• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Confessions & Mishaps

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Reminds me of when I was in HS and someone mentioned they were just getting into Death Note and then someone turned around and yelled
Light dies!
She was probably one of the biggest douchebags I knew in HS. :P
I'm surprised she considered THAT the big spoiler, and not
L dies!
I know that's what got ruined for me back in HS. Stopped me from even bothering with death note until the Netflix movie came out lol.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I'm surprised she considered THAT the big spoiler, and not
L dies!
I know that's what got ruined for me back in HS. Stopped me from even bothering with death note until the Netflix movie came out lol.

L wasn't even introduced yet where he was at.

I think I'd known that L died before it happened, but I still really enjoyed the show. I don't think I could watch it again though: my interest in it was during the worst time of my entire life and I still feel physically ill 12 years later when I see screenshots of the show.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Not the OG, but still a mishap worth mentioning. I've recently finished Crisis Core on my own for the first time ever. Glory to emulation! So just because I knew the story, I truly believed the missions would be inaccessible after the Nibelheim incident because
Zack was reported to have been killed in action. So I guessed he wouldn't be able to use any of the Shinra facilities anymore :wacky:
Needless to say, I was happy to be proven wrong.

Another confession to make is no matter how many times you've seen CC cutscenes, they make you cry your eyes out, especially after you've invested so much time and emotion into these characters. *hugs Crisis Core*

Mr. Dolphin

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I'm SO glad this thread exists. Here's a few of mine.

Here's mine: I got stuck for 6+ months in the junkyard after leaving sector 5 because I didn't know you could walk up the pipe (that leads you to the playground). My frustration was impossible to put into words. And once I finally figured it out, you better believe I spent days berating myself.

latest

Yes!! I got stuck there too on my first play through. I felt like I walked around for days trying to figure out where to go. I think I quit for about 3-4 months. I remember I picked it back up and randomly walked across that pipe...and was like...that's all I had to do this whole time?

But I think my biggest mishap though was this. After I had beaten the game a few times, my friend told me that if you beat the Midgar Zolom and all of your party members were under Level 15, when you entered the Mythril Mine, Sephiroth would emerge from one of the walsl and declare that "he wasn't worthy" and would join your party for the rest of the game.

I spent so much trying trying to beat the Midgar Zolom under Level 15 and it was basically impossible (at least for me). I think I finally did it and of course....it didn't happen. No Sephiroth. And I'm sure I spent a ton of time walking around the Mine trying to trigger the event. I was so pissed.

Honorable mention: I named Cloud "Sephiorth" on a run through and my save file was corrupted after that.

SocraticMethod

Ex ACFer
AKA
ticalmc2k2
I really like this thread and want it to keep going, so I'll add more.

I weirdly preferred watching my brother play FF7 more than actually playing it myself he first time around. Even though I bought the game with birthday money! Part of the reason was my brother binge-played games and I knew he was ahead of me so I'd get absorbed watching him play, and I knew he'd spoil things for me anyway because he was an asshole big brother.

Cloud XVII

Rookie Adventurer
Can relate to so many of these haha, here's a couple more I had:

Completely skipped the tutorials out of impatience and didn't know anything about materia, so I went through nearly all of Midgar with just lighting + ice equipped until I finally tried it out after getting destroyed by Motorball. So I had to solo the elevator boss battle with just Barret which was pure pain.

Escaped from most random battles so all the characters were hopelessly under levelled and I died to most bosses multiple times (Motorball, Dyne, the Turks at Gongaga and Materia Keeper took ages), eventually had to restart because Demon's Wall was impossible for me.

Also didn't like a lot of characters, hated Cloud because he seemed like an ass (still liked Barret though), didn't like Tifa for some reason, didn't like Aerith because she kept on flirting. Completely skipped past Vincent and Yuffie as well, didn't know they existed until I read a guide.

Worst of all, I thought Sephiroth's name was Seporith... Just didn't read it properly for ages

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I have never, ever succeeded at the submarine mini game.
The first time I played through, I had to ask my son to take over and get me past the stealth section of the Shinra Building, and the infiltration of Rufus's parade. In my defense, I was fairly new to video games at that point.

Those last two I get, it's still rare that I don't struggle with them at least a little. Don't think I ever mastered the parade.
And I know you've said it before, but I don't know how that's possible with the submarine game, haha. The enemy sub starts RIGHT in front of you. You hit :circle: to move forward a bit and then mash :square: 8 times. It usually lasts like 10 seconds :mon:

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Last night, I was scrolling through some of the unused text series lovingly collected on the main site, and this part astonished me:
Dial #2 Hint said:
Behind the Ivory’s short of tea and ray.
空のない黒と白のウラ

“Behind the [ivory piano keys] short of [ti] and [re]”
THE NOTES. All this time it's been about the notes! The two broken keys on the piano, and I remember being so frustrated that it might have been a bug in my game or the developer's oversight aaahhhhhhh :aah: Also, imagine the literal translation of tea and ray in my old copy of the game adding to the confusion.

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
Fort Condor's not quite the submarine minigame in how easy it is to win, but it still takes less than a minute. If you kill all enemies on the board before the next is set to spawn then you win. Also the enemies spawn in a queue, and if a unit is standing on the spawn point of the next enemy in the queue then that enemy will never spawn and therefore the board just needs to be cleared.

Of course, it's actually beneficial to just lose the storyline minigame for the boss's armour drop. Losing the minigame highlights the main problem with the minigame: it's too goddamn slow.

I thought the minigame was cool, but as with most minigames it just becomes an obstacle, and it's too hard to not cheese so I can't play it the intended way.

thelastmagus

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Cecil
i had that glitch on the OG playstation where you have Vincent's leg stuck up in the air like he's doing a ballet routine. :lol:

oh and one of the kids at school told us about how he'd opened his ps1 disc drive while the game was still in it, which I think is a well-known glitch nowadays but we didn't believe him

Top Bottom