do it nobody else will. The buck stops here :)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I would do it, but other than a ton of ambivalent-to-unfavorable reviews for Lightning Returns, there's not really any news. I vote we skip this week.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I saw that, but figured we could save it. I really don't think we have anything much for this one.

Those chocolate materia that popped up in a couple of articles in reference to Valentine's Day are hardly timely. The Artnia cafe has had those since it opened.

It's just a really light week.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I've seen things saying that they're selling the materia chocolates again (which implies they stopped for a period of time).

Lex

Administrator
idea

Someone here could write a review of Lightning Returns instead of the roundup? It'd have to be a murcan because those fucking bastards lovely individuals get the game 3 days before the euros do on Friday.

Fangu

Great Old One
I'm very late to comment on this, but

Fans have now discovered that during a cutscene approximately halfway through the game, Kefka murders General FFVI for Android. It’s supposed to be someone else, but, no, it’s the game itself.
I laughed :lol:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I think SE might be taking their fanservice a bit too far in XIV. After the initial failure of the game, it was definitely a very safe route for them to go down, but "safe" is not at all the same as "inspiring". I think they're trying to cover up their deficiencies a little.

I suppose I should write a new roundup today. I'll see if I have time later.

Top Bottom