21013242_p0_master1200.jpg

54695583_p17_master1200.jpg

d4ly10v-7fdf049d-eec6-4066-a387-8e0e9e28d0eb.jpg

dddfa933f19f1fab1626b91ebdb753d5.jpg

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^cute!! But ain’t that Claerith and thus belongs in...... Devotion (I think their club name is)?

EDIT: It’s been taken care of!

Last edited:

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
The ending is so powerful, btw I got this:
In JP, you'd see how Aerith's words for words is CC reference.

Oh, It's referencing what she wrote to him, right? The note Zack found about "want to spend more time with him"?

Also, I said it on the LTD thread, but the whole tone of CxA playground/park interaction has changed this time around. It was much more about Aerith remembering Zack than anything else.

I love how Zerith is being more carefully displayed in the Remake.

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
Oh, It's referencing what she wrote to him, right? The note Zack found about "want to spend more time with him"?
Yep, and words for words is just exact same as CC. English just translate it differently between CC and FF7R. If you think it's same, it's hurt more... I think.

I still can't get over the ending btw. Future is really blank page haha.

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
words for words is just exact same as CC. English just translate it differently between CC and FF7R. If you think it's same, it's hurt more... I think.

I still can't get over the ending btw. Future is really blank page haha.

I just read your post in the LTD Thread! Really good interpretation btw.

Things have changed a lot since OG, and with the addition of CC to the compilation, I'm fairly sure Zerith will be treated more carefully this time. I'm excited to see what's to come from these two.

Purple

Charmed
I’m really curious how they’ll expand on their relationship in future installments of the remake

I like the little touches that SE did in part 1. How Aerith was asking Cloud if he had any SOLDIER buddies and was disappointed when he said no. I mean, she was so excited when he asked him. It just broke my heart. Then that whole playground thing, how she said she used to sell flowers there a long time ago (Crisis Core) and just how sad she was about Zack. Tug at my heartstrings more why won’t ya.

And she totally sensed him in the ending right? And she was the only one who saw his last stand right? Really curious stuff

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
I wrote this for another thread but I think it's pretty relevant to be put here too.

Aerith’s Farewell Monologue at FF 30th Anniversary Exhibition hinting FF7R
The event, entitled “Farewell Stories Exposition,” was held from January 22 to February 28, 2018 in the Mori Arts Center Gallery in Roppongi Hills, Tokyo. It will reportedly feature interactive exhibits featuring various “farewell stories” from the Final Fantasy series, including recreated locations and augmented reality. Final Fantasy VII’s exhibit is described as follows:
Aerith met a tragic death in the story of the original game. In this exhibition, the “Sector 5 Church” where Aerith and the protagonist Cloud first met will be recreated. Freely walk around the inside of the church while listening to a monologue of Aerith’s memories specially recorded for this exhibition. Additionally, never before seen image boards for the long-awaited Final Fantasy VII Remake and more will also be on display.​
Scenario by Kazushige Nojima, voice-over by Maaya Sakamoto​
Let’s analyze her monologue with official translation below:

(1) “I hate the sky, it carries away everyone I Iove” Confirmed by Nomura in FF7R Ultimania as this line is voiced up in FF7R ending. This is because the sky represents losing everyone she loved, including Zack, as CC ending depicts a scene of his spirit soaring to the sky / heaven with Angeal picking him up. Let’s forget OG that depicted she’s unaware of his death. Aerith is Cetra and she could sense it–CC showed us and it doesn’t contradict her sensing Elmyra’s husband passing away.

(2) “This is a strange place. Flowers bloom all year long. The seasons never change–my feelings never change. I’m stuck.” I think 'strange place' refers to the church. Maybe at first, she felt close to the planet there despite denying her Cetra ability---the place she can detach herself. But then, since that day he fell to the church, it was also the place where she always meets him. Nomura stated in CC interviews at Dengeki, that Zack always headed straight to the church whenever something comes up. Her feeling lingers there and she’s stuck.

(3) "That’s it. I give up! I can’t stop thinking of you. Ugh, I can’t stand this!” Honestly, all these lines aren’t arranged by order and I don’t know which the right order is. Is this line spoken up during years he’s absent? Or during months after Zack’s death? Or, is it still last even after FF7R ending? The implication would be different.

(4) “Helloooo~ Wake up. It’s almost morning.” Pretty clear. Both Zack and Cloud crashed into her church in the same way, talk in their sleep, and she wakes them up in the same way, too.

(5) “Don’t step on the flower.” Pretty clear. Aerith scolded Zack, and Reno & Cloud when they are fighting.

(6) “Sometimes I see someone who has the same eye. Same as you, I mean. And I wonder, should I ask: do you know him? do you know where he is?” Pretty clear. FF7R change the playground scene different from OG, and this is an explicit reference from Crisis Core. JP lines are even the exact same words for words like when she stared at Zack’s eyes. She even has asked Cloud in Sector 5 if he had any SOLDIER friend or war buddy.

(7) “I know goodbye will be hard. But when I think of meeting someone new, I still get so excited. It’s cruel.” I think this is Aerith struggling with her feeling between Zack and Cloud. She knew she has to “Gotta move forwards, not back” as she stated in the playground, but it’s so damn hard that she might have this motivation conflicted for so long even before meeting Cloud. Aerith also stopped walking forward a while when Zack in another timeline passed her by. We knew in the future, she would meet more people… Yuffie, Vincent, Cid. Would she say goodbye again to Zack at that spot?

(8) “Stamp… Stamp! Guess, you’re gone too.” We know that the Stamp in Zack’s survival timeline has changed, but does her line refer to the old Stamp? Or just Stamp in general that could make Cloud get buzz on his head ‘cause it represent Zack when Barret mention it?

(9) “Things won’t last forever. Sure, it’s lonely. It’s sad. But I can say "bye” with a smile, right?“ She doesn’t say "bye” to Zack with a smile. I guess this fits the narration in optional dream sequence in chapter 14, as well as the next dream Cloud will get that she goes to Forgotten City alone.

(10) “You came. Thank you, I’m glad. But you’re already….” I’m not sure about this. Does this represent the time she prays in Forgotten City that Cloud comes to her but he’s under Sephiroth’s control? Or does this represent a future event in the next installment about her reunion with the Zack who survives and she knew he’s supposed to be dead? Or does this refer to the optional dream sequence that she’s aware Cloud isn’t himself? Too many interpretations.

(11) “You’re so far now. I’m so far from you. Oh, I’m rising. The sky is carrying me away. I can see you, you’re crying. Don’t cry, you’ll make it rain.” Cloud gets a future vision and we saw he drops a single tear and this line is 100% her farewell to Cloud when it happened. But.... Is the line foreshadowing her death that would be different from OG? We know in OG, she’s sunk down to the bottom of the lake in Forgotten City. But with all of these lines above correlated with FF7R, we’d probably get her death similar to Kadaj in AC as Cloud holds his dying body… her spirit (like Zack, not her body like Kadaj) then soar to the sky and both scenes are raining (although the Kadaj one is raining from Great Gospel as she heals geostigma around Edge). Her death should happen in the place where the open sky can be clearly seen (whether it’s clear blue or cloudy with rain), and Forgotten City doesn’t fit the definition as it’s surrounded by sleeping forest. If Zack was taken by Angeal and Kadaj was taken by Aerith, I guess Aerith would be taken by Zack here (either showing his glove’s hand as Angeal did in CC or with his voice like Aerith did in AC). And the monologue above would be spoken up later, similar to Zack in CC when he watches over Cloud dragging Buster Sword to Midgar. Or maybe, her death would still happen in Forgotten City but SE now uses new meta of the death. So, we would see her soul is separated away as Cloud is laying her body to the lake. It doesn’t mean Aerith is still alive when the party fight Jenova Boss tho′, remember Zack died longer before the sky set the sun to show his spirit goes to the sky.
——
This Aerith’s farewell story above can have two meanings:
  • 75% her farewell to Zack (as he died before her)
  • 25% her farewell to Cloud (as she died in front of him).
Why the portion is different? Well, Zack took ‘1.5 years active relationship + 4 years writing 89 letters + 3 months grieving his death’ in her life while Cloud takes 2-3 weeks of them being together in her journey.

Last edited:

MasterMoogle

Pro Adventurer
I wrote this for another thread but I think it's pretty relevant to be put here too.

Aerith’s Farewell Monologue at FF 30th Anniversary Exhibition hinting FF7R
The event, entitled “Farewell Stories Exposition,” was held from January 22 to February 28, 2018 in the Mori Arts Center Gallery in Roppongi Hills, Tokyo. It will reportedly feature interactive exhibits featuring various “farewell stories” from the Final Fantasy series, including recreated locations and augmented reality. Final Fantasy VII’s exhibit is described as follows:
Aerith met a tragic death in the story of the original game. In this exhibition, the “Sector 5 Church” where Aerith and the protagonist Cloud first met will be recreated. Freely walk around the inside of the church while listening to a monologue of Aerith’s memories specially recorded for this exhibition. Additionally, never before seen image boards for the long-awaited Final Fantasy VII Remake and more will also be on display.​
Scenario by Kazushige Nojima, voice-over by Maaya Sakamoto​
Let’s analyze her monologue with official translation below:

(1) “I hate the sky, it carries away everyone I Iove” Confirmed by Nomura in FF7R Ultimania as this line is voiced up in FF7R ending. This is because the sky represents losing everyone she loved, including Zack, as CC ending depicts a scene of his spirit soaring to the sky / heaven with Angeal picking him up. Let’s forget OG that depicted she’s unaware of his death. Aerith is Cetra and she could sense it–CC showed us and it doesn’t contradict her sensing Elmyra’s husband passing away.

(2) “This is a strange place. Flowers bloom all year long. The seasons never change–my feelings never change. I’m stuck.” I think ‘strange place’ refers to the church. We know her house has flowers garden so why she still goes to the church (that leads her to meet Cloud again) if the flowers could bloom naturally without her care? One reason, she’s stuck. Her feeling lingers there, the place where she met Zack and he always visited her. Nomura stated in CC interviews at Dengeki, that Zack always headed straight to the church whenever something comes up.

(3) "That’s it. I give up! I can’t stop thinking of you. Ugh, I can’t stand this!” Honestly, all these lines aren’t arranged by order and I don’t know which the right order is. Is this line spoken up during years he’s absent? Or during months after Zack’s death? Or, is it still last even after FF7R ending? The implication would be different.

(4) “Helloooo~ Wake up. It’s almost morning.” Pretty clear. Both Zack and Cloud crashed into her church in the same way, talk in their sleep, and she wakes them up in the same way, too.

(5) “Don’t step on the flower.” Pretty clear. Aerith scolded Zack, and Reno & Cloud when they are fighting.

(6) “Sometimes I see someone who has the same eye. Same as you, I mean. And I wonder, should I ask: do you know him? do you know where he is?” Pretty clear. FF7R change the playground scene different from OG, and this is an explicit reference from Crisis Core. JP lines are even the exact same words for words like when she stared at Zack’s eyes. She even has asked Cloud in Sector 5 if he had any SOLDIER friend or war buddy.

(7) “I know goodbye will be hard. But when I think of meeting someone new, I still get so excited. It’s cruel.” I think this is Aerith struggling with her feeling between Zack and Cloud. She knew she has to “Gotta move forwards, not back” as she stated in the playground, but it’s so damn hard that she might have this motivation conflicted for so long even before meeting Cloud. Aerith also stopped walking forward a while when Zack in another timeline passed her by. We knew in the future, she would meet more people… Yuffie, Vincent, Cid. Would she say goodbye again to Zack at that spot?

(8) “Stamp… Stamp! Guess, you’re gone too.” We know that the Stamp in Zack’s survival timeline has changed, but does her line refer to the old Stamp? Or just Stamp in general that could make Cloud get buzz on his head ‘cause it represent Zack when Barret mention it?

(9) “Things won’t last forever. Sure, it’s lonely. It’s sad. But I can say "bye” with a smile, right?“ She doesn’t say "bye” to Zack with a smile. I guess this fits the narration in optional dream sequence in chapter 14, as well as the next dream Cloud will get that she goes to Forgotten City alone.

(10) “You came. Thank you, I’m glad. But you’re already….” I’m not sure about this. Does this represent the time she prays in Forgotten City that Cloud comes to her but he’s under Sephiroth’s control? Or does this represent a future event in the next installment about her reunion with the Zack who survives and she knew he’s supposed to be dead? Or does this refer to the optional dream sequence that she’s aware Cloud isn’t himself? Too many interpretations.

(11) “You’re so far now. I’m so far from you. Oh, I’m rising. The sky is carrying me away. I can see you, you’re crying. Don’t cry, you’ll make it rain.” Cloud gets a future vision and we saw he drops a single tear. But…. Is the line foreshadowing her death that would be different from OG? We know in OG, she’s sunk down to the bottom of the lake in Forgotten City. But with all of these lines above correlated with FF7R, we’d probably get her death similar to Kadaj in AC as Cloud holds his dying body… her spirit (like Zack, not her body like Kadaj) then soar to the sky and both scenes are raining (although the Kadaj one is raining from Great Gospel as she heals geostigma around Edge). Her death should happen in the place where the open sky can be clearly seen (whether it’s clear blue or cloudy with rain), and Forgotten City doesn’t fit the definition as it’s surrounded by sleeping forest. If Zack was taken by Angeal and Kadaj was taken by Aerith, I guess Aerith would be taken by Zack here (either showing his glove’s hand like Angeal did in CC or with his voice like Aerith did in AC). And the monologue above would be spoken up later, similar to Zack in CC when he watch over Cloud dragging Buster Sword to Midgar. Or maybe, her death would still happen in Forgotten City but SE now use new meta of the death. So, we would see her soul is separated away as Cloud is laying her body to the lake. It doesn’t mean Aerith is still alive when the party fight Jenova Boss tho′, remember Zack died longer before the sky set the sun to show his spirit goes to the sky.
——
This Aerith’s farewell story above can have two meanings:
  • 75% her farewell to Zack (as he died before her)
  • 25% her farewell to Cloud (as she died in front of him).
Why the portion is different? Well, Zack took ‘1.5 years active relationship + 4 years writing 89 letters + 3 months grieving his death’ in her life while Cloud takes 2-3 weeks of them being together in her journey.

Here are all the lines. About twelve lines in total, not eleven. Only 3/12 seem to be about Zack though.

MasterMoogle

Pro Adventurer
I’m really curious how they’ll expand on their relationship in future installments of the remake

I like the little touches that SE did in part 1. How Aerith was asking Cloud if he had any SOLDIER buddies and was disappointed when he said no. I mean, she was so excited when he asked him. It just broke my heart. Then that whole playground thing, how she said she used to sell flowers there a long time ago (Crisis Core) and just how sad she was about Zack. Tug at my heartstrings more why won’t ya.

And she totally sensed him in the ending right? And she was the only one who saw his last stand right? Really curious stuff

What I'm scared about is SE not willing to do the right thing and take an axe to the triangle and just allow Cloud/Tifa and Aerith/Zack to be together, and that's only assuming Zack's alive and exists in the same timeline.

MasterMoogle

Pro Adventurer

Honestly, their dynamic would be so different from Clerith's. It's hard to predict what it would be like, but having played Crisis Core, and factoring in her more accurate portrayal in the Remake, I think their relationship would be comprised of:

- Supportiveness, but also pumping eachother up and getting the other to do crazy things.
- SIMPing. Sorry to say it, but Zack is a SIMP, and I think Aerith likes that in a guy.
- Probably a lot of volunteering in their local community.
- They'd probably also enjoy the Wall Market night life, more than Cloud would anyway.
- Zack would probably teach the orphans of Sector 5 how to properly use a sword.

It would definitely be a high-energy dynamic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom