SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
There is a "Cloud" computer virus in Parasite Eve 2. The fix for this virus is found in the "Aeris" magazine in the same room.

That's it.

That's the easter egg in its entirety.
It doesn't sound so romantic that "Cloud's" a virus that "Aeris" needs to fix, lmfao. No, wait, it's not even "Aeris" fixing it, it's just the magazine name. That was too funny, lol. Quite different than the majority of CT appearances referencing the promise, right?

I like what the re-trilogy has done with CT... also im new around here hi guys!
Welcome! :)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
It doesn't sound so romantic that "Cloud's" a virus that "Aeris" needs to fix, lmfao. No, wait, it's not even "Aeris" fixing it, it's just the magazine name. That was too funny, lol. Quite different than the majority of CT appearances referencing the promise, right?
I mean, when you get right down to it, almost all the things Cleriths reference as being CA that come from outside the narrative are
"Cloud and Aerith appeared together!" with the implication that CT do not. These are often divorced from all context, misunderstood, and sometimes just plain lied about.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Are these posters for a concert?
30th Anniv of the series concert.
Kinda funny if this is supposed to be evidence given TY is one of the sadder actual couples of the series, given the latest point in their continuity we know of is them broken up after Tidus's second death and ressurection.

Semi-related, it's so funny seeing Cleriths on twitter insisting that "Cloud didn't confirm mutual feelings with Tifa" in the GS date given we have like 11 different instances of it explicitly being said that Cloud and Tifa canonically do that under the highwind no matter what specific scenes you got in your playthrough.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
30th Anniv of the series concert.
Kinda funny if this is supposed to be evidence given TY is one of the sadder actual couples of the series, given the latest point in their continuity we know of is them broken up after Tidus's second death and ressurection.

Semi-related, it's so funny seeing Cleriths on twitter insisting that "Cloud didn't confirm mutual feelings with Tifa" in the GS date given we have like 11 different instances of it explicitly being said that Cloud and Tifa canonically do that under the highwind no matter what specific scenes you got in your playthrough.
A lot of bizarre takes in circulation recently, none of which worth a second thought since they drag down characters into being terrible/manipulative. Pure nonsense.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
A lot of bizarre takes in circulation recently, none of which worth a second thought since they drag down characters into being terrible/manipulative. Pure nonsense.
Oh, absolutely nonsense, but also fascinating, because they reveal the mindset of the people making them and their actual priorities.

Not that those are always comprehensible, like the "Cloud kissed Tifa to not hurt her with a rejection" take I saw yesterday.

Someonesbunny

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Rabbit
Oh, absolutely nonsense, but also fascinating, because they reveal the mindset of the people making them and their actual priorities.

Not that those are always comprehensible, like the "Cloud kissed Tifa to not hurt her with a rejection" take I saw yesterday.

I swear these are being recycled - wasn't this also a Remake take where "Cloud hugged Tifa to comfort her because he actually rejected her."

imach0c0

Pro Adventurer
A recent topic of discussion I've seen recently is the the argument that Cloud shows jealousy in regards to Aerith. Below are some of the claims:

Remake - Evergreen Park
The "complex/complicated feelings that Cloud has when he thinks that Aerith may have taken someone else out on a date in the same way" (paraphrase from the FFVII Remake Ultimania plus) = jealousy.

Rebirth - Gongaga
Cloud calling Zack a loser is a jealous response to Aerith when she says that she maybe has feelings for Zack. Some claim the jealousy is canon because in OG, when you go to Gongaga, there is an option for the player to select jealous/envy (paraphrase) when you speak to Aerith (after going to Zack's house). Note: In JP, Cloud does not call Zack a loser. He says something along the lines of "I can't believe he would abandon Aerith"

Rebirth - Tifa Gondola
Cloud kisses Tifa because he is jealous of Zack and uses Tifa as a rebound

On a side note --
I believe Cloud's motion capture actor used the word "pure" when describing Cloud's intention when he asked Aerith if she still liked Zack. The counter argument to the validity of his comment is that he is not on the dev team, therefore what he says is irrelevant what is canon in the story.

What are yall's thoughts on this?

Last edited:

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
The counter argument to the validity of his comment is that he is not on the dev team, therefore what he says is irrelevant what is canon in the story.

What are yall's thoughts on this?
He's literally the guy who made the face and was directed on how to depict Cloud's body language in the moment. He has every right to state what was supposed to be portrayed here because he's literally the guy portraying it.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
The dev note around the park scene in Remake is a bit too vague for me to comment on, but maybe jealousy plays a factor? Kinda weird considering they just met, but they did share a friendly moment before so it could be confusion on what her angle is.

As for Gongaga, nothing aligns with how Cloud expresses jealousy before or after that scene. All reads as a clumsy way to try and comfort her and he ends up getting both women upset with him.

A neat observation that’s popping up though is that as Tifa smooths things over and Cloud looks back, he could have realized that his own words about Zack ( either in EN or JP ) could be aimed back at him about Tifa. Makes sense to me, and it ties in neatly to their subplot started in Kalm.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I don't think the Park 'date' uses the word jealousy, just complicated feelings, and the feeling that a girl brought you to a place where she took other guys is gonna make you feel weird, ESPECIALLY if you're not actually intending to pursue her romantically.
It's also worth noting that said 'date' ends with Cloud seeing Tifa in the distance from behind and going to check up on her.

imach0c0

Pro Adventurer
I don't think the Park 'date' uses the word jealousy, just complicated feelings, and the feeling that a girl brought you to a place where she took other guys is gonna make you feel weird, ESPECIALLY if you're not actually intending to pursue her romantically.
It's also worth noting that said 'date' ends with Cloud seeing Tifa in the distance from behind and going to check up on her.
The park "date" does not mention jealousy.

(Just in case it was not clear) I meant that there are claims that interpret complicated/complex feelings as jealousy.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
The park "date" does not mention jealousy.

(Just in case it was not clear) I meant that there are claims that interpret complicated/complex feelings as jealousy.

I figured that was what you were doing, given the mention of the hilarious 'jealous rebound kiss' narrative, just wanted to weigh in on the park part.

Last edited:

imach0c0

Pro Adventurer
As for Gongaga, nothing aligns with how Cloud expresses jealousy before or after that scene. All reads as a clumsy way to try and comfort her and he ends up getting both women upset with him.
What do you make of the argument that claims feelings of jealousy are canon to this scene as its in reference to the player option of "jealousy/envy" in OG?

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
What do you make of the argument that claims feelings of jealousy are canon to this scene as its in reference to the player option of "jealousy/envy" in OG?
Doesn’t really matter if it was an option in OG. Like many other options, it can easily have been removed and I strongly believe it’s been ignored.

Similar to the ability for Cloud to call Tifa his girlfriend in Remake, it got removed because it doesn’t align with the story properly.

Top Bottom