FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH ANNOUNCED

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Based on what happened with my Tekken 8 preorder, there's a 50/50 chance my Amazon preorder might get delayed (a situation I already mentioned on the previous page).

However, it should be noted that my Tekken 8 preorder was the standard edition and my FF7R preorder is the Deluxe Edition. At least with Tekken 8, I was able to cancel my Amazon preorder and buy my copy at Walmart in store on release day. I won't have that luxury with Rebirth due to it being a Deluxe Edition.

Rose Alive

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Always hungry
I preordered from Gamestop. When I preordered Tears of the Kingdom from them, it was delivered on the release date. I'm hoping the same for Rebirth because I live in the boonies, and the stores nearish me will definitely not have any copies per their track record.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Sweet. I hope Sephiroth comes with his Ever Crisis limit breaks. And his ultimate limit break will be Supernova and he can demonstrate it on those purple brain guys or something. Of course he would have to be non-invincible (vincible?) this time.

Oh - and maybe we want a demo thread in the spoiler forum. Unless we already know what chapter this covers? I'm out of touch.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Hey all! I'm back!... Well not really. I want to contribute to the Rebirth chapter threads like I did with Remake, but I also want to continue avoiding spoilers. So what to do?

Well, with the help of a Chrome extension called User CSS, I'm able to hide the message list of any thread on the forum. Here's the CSS I'm imposing on the page:

1707193173036.png

Which results in this view:

1707193143938.png

This effectively makes my posts a one-way line of communication. Neat! Now that I have this system established, I want to say a few things.

First, wow, life sure is boring without the FF7 community. What I miss most is the Discord antics. Second, I won't be watching the Rebirth-centric State of Play tomorrow, but I will be trying the demo. I did play the Remake demo after all. Plus, from what I can gleam, the demo is of the start of the game. I see it as getting access to Chapter 1 early.

Fortunately for me, Persona 3 Reload released last week, a remake of my second favorite game. And with it comes all the community discussion. That's really helped with occupying my mind away from Rebirth. However, the Twitter algorithm knows many things about me, and it especially knows that I'm a FF7 fan. So I've muted 105 keywords, listed below. That way I can continue using Twitter to see all the P3 fanart and memes.

Aerith
Ancient
Ancients
Andrea
Angeal
Avalanche
Banora
Barret
Biggs
Bone Village
Buggy
Buster Sword
Cait
CC
CCR
Cetra
Chocobo
Cid
Cissnei
Clerith
Cloti
Cloud
Copies
Copy
Corel
Corneo
Cosmo Canyon
Costa del Sol
Crisis Core
Dio
Elena
Elmyra
FF7
FF7R
FFVII
FFVIIR
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy VII
Forgotten Capital
Fort Condor
Genesis
Gi
Glenn
Gold Saucer
Gongaga
Heidegger
Highwind
Hojo
Hollander
Holy
Jenova
Jessie
Junon
Kalm
Kunsel
Kyrie
Lazard
Leslie
Lifestream
Loveless
Lucia
Madam M
Mako
Marlene
materia
Matt
Meteor
Midgar
Modeoheim
Mythril Mine
Nanaki
Nibelheim
Palmer
Rebirth
Red 13
Red XIII
Reeve
Remake
Reno
Reunion
Roche
Rocket Town
Rude
Rufus
Sam
Scarlet
Sector
Sephiroth
Seventh Heaven
Shinra
Sleeping Forest
Soldier
Tifa
Tiny Bronco
Train Graveyard
Tseng
Turks
Vincent
Wall Market
Wedge
Whisper
Whispers
Wutai
Yuffie
Zack

Will post my impressions and findings of the demo thread when it's available. Until then, hope every one is having a good wait!

Rose Alive

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Always hungry
I wasn't going to watch the state of play, but I couldn't help myself. This. Game. Is. Huge. My brain cannot process what I just saw.

I'm going to resist the demo though. I don't think I can handle only playing a small portion of the game.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Must… get off… lazy ass and… drive 3 minutes to buy… PS5… won’t use it for… anything else but… this… is… worth it…

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Was going to skip the SoP but buckled. CBU1 have outdone themselves here by the looks of things. Remake was them asking players to trust in the process and this is the payoff.

Jimmy XH

Pro Adventurer
Gobsmacked.

Interviews and still renders are great, don’t get me wrong, but seeing and feeling the game in your hands is a whole different ball game.

Owing to time I’ve only taken in a fraction of the demo but to see this world living and breathing is just amazing to me. If that’s what Nibelheim feels like, what’s the rest going to be like?

I’d found modern open world games beginning to get a bit formulaic in recent years. But this is a Final Fantasy VII open world game and I am fully here for it.

There’s a huge world out there for us to live in and enjoy. I cannot wait.

By the way the trailer are sick.

Reactions: Wol

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I saw a handful of information that made me really, really excited to play Rebirth. The issue is my PS5 is still America, even at this point!

I can only pray that the PC release comes sooner than Remake’s did. Though I honestly doubt it!

Top Bottom