• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Just a black screen. Seems like everyone using Bluestacks has the same problem so nothing to do but wait and see if the Bluestacks devs can fix the issue.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I was able to get in after a few attempts. I won the tutorial match! Might not sound impressive, but it was against real players. Think I'll retire now while I'm ahead.

The game's great. There's a lot of information to take in at first, but movement is solid and the menus are slick (for a mobile game). Lots of refreshing ideas too for the genre. Magic can be used strategically, summons are terrifying, and you can fight monsters to raise your level. Wish I could play more but I need to head to bed. Made a real good first impression though.

Screenshot_20211117-214934.png

Looks like the "story" will be told through these season introductions. There's a general one about The First Soldier beforehand that I didn't have the wits to grab. Hopefully someone else here remembers to screenshot it for preservation's sake.

Screenshot_20211117-215020.png

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Already it's clear I need to play this on a controller. The tablet/phone touch controls aren't bad, and they're feasible but... For the frantic nature of this game and quick reaction skills needed, I can't rely on this. It's not enough. I need to figure out how to use a controller for this.

Ideally, I need to cast this to a screen as well.

Almost like it shouldn't have been a mobile game :awesomonster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Man, this game isn't a joke. :monster:

That feeling when you're fucking around the abandoned outskirts of the map, hoarding items, only for "mako gas" to seep in, sending you running futilely towards the center as the gas overtakes you, only to be shot in the face by someone who sees you running towards them in panic.

Lolol I'm trying to play around with different styles to see which one sucks less on a touchscreen phone. I thought Ranger would work given their extra ammo, Assess skill, and utilizing auto-aim, but I'm having no luck.

Might try Monk, but it seems more difficult to connect with melee attacks on touch screen given the lack of lock on and having to slide your fingers frantically to stay targeting a moving opponent.

Thought long range fighting would be "safer" but from what I'm seeing guns do piss damage unless you have an incredible gun or you're sniping. Boo.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeeeeeah, I think guns are sorta trash tbh. :monster:

Ironically, warriors with sword are lethal as fuck.

Their damage boost and rush combo make them killing machines lol

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I don't like the guns either!

I'm finding this a bit hard to play, the camera angle on a mobile screen is hard to navigate without a controller but its kinda fun as well, think I need more practice.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Yeeeeeah, I think guns are sorta trash tbh. :monster:

Ironically, warriors with sword are lethal as fuck.

Their damage boost and rush combo make them killing machines lol

Lmao really?
I've got more kills with guns than I have sword so far XD
That said I've been spending a lot of time climbing buildings and taking folk out who are trying to mob ?

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
Seeing you guys talking about this game while playing it, and remembering that this game doesn't have many players yet, makes me wonder if this isn't happening(or couldn't happen in the future):

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
1637185366244.jpeg1637185380106.jpeg
I saw these out of context and I'm wondering...what is going on here? I assume that they're just the normal First Soldier player types dressing up as the characters rather than the characters themselves. If it's the latter, Square's got some explaining to do...but as usual, I feel like it's probably Twitter overreacting and they're just supposed to be outfits.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
They're skins, yes. You can buy them and dress your character up in the matching outfit. You can basically play dress up in lots of creative ways.

Lmao really?
I've got more kills with guns than I have sword so far XD
That said I've been spending a lot of time climbing buildings and taking folk out who are trying to mob ?

I'm getting more kills as a Warrior with my sword.

Ironically, I'm now dying more to guns :monster:

It seems like sniper rifles put in work when you can get good crit shots. I'm not sure all the different kinds of guns, but the heavy ammo rifles seem to do the best damage.

One gun literally one-shotted me and I had no idea wtf even happened lol

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Hopefully a PC/console port happens in the near future, and the Bluestacks devs get it running soon in the meantime.

Seems like it'll be a success right out of the gate, to me. They're already at 500k downloads on Google Play and, despite idiots review bombing it for just being a preload instead of a full launch, I've been hearing generally positive reviews.

The cosmetics are really cool. Honestly makes me wish even more that they'd done a FFVIIR event in FFXIV. Kind of a bummer that most are locked behind the paid Season Pass, but it seems completing the Season Pass unlocks the next season for free, so if you play a lot you can keep it rolling indefinitely after buying it once.

Since they haven't been posted here yet...

mainvisual_pc.jpg

Free rewards:

visual.jpg

Season Pass rewards:

01_pc.jpg

02_pc.jpg

03_pc.jpg

04_pc.jpg

05_pc.jpg

06_pc.jpg

07_pc.jpg

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Thank you for the comparison, I almost splurged on the MP uniform because the default one has booty shorts. Smfh

First impressions:

Music!! The prelude is awesome. Integrating the bridge of Those Who Fight (one of my favorite Uematsu licks) was a stroke of genius, got me proper hyped. One of the best things about the Remake project is all the new FF7 music and remixes.

I’m using an iPhone 10 and it seems a little… small. The logo in the top right corner looks pixellated, like it has been reduced in scale via MS Paint. The white border around the black text almost looks like transparency issues. Maybe it’s a problem on the design level. White text might have been better.

Trying to connect my account. Where the fuck is my Square Enix password? Fuck the 21st Century….

Edit: got it, did the tuts and a proper match, where I ranked 24/75… 0 kills lol

So! Gameplay. I’ve come around to the idea of mobile gaming via the FFT port and DFFOO. And chess. But those are all turn based, even co-op. But FS is an action game, and the touch controls put me at a severe disadvantage against people clearly using control pads, people with bigger screens, or the Fortnite/Apex children. I’m much better at melee than I am mid range fire. And by that I mean I suck suck suck at shooting.

So, is there a social aspect of this game? There are team matches, but there doesn’t seem to be a friend list… (edit 2: AHA! A friend list. My name is Allemagne if it lets you search for me!)

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
So do better weapons show up the closer to the Final Phase you are?

Cause I found this machine gun that was glowing like a bright purple and it fucking destroyed someone's health. I didn't pay attention to the name, I just grabbed it. Never saw it before until I started lasting longer in matches.

Also, where do you find the special monster Shinra orders you to kill in a match? What happens if you kill it?

So far, I think Warrior is probably the best overall "style" of the bunch, at least in terms of single player campaign. They deal great damage, increase their own speed, their melee attacks have incredible reach, their Rush barrier offers protection and they gain health killing with melee strikes. An important thing about them is their sword swings don't just hit opponents directly in front, the hit box for it is like a cone opening outward. You can hit enemies to the side of your swings as well. It works even when you're not perfectly lined up with someone and is great to knock over players. This is extremely helpful and relevant if you're playing on a phone :monster:

Ninjas have some nice and interesting utility. Going invisible is certainly very helpful. Mages are useful in teams given their MP Regen and stuff. I'm not sure how I feel about Monks. And Rangers... I dunno, I feel like they're the style that got the short end of the stick.

There's also all sorts of random shit to keep in mind with random monsters. Like, Monodrives apparently alert enemy players when they spot you. Cutters are basically instant death. Bombs are incredibly dangerous since they counter long range attacks with Fire that homes in on you.

Lol there's all sorts of interesting shit to pick up on this game. I find it fun and fascinating, even when I lose.

Top Bottom