Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer
After reading his insight for Hollow, I am 100% sure that this is not an accident. The man's super thoughtful!

Oh! Could you share the insights please? Haven't read much about Hollow but judging by internet chatter, it seems like Hollow is the Clerith's community's anthem while Midgar Blues is ours. Haha.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
For me one of my all time favorites must be the scene in Mideel when Tifa said "I don't care about anything else, only Cloud...", it was incredibly impactful to me because it was probably the first time I've seen a video game character exemplify what true love means. Tifa is probably not the first video game character to profess love but it's so much more powerful when Tifa says it because she is such an independent and strong character. She technically didn't need Cloud but she chose to stay with him.

My new all time favorite is the scene is in
where Tifa saves Cloud after his fight with Rufus. I probably cheered when I saw Tifa coming back for Cloud and we know there's no better way to a man's heart than by saving his a**.

For me it is that iconic night at the well.

The reason why that is so impactful to me is because I have a real life experience with that growing up and it just brings back a lot of memories of my childhood romance and the time that we spent together under a starry sky those hot summer nights long ago. It was difficult to confess at that time. Looking back now, I find it silly. It is funny when you are a pre-teen the world revolves around only you and the person you hold dear. (I grew up in the 80's).

So, I can relate to Cloud and Tifa in that scene. I know it is just a video game and that they are fictional characters but sometimes video games are so relatable and that is all in part of the Devs bringing life to such beloved characters.

Final_Heaven

Pro Adventurer
Oh! Could you share the insights please? Haven't read much about Hollow but judging by internet chatter, it seems like Hollow is the Clerith's community's anthem while Midgar Blues is ours. Haha.

I think they meant this:

I believe that the most important thing to consider when writing a song for a game is "Who, in what situation, in what state of mind?" If you factor in too much information, you'll get hung up on this and that detail, and you won't be able to make any real progress. When that happens I try to boil it all down to a single key phrase that encapsulates what I want want to express. Cloud in the rain-lost in thought- that was the image that I settled on in the end.

The struggle of a man trying to escape a destiny- he ultimately cannot-a man standing outside himself looking in, despairing that he is powerless alone, and searching for a way forward, frustrated and desperate.

I chose C11th chord to capture the complexity and insecurity of someone unable to let his guard down- though it was Yosh, with his raw powerful vocals, who gave voice to that Cloud standing quietly in the rain, but howling in his heart.

Final_Heaven

Pro Adventurer
Lol im sure Cloud and Tifa are going to have sex when its all said and done. I don't think she really needs to kiss Cloud on the cheek, just cause Jessie did haha

Well, it's called build up. : p

Remake Part 1- Hug

Remake Part 2- Kiss on the cheek

Remake Part 3- Maybe a kiss on the lips or they do that CPR scene between Tifa and Cloud like they planned

Remake Part 4- Sex

How your post looked on my screen when the page loaded:

5GSRRss.jpg

I was like, "Yo, Final_Heaven, you are all right" -- then I scrolled down. =(

I mean....I'd rather see Aerith and Tifa kiss each other than see anyone else kiss Cloud. It's just that Square isn't brave enough to make it happen

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Well Hollow is the song for when they get out of Midgar and cross paths with Zack’s souvenir. I’m on mobile right now so I can’t link back but I’ve linked the JP interview about Hollow in the Interpreting Hollow song thread, Uematsu talks a lot about very technical stuff that is interesting and that don’t go translated cause it’s nit shippy stuff lmao. You can use DeepL to translate and see by yourself, the translations are pretty good!

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Do you guys think that Tifa dressed up for Cloud during the Well scene? Her dress does seem a bit nicer than to be an everyday outfit.

Reactions: Ite

Final_Heaven

Pro Adventurer
Do you guys think that Tifa dressed up for Cloud during the Well scene? Her dress does seem a bit nicer than to be an everyday outfit.

Well...yeah. The water tower is a known dating spot so she likely thought he was going to ask her out on a date and then was disappointed when it was to tell her that he was leaving just like all her other friends.

In the OG, she even mentions during the Lifestream Sequence that she thought Cloud was cute at the time.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
https://mora.jp/topics/interview/finalfantasyremake_hollow/ Here is the interview for those who wonder. And DeepL translates it better than Google Translate if you want to try it. There is a lot of technical stuff that made me realise that Uematsu really thinks a lot when he creates music, and this is why Tifa's theme is totally a duet with Cloud. And learning that only now feels like years wasted!

As for the water tower scene, she definitely dressed up, I thought so as soon as I saw her, she even has cute heels! It's something you don't necessarily realise in the OG, but the Remake made this apparent. She dressed up so nicely and that idiot chocobo head didn't even see it!! :@:rage:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
While we are at music, we just learned over at the cloti FC that Tifa’s theme in musicology is a man and a woman answering each other - and I mean how cool is that? While I was wondering if this was what Uematsu aimed at, the interview for Hollow just came out and you can see in his hindsight for it that he’s very thoughtful about how he creates music and how he wants to convey it - so it’s definitely intentional.

All these years Tifa’s theme was really about her and Cloud and we never knew :monster: i should rewatch ch14 scene with that in mind to see how it plays, I’ve a feeling it’s going to be good.

Edit to add:

For people who aren't sure what they're listening for, here's a breakdown with some real basic analysis to help you hear it:

0:00 - intro (two voices are present but I don't think these are really the relevant part)
0:48 - Flute melody begins (female voice, since women typically sing higher than men), AABC form
1:36 - Bassoon melody begins (male voice, lower), re-stating the melody from the flute, AAB
2:12 - Flute joins Bassoon together in harmony for C phrase, ends on unresolved chord*
2:24 - restatement of intro/transition, loop begins

Which was shared in the FC (from Reddit I believe).

Last edited:

Final_Heaven

Pro Adventurer

This is cute. Didn't notice that Cloud took Tifa away from Aerith. Although I did notice that little Tifa-Aerith moment

@Final_Heaven You mind posting a link to those game critic comments? I'm curious to see them!

You mean this?

Last edited:

Final_Heaven

Pro Adventurer
Oh, that last guy that I just quoted also owns and is the founder of RPG Site so he carries a lot more weight than just a game critic.

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer

Thanks, @Final_Heaven!! I was curious about this too :)

But gosh, I made the mistake to press to see the comments below and I regret it so freakin' much! It's always the same people rushing in to nitpicking information and throw it at people as the truth ( and we have people like this in our part of the fandom as well). It's just so annoying and wrong. Mostly because these people they confront don't have the ways to check nor do they know where to find the full information, so they take what they say as truth. Probably these types of fans are what made me loath this LTD so much. I just want this to end! :(

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Aight... re: a little story about Pokemon Gold/Silver... and Gold Chocobos

A few years ago I worked at my first "grown up" job, which was this shady call center that seemed to exclusively employ weirdos - not discluding myself from this, mind. I was one of those weirdos, but the girl I sat beside was... something. I'm gonna call her "A" for clarity's sake.

First off, this is Western Canada and this girl looked like a character out of Jersey Shore. In 2014. This is the type of person who would dress up as a sexy Thing # 1 for Halloween, but instead of getting an orange outfit, she was committed to tanning herself to a bright orange for the sake of the costume. "Aren't you afraid of skin cancer?" I would ask. She gave no fucks. "A" was hilarious and very chatty, so I became friends with her quite quickly. We were both on different ends of the spectrum of messes who may or may not have done one too many party drugs. It was great! I had a blast working with her.

Anyway one day I was talking to a different coworker about the latest Pokemon game, as we would bring our 3DSes to work every so often. "A" kinda scooched on over and asked if we were talking about Pokemon. She never really expressed any interest in video games, but everyone likes Pokemon, so I asked her if she was playing it as well. She said no, but she really liked Gold/Silver for the Gameboy colour. I said cool, that one was my favourite as a kid, and inquired as to whether she had any particular favourites that stood out. She then casually launches into a story about her favourite Pokemon, Ditto.

A: Remember how you could put anything in the daycare with ditto, and it would make a baby?
Me: yeah! that was always so funny cuz Ditto can turn into anything!
A: Yeah, right! When I was a kid I tried to do that with my cats!
Me: Hahaha yeah, the weird shit we think we can pull off when we're kids hey
A: Oh no, it worked
Me: ...wha?
A: Yeah I locked them in my closet... they scratched at the door for a bit, but I left them in there until I heard thumping
Me: ................................
A: It was a brother and sister cat though, so the entire litter turned out r*t*rded. They were so cute though! We kept one that had 3 legs. Wanna see!?
Me: -laughing nervously- h-how old were you when this happened?
A: I was 10! My mom was so mad at me about it.

She then laughed and proceeded to clack her fake-nails away on her keyboard, as if that was a totally normal thing to drop on someone. The guy on the other side of me was speechless. "A" wasn't really the type to fuck with people for a joke. She did have a cat with three legs, as there were photos to corroborate. If it was real... that is some serial killer shit if I ever heard it.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
God, how can that girl claim that Aerith and Cloud have a similar personality, HOW? Cloud is so similar to Tifa it hurts, and the fact is they both open up to Aerith because she's easy like that, but that doesn't mean that Cloud is like Aerith - he's so far away from that! And her view about their future is uh... the only problem they had was related to his guilt/depression in AC/C, otherwise they'll be just fine.

Top Bottom