FFVII Remake: Intergrade Yuffie DLC Announced

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I don't get how this is done at the expense of worldbuilding? It's a great way to reference the Fort Condor mini game as it was in the OG. Every OG fan has taken notice, and I don't think it's bad? If we didn't get Fort Condor AT ALL then yeah, it would be done at the expense of worldbuilding. But I highly doubt that's the case and while I could see them skip it in the next game - honestly not even a given - it'll definitely be there for the search of huge materia sooo??

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
This is no different than Justice Monster Five in FFXV, I really don't see the big deal. Just because the pinball game made reference to an evil gargoyle king using a Bahamut Fleet of evil monsters didn't erase the in-universe story presence of the Blademaster Astral of the same name.

Fort Condor exists. It's explicitly referenced in the latest short story that takes place before the FFVII Remake. It's a real location and a game. Just like some rando in the Remake made a hit single called "The Midgar Blues," someone for reasons unknown to us right now made a "Fort Condor" video game. It's intriguing, not something that's killing anything in the scenario or its setting.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
This is no different than Justice Monster Five in FFXV, I really don't see the big deal. Just because the pinball game made reference to an evil gargoyle king using a Bahamut Fleet of evil monsters didn't erase the in-universe story presence of the Blademaster Astral of the same name.

Fort Condor exists. It's explicitly referenced in the latest short story that takes place before the FFVII Remake. It's a real location and a game. Just like some rando in the Remake made a hit single called "The Midgar Blues," someone for reasons unknown to us right now made a "Fort Condor" video game. It's intriguing, not something that's killing anything in the scenario or its setting.

Are you prepared to do the same backbreaking work to explain how a song called Barret’s Theme was playing on a radio at the train station? Come on people, it’s flagrant goofy Remake shit, and you know it. The writers have worse impulse control than I do. Someone said it at a meeting and they went ahead with it without a moments thought. That’s how they roll. And if they do decide to explain it you know it’ll be that Fort Condor fell into the video game dimension and Sephiroth wants to turn every video game into Final Fantasy VII, so you have to defeat him so that the video game writers don’t have to make FF7 anymore.

Edit: just to say that if you don’t think that kind of thing is dumb, if you think it’s awesome and adds to the experience, that’s awesome. But don’t pretend it’s not what it is just because I said it was dumb.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Midgar Blues is preformed by the same guy on the cover in Wall Market in Chapter 9. He's on stage singing it in the bar and even gives you a copy of his single, so that's an entirely different context from simply hearing an FFVII character's in-game song play on a radio like the other collectible remix CDs. It's part of the world of FFVII. Just like Stamp.

That's clear legit world building, so I really don't see how you can simply call it goofy shit when self referential world building has been part of the Remake already to expand its setting and culture.

In Intergrade, now it's a video game named after a previous FFVII location, which is no different than a hit pop single named after a city. Or a pinball game featuring names of Astrals and Daemons. Or an in-universe gacha mobile game featuring old school 8-bit classic FF motifs. Such references have been part of Final Fantasy, in general.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Are you prepared to do the same backbreaking work to explain how a song called Barret’s Theme was playing on a radio at the train station? Come on people, it’s flagrant goofy Remake shit, and you know it. The writers have worse impulse control than I do. Someone said it at a meeting and they went ahead with it without a moments thought. That’s how they roll. And if they do decide to explain it you know it’ll be that Fort Condor fell into the video game dimension and Sephiroth wants to turn every video game into Final Fantasy VII, so you have to defeat him so that the video game writers don’t have to make FF7 anymore.

Edit: just to say that if you don’t think that kind of thing is dumb, if you think it’s awesome and adds to the experience, that’s awesome. But don’t pretend it’s not what it is just because I said it was dumb.

Those G-Bike, Snowboarding, and Sub games at the Saucer must have wreaked some hellacious havoc on your OG experience. XP

ultima786

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ultima
My point was, I don't mind Fort Condor being cut in the sense of us not being able to visit it and do stuff there as players. It's obviously a part of their world, but we may not get a chance to see it. I'm perfectly ok with this. I'm 35 years old, I'm a working person, I know that game development is hell and takes an immense amount of resources and effort. I genuinely don't care at all for Fort Condor and thought it was a quirky silly part of OG that had so little impact on anything. I kinda hope it gets cut in order that Square can spend their efforts where it really matters, like the main story of the game.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
It brings to mind the visage of an old bearded man wearing overalls, no shirt, caked in dirt with a hunched back and holding a banjo. He wears a weathered straw hat, has a cattail in his mouth, and sits on a log out by the bayou. The children throw rocks at him.
Now, THAT guy would fly up top in FF character popularity charts in no time :awesome:
Also, it kinda sounds like a downgraded Sam from the Trio. Less glamour and beard trim, more wilderness and Zen.

GuardBreak

Lv. 25 Adventurer
If they just got to the point where you have access to the world map and they're already cutting content, then I'm not exactly sure they're going to keep their promise of splitting it up to not make any compromises.

ultima786

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ultima
I’m hopefully not a broken record. I don’t even want part 2 to be open world. It’s too obvious that open world games are absurdly hard to do well, and even when they’re done well they often struggle in the story department. I am in FF7 for the story and characters, spectacle and fun gameplay, and story and characters are my sacred cows. Anything that dilutes that or creates more potential to water down those elements is something I’d rather them just avoid altogether, especially since I find nothing inherently special about open world games.

I’d rather them just go with zones and usher is through a linear path like Remake did, to focus on what’s really important. I think God of War is a good example here. Both how linear parts were great examples of pacing and how the open world parts clearly sapped away more important elements, like diverse boss battles (which God of War kinda sucked at). More evidence to me to lean towards a linear story with zones rather than open world.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
The new characters in the Yuffie episode are really unimaginative. Nobody's black or brown, nobody's short or pearshaped or with stumpy legs, or disabled, or old. They're just more cookie-cutter people that I won't care about.
They smell like Chandler

... or was it Charlie? Oh, Chadley.

Top Bottom