FF Collections

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That FFVII poster looks like a promotional print used for game and toy stores. It's hard finding those in good condition unless you have a hook up in retail or the company itself. Where'd you find that?

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
The next dumb rare thing I want to grab is this poster
DDmS2TQV0AAGWF4.jpg

Whoa. That poster is mine if I find it first haha. Just kidding I'd let you know.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I'm gonna watch my Final Fantasy VII CG collection DVD while drinking out of my Final Fantasy VII Pepsi cup while eating my Final Fantasy VII ramen cup while wearing my Final Fantasy VII T-shirt and everyone will look at me and say "wow. what a cool guy that is."
You know, telling it like that is kinda scary.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I have a feeling that poster was a gift or freebie he got when he visited Square Enix last year. It's in such pristine condition and it's not even marked with a release date or anything. Looks like an early promotional poster or something the company kept xD

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I have a feeling that poster was a gift or freebie he got when he visited Square Enix last year. It's in such pristine condition and it's not even marked with a release date or anything. Looks like an early promotional poster or something the company kept xD
found it
I think he saw it while visiting their offices, so it's probably an old promo item they held on to.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I've seen that artwork for old promotional posters for FFVII's release in the 90s, however it had the release date and other normal things you see on game store posters.

So, like I said, it's either specially made for Square and their premises, or it was another earlier variant that simply didn't have anything but the title. They're part of media kits and stuff that's usually never for sale.

IMG_20201130_233635.jpg

Like this KH box display I have was from Gamestop back in 2002 a friend hooked me up with. These things usually get destroyed or trashed once their promotional period ends but sometimes if you ask, they let you keep them.

I wish I could have gotten the Remake stuff but someone in my area beat me to it :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
So Dirge of Cerberus recently got it's 15 year anniversary so I thought I'd share something I was quite happy and excited to find.

20210118_161649.jpg

This is the Crown Nippon poster advertising the DC soundtrack and it features one of my favorite artworks from the Compilation on it. Got this straight from Japan and it was near pristine. I had to frame this piece of 2006 FF history, and let it serve it's decorative purpose. :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I really love the portraits of all the relevant cast members of Dirge and how they flow out of Vincent's cape. Nomura's art style is amazing to me here, and the red tinted colors just fit it so perfectly. Really wish there was more illustrative art of the cast but alas :monster:

Also, this is the only 2D fully colored artwork for the main FFVII cast post-AC. That's another draw for me.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
If I'm gonna break into Square, I'm going for the ultimate grails of all grails.

The 1/1 scale statue of Sephiroth in the mako crystal, and the

I'll go straight Carmen Sandiego on that shit.
When is this model from? And are there any shots of the Sephiroth in Mako Crystal statue?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
That render of the main cast in Dirge of Cerberus is such a Summer action flick poster, I fucking love it.

"THE GANG THAT SAVED THE WORLD GATHERS FOR ONE MORE RIDE... "

Reeve holding his fursona is the best part too.

When is this model from? And are there any shots of the Sephiroth in Mako Crystal statue?

That was from the Square Enix goods store in Shibuya back in 2004 or 2005.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/showcase/eng/index.html

It no longer exists. It ended it's run Nov 25th 2012. So who knows what they did with that statue :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
So Dirge of Cerberus recently got it's 15 year anniversary so I thought I'd share something I was quite happy and excited to find.

This is the Crown Nippon poster advertising the DC soundtrack and it features one of my favorite artworks from the Compilation on it. Got this straight from Japan and it was near pristine. I had to frame this piece of 2006 FF history, and let it serve it's decorative purpose. :monster:
Nice find! It is a cool piece of art, but it always makes me laugh how Shelke appears to be doing her best Sora impression.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah that is truly... An odd pose she's doing. Like she's also trying to do her best magical girl impression xDD

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I'd love to say I bought this to celebrate the DLC, but I actually bought it a few hours BEFORE the announcement. It was pure coincidence.
16146260324553533894810500644848-jpg.9295

16146276523936359646454753014485-jpg.9297

I'd be curious to know what any of that Japanese says. My educated guess would be "Oh my gawd, I'm so DTF with some materia!"

Top Bottom