FF Collections

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well, I've finally done it. I've acquired my three "antique" grails.

20210313_113124.jpg

First off, I got a set of the FFVII-R Artnia cafe mats. I've now used them as backgrounds for each of my shelves. Another mat is placed on my other shelf. I acquired them for a great deal from a collector who was offloading a bunch of their FFVII-R collection.

The top shelf is... What I've been looking for, for years.

20210313_113414.jpg

First, is the Cloud Strife and Hardy Daytona statue. This is the first edition version from the Kotobukiya FFVII Coldcast Series of 1999, which is why it has a unique number and card. These statues were limited to 5000 pieces. They were reproduced in 2006 without a unique number. Finding one of the first edition ones in near mint condition was a hassle, and then there was the price. But opportunity presented itself. And I afforded by basically selling off my rarest Pokemon cards :monster: And it was worth it 100%. I've wanted this statue since I was a young teenager and saw it for sale in anime shops back in 1999-2000, but couldn't afford it.

The next, is the FFVIII Transcendent Art Collection statue of Squall and Bahamut. Another Kotobukiya statue, that was limited to 3000 pieces. This acquisition was quite frankly a miracle. I found it for sale on a Japanese second-hand marketplace site, mint condition, for basically it's original retail value. I was gobsmacked. It was unreal but I managed to get it. And it's a treasure. Squall's card is there too.

And then, the most obscure and hilariously badass statue.... Adult Delinquent Sora Sion Barzahd from The Bouncer. Yes, he got a cold cast statue back in 2000, but it was extremely limited. Due to The Bouncer's anemic sales, Squaresoft basically killed their intended merchandise line of merchandise and just went with Sion and called it quits. In fact, they rushed these statues out so fast, they printed "DOG STREET" on his hoodie backwards. These statues are extremely rare, and I found one on Yahoo Japan for basically retail price. Someone just didn't give a fuck and I scooped it up immediately. I treasure this one immensely given it's sheer rarity and obscurity. :monster:

So to keep track... I pre-ordered the SOLDIER 1st Class Edition of FFVII-Remake. The Hardy Daytona and Cloud PAK, didn't fit in my case, so I sold it, and used the money to get the FFVII Static Arts of Cloud. Then, I resolved to finally get the Cloud and Hardy Daytona I truly wanted and would actually fit in my case, and here we are.

Finally, one other thing.

20210313_113737.jpg

I finally got Red XIII's AC PAK figure. Thankfully got this for 100 bucks since it was without it's box but I was satisfied. This bad boy is ridiculously expensive. Also, there's the limited edition coloring of FFVII-R Cloud, holding the limited edition Cloud version 2 Hardedge. :monster:

With that, my FFVII figure collection is satisfied for a good while.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Well, I've finally done it. I've acquired my three "antique" grails.

First off, I got a set of the FFVII-R Artnia cafe mats. I've now used them as backgrounds for each of my shelves. Another mat is placed on my other shelf. I acquired them for a great deal from a collector who was offloading a bunch of their FFVII-R collection.

The top shelf is... What I've been looking for, for years.

First, is the Cloud Strife and Hardy Daytona statue. This is the first edition version from the Kotobukiya FFVII Coldcast Series of 1999, which is why it has a unique number and card. These statues were limited to 5000 pieces. They were reproduced in 2006 without a unique number. Finding one of the first edition ones in near mint condition was a hassle, and then there was the price. But opportunity presented itself. And I afforded by basically selling off my rarest Pokemon cards :monster: And it was worth it 100%. I've wanted this statue since I was a young teenager and saw it for sale in anime shops back in 1999-2000, but couldn't afford it.

The next, is the FFVIII Transcendent Art Collection statue of Squall and Bahamut. Another Kotobukiya statue, that was limited to 3000 pieces. This acquisition was quite frankly a miracle. I found it for sale on a Japanese second-hand marketplace site, mint condition, for basically it's original retail value. I was gobsmacked. It was unreal but I managed to get it. And it's a treasure. Squall's card is there too.

And then, the most obscure and hilariously badass statue.... Adult Delinquent Sora Sion Barzahd from The Bouncer. Yes, he got a cold cast statue back in 2000, but it was extremely limited. Due to The Bouncer's anemic sales, Squaresoft basically killed their intended merchandise line of merchandise and just went with Sion and called it quits. In fact, they rushed these statues out so fast, they printed "DOG STREET" on his hoodie backwards. These statues are extremely rare, and I found one on Yahoo Japan for basically retail price. Someone just didn't give a fuck and I scooped it up immediately. I treasure this one immensely given it's sheer rarity and obscurity. :monster:

So to keep track... I pre-ordered the SOLDIER 1st Class Edition of FFVII-Remake. The Hardy Daytona and Cloud PAK, didn't fit in my case, so I sold it, and used the money to get the FFVII Static Arts of Cloud. Then, I resolved to finally get the Cloud and Hardy Daytona I truly wanted and would actually fit in my case, and here we are.

Finally, one other thing.

I finally got Red XIII's AC PAK figure. Thankfully got this for 100 bucks since it was without it's box but I was satisfied. This bad boy is ridiculously expensive. Also, there's the limited edition coloring of FFVII-R Cloud, holding the limited edition Cloud version 2 Hardedge. :monster:

With that, my FFVII figure collection is satisfied for a good while.

damn, that's a lot of figures. Nice collection

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
If we're comparing dick sizes, here's all of my bullshit
16156602998252068790341006220388.jpg
I need a phone that can do panoramic image lol.

I have a few other interesting things coming my way, so I was gonna wait to do a group shot, but whatever.

If you're ever hurting for money to buy something else, Mako, I'll give you an unreasonable large amount of money for the Zack PAK. He's the only one I don't have ;__;

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
If we're comparing dick sizes, here's all of my bullshit
View attachment 9406
I need a phone that can do panoramic image lol.

I have a few other interesting things coming my way, so I was gonna wait to do a group shot, but whatever.

If you're ever hurting for money to buy something else, Mako, I'll give you an unreasonable large amount of money for the Zack PAK. He's the only one I don't have ;__;

I love how Luigi is just chillin' with AC Cloud like he belongs there. :wacky:

I really want the AC Cait Sith to put on Red XIII's head, but I don't want to buy Cid just to get him. :monster:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I love how Luigi is just chillin' with AC Cloud like he belongs there. :wacky:
Luigi was my stand-in for Kadaj a long time ago. Eventually I got real Kadaj but Luigi is cooler.
I really want the AC Cait Sith to put on Red XIII's head, but I don't want to buy Cid just to get him. :monster:
He doesn't sit on Red as well as you might hope.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
If you have a steady hand, good paint, and a pair of model kit pliers you can do it.

It's like a mini-garage kit. Those Bandai models are some of the earliest pieces of FFVII merchandise. Came out in 1997.
I also have the Cloud one on the way, I don't think they did the other characters though. I need to get the modeling supplies (and someone to translate the paint list lol.) This will probably be a summer project, I'm too busy for it now.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
My stuff.
  1. Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII (PSP, NA)
  2. Dierge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PS2, NA)
  3. Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP, NA)
  4. Final Fantasy (PSP, NA)
  5. Final Fantasy II (PSP, NA)
  6. Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA, NA)
  7. Final Fantasy IV (DS, NA)
  8. Final Fantasy V (SNES, JP)
  9. Final Fantasy V Advance (GBA, NA)
  10. Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA, NA)
  11. Final Fantasy III / VI (SNES, NA)
  12. Final Fantasy Antholgy (PS1, NA)
  13. Final Fantasy VII (PS1, NA)
  14. Final Fantasy VIII (PS1, NA)
  15. Final Fantasy IX (PS1, NA)
  16. Final Fantasy X (PS2, NA)
  17. Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2, NA)
  18. Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1, NA)
  19. Final Fantasy XII (PS2, NA)
  20. Final Fantasy XII: IZJS (PS2, JP)
  21. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodia Age (PS4, NA)
  22. Final Fantasy Type-0 (PSP, JP)
  23. Final Fantasy XV (PS4, NA)
  24. Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition (PS4, JP)
  25. Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4, NA)
  26. Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4, JP)
Want to eventually own some of the figures out there

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I'd love to show my FFVII collection. It's not, like, epic, but it's got all the essentials. Well, except for my 5 unique versions of Advent Children...

US AC standard
US AC UMD (for PSP)
US AC Limited Edition Collector's Set
US ACC standard
JP ACC w/ FFXIII demo

My favorite is the UMD version due to its novelty. Can't believe Sony actually tried selling movies in that format.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I'd love to show my FFVII collection. It's not, like, epic, but it's got all the essentials. Well, except for my 5 unique versions of Advent Children...

US AC standard
US AC UMD (for PSP)
US AC Limited Edition Collector's Set
US ACC standard
JP ACC w/ FFXIII demo

My favorite is the UMD version due to its novelty. Can't believe Sony actually tried selling movies in that format.
And I can't believe there were 5 different AC editions lol

I have the one with Cloud's emo face printed in a black box + it has postcards and two novels and Crisis Core OVA. I think that's the Limited Collector Ed.

Man this movie is old, I'm old.

Top Bottom