FFVII: Ever Crisis Announced

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Vincent becoming playable in Ever Crisis before Remake pt3 is wild to me, excited for cold spirit and other Vincent folks to see too!

Aerith new costume so I am unlurking from the game. Golden bomb event is on again too yaay. Tifa new costume is super cute but I have to save for the first year anniversary too mm.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Interesting thing about Vincent is they said he's specifically based on the Advent Children / Dirge of Cerberus design rather than Rebirth.

1717021719726.png

Roadmap for the next few months is progressing the FFVII and Crisis Core stories. Seems like the next episode of FS will probably be during the anniversary. They put showed off a piece of art depicting young Sephiroth and Angeal:

KwRPgU8.png

The next FS episode is going to reveal how Sephiroth obtained the Masamune, among other things.

They're also implementing a Guild function and will soon be doing a Monster Hunter collab, as well as the summer event with new swimsuit costumes for Yuffie, Lucia, and a third character to be named later.

Last edited:

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Actually kind of exciting, looks like they will be doing the global live streams too like Opera Omnia, and Josh is on board. Rewards from live streams too which is hype. I don't expect the game to become quite as generous as OO it does have to make some bank but some freebies are definitely welcome. Looks like the monster hunter Cait Sith will also be a free outfit? which is super hype because it's adorable as heck. Seems they are dedicated to this game at least for the time being Nomura comment about NY too 💜

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Vincent becoming playable in Ever Crisis before Remake pt3 is wild to me, excited for cold spirit and other Vincent folks to see too!

Clicked on TLS just to talk about Vincent, happy to see this.

Here he isssss. I really like his hair. It's a bit more luscious like how it was in AC versus what we got in Rebirth. His armor plating has been reverted though and isn't as intricate. Also doesn't have the additional plating on this thigh and under his cowl. I actually liked those changes from Rebirth, but yeah, not surprising as he's based on his original design as Sukaku said.

He's also wielding Quicksilver instead of Cerberus, further indicating that he acquires Cerberus at some point during his adventure with Cloud (Part 3).

I believe the stream also said he'd be a pure DPS character at launch. Looking forward to the Vincent meta.

image (20).jpg

Roadmap:
p5royhatp53d1.jpeg

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Interesting thing about Vincent is they said he's specifically based on the Advent Children / Dirge of Cerberus design rather than Rebirth.

View attachment 16927

Roadmap for the next few months is progressing the FFVII and Crisis Core stories. Seems like the next episode of FS will probably be during the anniversary. They put showed off a piece of art depicting young Sephiroth and Angeal:

KwRPgU8.png

The next FS episode is going to reveal how Sephiroth obtained the Masamune, among other things.

They're also implementing a Guild function and will soon be doing a Monster Hunter collab, as well as the summer event with new swimsuit costumes for Yuffie, Lucia, and a third character to be named later.
holy shit that is gorgeous

SS2Link

Pro Adventurer
New Crisis Core chapter (Chapter 3) added a lot of cool things.

Was nice to see Zack interact with Scarlet—I always felt like the Scarlet/Heidegger/Palmer side of Shinra and the SOLDIER side of Shinra were too segregated until now. For a long time, the only interaction we had between them was Palmer's reaction upon seeing Sephiroth in Shinra Tower. At a character-specific level, it was just nice to see Zack and Scarlet talk for the first time since they have very contrasting personalities.

Zack helping a 3rd Class SOLDIER quell a monster attack was very cool, almost taking him under his wing the way Angeal did for him. Then, Zack saying "I'll be Angeal for the day" when helping a scientist with his research was very cool too.

The scene of Zack meeting with the Turks was streamlined, but nothing important was lost, which is good. I like that the artist actually slightly changed Reno and Rude's portraits (gave Reno short hair, made Rude clean-shaved) to fit with Crisis Core being a prequel. Honestly, I fully expected the portraits to be the same, and would've been okay with it, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see the attention to detail.

I'm happy that the entire cinematic of Genesis and Angeal sparring with Sephiroth was included. Always extremely cool to watch.

I did not at all expect to see Ever Crisis create a brand-new Angeal Copy. To stop Zack from catching him, Hollander summons a new character, A-Rejector, to act as the boss of the chapter. Honestly, I expected the boss to be Angeal himself, but I'm glad it wasn't, since the whole point of the scene was that although Angeal was attacking, Zack refused to defend himself. Very happy to see a new Crisis Core boss was created instead.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Bumping with two more Vincent teasers:

Limit Breaks: Berserk Dance, Beast Flare, Chaos Rampage. All three use his Galian Beast transformation. Chaos Rampage looks to grant him PATK Up, MATK Up, and Haste.

One of his weapons has a basic AoE Blizzaga. Another has Spinning Pentashot, which deals damage and boosts his LB Gauge. It seems that filling his LB Gauge more quickly might be one of his core mechanics.

His attacks also all seem to crit in the video, which may mean he has a high crit stat like Cait Sith, or it might just be the developer video.

Edit: Confirmed the crits are not reflective of how the abilities work in game.

Last edited:

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
One last countdown video:

This showcases the new Reprieve ability, which nullifies a single fatal attack and grants a small amount of healing and brief window of immunity, and shows that Berserk Dance deals more damage the lower his health is. He has two C. Abilities assigned, Sludge Shot (earth element) and Sage Shot (non elemental).

We also get our first look at one of Vincent's costumes, unclear if this will be his Gear Exchange Ticket costume or the first banner.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i got there too late and there's no spaces :sadpanda:

i was thinking a guild/team feature would be useful when trying to do the missions for the monster hunter quest involving multiplayer. unless i am just being dense (i might be, i haven't looked at the help section) i don't see any way to see who is looking for a match. so if you're not manually inviting people you have to select a quest and just try matching and hope someone else is also trying to play the same one. if there was a list of current parties looking for matches, a little icon on the quest menus showing someone is looking for players, or something like ff14's content finder (let me pick a selections of battles and check if anyone is partying up for those), that's be swell.

in the 50-ish days i've played it, i have managed to get into multiplayer games on 1 of those days. i look at stuff like the summon stream missions asking for 'use 300 stamina in multiplayer' and bitch how.

i see like i have hit a plateau in terms of levelling now and the grind has really set in. the highest power level my team has reached is about 140,000 and it's not really rising above that. for my more levelled characters (cloud, barret, and tifa) i need 30 of those memory crystals to unlock things in the character stream, but if there's not an event going on i might get 15 from those 3-per-day quests. it's nice that it has thrown weapons at me with the gachas but i have too many now (also gathering the higher level upgrade materials). i liked that they added the highwind thing with character buffs for everyone but i'm still at that plateau

even the story sections, which i found decently balanced at first, seem to have took a sharp increase in difficulty. used to be i could get through them with the set story party characters but suddenly that wasn't the case anymore. even with different characters it got to be a struggle

i just wanted to get through the first soldier stuff, that's all

SS2Link

Pro Adventurer
even the story sections, which i found decently balanced at first, seem to have took a sharp increase in difficulty. used to be i could get through them with the set story party characters but suddenly that wasn't the case anymore. even with different characters it got to be a struggle

i just wanted to get through the first soldier stuff, that's all
Yeah, my only reason for getting the game was to play through the First Soldier story, but the difficulty spike is insane. I was able to drag it out pretty far, though now it's basically impossible to proceed now without grinding. I thought they were gonna flatten the difficulty curve a little bit, but it doesn't seem to have. Real shame.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I might get flak for this but I kinda wish there was like a "story mode" difficulty for this game.

Normally, I never play anything lower than Normal when it comes to games but this particular one is really a case of "I kinda just want the story." The counterargument is that I can watch it on Youtube (which I am grateful for because that's basically how I'm consuming it) but I also think being able to interact with the game even if it is piss easy is still better than watching it. At least in my opinion.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
this feels like the most unevenly balanced f2p game i have played, which granted isn’t a lot. but most of the time i still feel like i can get through the main story without excessive grinding. especially for a more story-focused title and not like a candy crush-esque puzzle game (or maybe that’s just me, but you’re putting backstory for a big budget console game in here so i feel like story is meant to be a key appeal). i don’t remember having this problem with something like mobius ff or sinoalice or the dissidia mobile game.

i don’t know if this is where they want you to start buying gems, is there much to buy that isn’t paying for the gacha? i think i already manage to get all the weapons and it’s just levelling them up that’s the hassle. plus this is a square enix mobile game, what guarantee do i have it will be here in a year

idk either adjust the difficulty or make levelling up your stats easier. lower the number of high level materials (like the mythril stuff that’s basically only exchangeable during events) to upgrade weapons. better drops for memory crystals (which you can only do 3 times per day and there’s like a dozen characters to do that for). make my life easier here

Top Bottom