FFVII: Ever Crisis Announced

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Masamune clearly has a Japanese name, design, and folkloric inspiration, which probably means it's meant to be from Wutai. Rhadore doesn't really have any Japanese design motifs, looking more like it was inspired by Southeast Asian cultures to me.

Personally, I always figured it's something Sephiroth picked up in Wutai, or as part of his training to combat the Wutains. Maybe he claimed it from a powerful Wutaian warrior he defeated in battle, or there's a Wutainan swordsmith / swordsman who works for Shinra, either as a defector or prisoner.

Actually, given that we've already seen a glimpse of Glenn fighting Sephiroth during what looks like Genesis's defection, and Glenn most likely being an envoy acting on behalf of Wutai in Rebirth, I wonder how far the First SOLDIER story will progress in the timeline. Maybe it will eventually shift away from Rhadore to the Wutai War?

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
The Rebirth crossover event is coming soon. Bit of a surprise, the two featured costumes are Guide Uniform Tifa w/ Zangan Fist gloves... and Hellhound Red XIII???

img_thumb_costume_0003012_detail.png
img_thumb_costume_0005006_detail.png

Also get Igneous Saber and Ashura as farmable weapons for Cloud and Sephiroth, both AoE fire weapons.

Guide Uniform is pure PATK and Physical Ability up, Zangan Gloves is a high damage neutral element weapon with a Fire Materia boost slot.

Hellhound has boosts to both Fire and Ice.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Red XIII's new outfit appears to be what he wears during the Gold Saucer play. Hopefully the event refresh features Barret's costume.

I was hoping Yuffie's altered look in Rebirth would be a free costume this event, but alas. I mean now would be best the time, it's not so different to warrant a banner in my opinion.

1708062189816.png

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
JUST AS A WARNING: The Nibelheim section was the Rebirth cutscenes but sort of truncated with the text summary like a cliffnotes version of what happened. That was fine because the Demo of that was out...

...but the new content is the same thing for the Grasslands section – which is literally BRAND NEW Rebirth content that's still not been released with the full game yet. It's just straight up spoilers, so I played it but skipped every single cutscene and didn't watch any of them at all because that's a SUPER shitty way to have your initial experience with that content.

Beyond that, every time you complete one of those it loops you back into a totally different menu for the Materia Keeper fights, so it's pretty clear that once again the Ever Crisis team is pushed into a deadline crunch with content that they conceivably could have been working on for ages. These are the types of weird decisions that you just don't make when you're doing shared planning, so it's a bit frustrating that as it goes on, EC feels more and more disconnected from the game that it's interconnected to.

X :neo:

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I really hope by the time the game dies (Because we know it will happen), they release the story playable as a offline game, i don't care if i have to pay for it if i can avoid the gacha stuff

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
0.5 Anniversary event starts tonight. Banners last a full month, with matching uniforms and weapons for Cloud, Glenn, Zack, and Sephiroth. Thematically seem to be cool white military uniforms with glowing green highlights to represent the lifestream.

img_thumb_home_background_l_020033.png
img_thumb_home_background_l_020036.png

Cloud and Glenn to start, Zack and Sephiroth next week or maybe the week after. Limited banners, unfortunately, but the Stamp Banners guarantee .

img_thumb_interjection_background_3000046_en.png

img_thumb_gachaappeal_1002204_en.png
img_thumb_gachaappeal_1002205_en.png

img_thumb_costume_0001010_detail.png
img_thumb_costume_0050007_detail.png

Very strong weapons, with R. Abilities that boost the PATK of your entire party.

New story event is called The Knights of Judgment -Project Zero Remnant- and involves monsters using the Eligor model. Possibly the ghosts of Project: 0 candidates? Haven't played yet, will find out tonight.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
So, Double Summons were added today with the Ifrit & Bahamut Double Summon, in which Ifrit and Bahamut are both summoned and perform a team attack called Crimson Flare, which boosts the party's Fire damage for a short while.

Makes me wonder if we might see that as a feature in Remake Part 3.

Also got the level cap for weapons raised to 120, plus a new update for the Half Anniversary story.

In the first part of The Knights of Judgment -Project Zero Remnant-, across three different points in time Sephiroth, Glenn, Zack, and Cloud each faced a band of robots designed to resemble ghosts called the Knights of Judgment, and in the process were transported to a VR simulation world where they found sentient weapons that gave them the power to fight the Knights.

In the second part, the four heroes are told that they're in the Project Zero VR System, which was designed to find the strongest possible warriors by repeatedly feeding it combat data and using that data to produce stronger fighters, over and over. In the end two subsystems were created, the Knights of Judgment -- robots deployed around the world to seek out candidates -- and the weapons, which were designed to compliment the theoretical strongest possible candidates. It just so happens that our heroes match the parameters the weapons were programmed with.

We see Cloud and Zack reunite, and they meet Glenn and the young incarnation of Sephiroth, which shocks Cloud. The intersection of timelines is explained as anything being possible within the Project Zero system, and they set aside their differences to defeat the Knights of Judgment.

2484110_20240314015235_1.png

After defeating the Knights of Judgment, they learn that the P0 program was decommissioned years ago, but that the system is acting on its own to preserve itself due to the countless iterations of upgrades it administered to itself over the years.

It uses their combat data to create a new challenger even greater than the greatest warriors.

Last edited:

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Holy crap, Lex. Looks like those screenshots people take after saving up 10 guaranteed gold tickets.

I got a 5x Stamp draw on the new Sephiroth banner so feeling pretty good about that. I think I'm gonna have enough crystals by the end of the event to snag 3/4 costumes, so unfortunately I think Zack's going to have to sit this one out despite being my favorite FFVII character. Just have no place for another Fire Arcanum build on a character that doesn't have good MATK options.

img_thumb_costume_0020011_detail.png
img_thumb_costume_0049009_detail.png

Also get the epilogue of the anniversary event.

2484110_20240321000615_1.png
Our four heroes defeat the knights of judgment in the VR program and it shows them visions of themselves wearing all the other gacha costumes, indicating that they were lent power by all the warriors the program has accumulated data from in the past. The program informs them that when they've been returned to their original worlds their minds will lose the memories of the time they spent there, but their bodies will retain the combat experience they've gained.

2484110_20240321000744_1.png
Before departing, they cross swords three four musketeers style, and vanish one by one. Cloud wonders for a moment if the others were just data, but decides that the experience he gained proves they were real.

2484110_20240321000753_1.png
Sephiroth and Cloud are the last to vanish, giving us a rare glimpse of them together as allies.

We then return to our parties, and get a bit of each of them. The Turks reveal that the Knights of Judgment were holographic illusions projected by a mechanical ghost. Tseng tells Zack some classified information -- that his pride drives him to work even when he doesn't want to -- and Zack decides to take after him.

2484110_20240321003032_1.png
Sephiroth surmises that the machines made messed with their minds and made them lose time, but feels inspired to try something out with his crew.

2484110_20240321003302_1.png
Cloud tells the party that he feels different, like he has infinite strength. He's not sure what happened, but feels like he was given something important. Tifa says she's not sure how, but she can tell. They turn to the horizon and set out for Junon.

Black screen, white text:

A churning river of memories,
knowledge, and emotions.
As they come together and drift
apart, a story is given shape--
An unprecedented tale.
Another possibility.​

2484110_20240321003525_1.png2484110_20240321003532_1.png

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
@Suzaku, am I right in my understanding that the weapons from the Limit Break banners won't be added to the general pool later? My brain turns to mush whenever I try to read the in-game details/notifications.

I might get Glenn's outfit because arcana...

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
@Suzaku, am I right in my understanding that the weapons from the Limit Break banners won't be added to the general pool later? My brain turns to mush whenever I try to read the in-game details/notifications.

I might get Glenn's outfit because arcana...
They won't be added to the general pool, but will be available to wishlist and pull on future Limit Break banners.

Mild April Fools' Day joke from the EC Twitter.

There is a touch of truth to it, however, as Cait Sith appears with a costume in the Easter event and will almost certainly be added alongside the new Story Chapter for FFVII coming out this week.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
They won't be added to the general pool, but will be available to wishlist and pull on future Limit Break banners.

Mild April Fools' Day joke from the EC Twitter.

There is a touch of truth to it, however, as Cait Sith appears with a costume in the Easter event and will almost certainly be added alongside the new Story Chapter for FFVII coming out this week.
When I saw the silhouette on the JP Twitter last night, I was thinking that this might be what they were doing, especially because of the aforementioned Cait Sith Easter costume, and this is a BRILLIANTLY funny way to set up for that using April Fools as an indirect reveal.

X :neo:

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer

This week's update brings:

• FFVII Chapter 6, which looks to cover quite a bit of content: the Cargo Ship, Costa del Sol, the Golden Saucer, and at least some of Corel.
  • Cait Sith added to the character roster.
  • A new Limit Break for each character.
  • Draw: Easter costumes for Cait Sith and Tifa.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Steam version should run better unless you have a killer phone/tablet or a crappy PC. It lacks the daily 100 blue crystals for watching two ads. It has keyboard / gamepad support for controls.

Otherwise it's identical to the mobile version.

You can always play both.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i didn’t pick this back up right when the official release started, but i started again on the steam version. although i was going to try and get the mobile version but guess since my steam account is a uk one it’s on uk/euro server. but my phone is tied to the japanese app store downloading the japanese version so i can’t connect my accounts. and i can’t change the region of the store because i have ¥75 in my balance i would have to get rid of first (or contact support which i don’t want to do with the fake japanese address on my account lol). but i don’t think there is anything you can get for ¥75, i can’t change my account with non-japanese payment methods and i don’t want to get a prepaid card and potentially end up with another odd amount left in my balance

so i guess i won’t be playing the mobile version as well

Top Bottom