Votes: 96 88.9%
  • Dead

Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
My avatar has Aerith mishandling weilding a gunblade and a disgruntled Lightning. I pity the avatar that thinks they could go against them.

Also, I'm a Clerith according to Q's quiz.
2dmilvd.jpg

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Also, I'm a Clerith according to Q's quiz.
2dmilvd.jpg

Apparently so am I. :loopy:

This would have been good to know, oh, 13 years ago or so. Would have made the game so much more interesting. **sigh**

Gotta go change my avatar and signature now...

**grumble**

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
aww and you changed your avatar and everything XD

EDIT
THERE! There's a Zack option, is everyone fucking happy? :(

Last edited:

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
No. I want Barret, Yuffie, Squall, Reno, Sephiroth, and Rufus options, damn it!

And Terra.

And... actually, can I just have a Cloud Is A Bicycle option?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
What are some other optional scenes that have a canon ending?... besides Yuffie and Vincent, seeing Lucrecia's ghost I guess.

As far as what's included in FFVII's story summary from the U20 Scenario goes:
-Aerith and Tifa reacting in shock and running out of Zack's parents' house
-Vincent joining
-Yuffie joining
-Wutai sidequest
-Seeing Gast and Ifalna's videos at Icicle Inn
-Zack flashback
-Seeing Lucrecia
-Visiting the Gelnika and encountering the Turks
-Bugenhagen's death

Examples of its treatment of "optional events as canon" for other games:
(FFVI)
-Shadow's dreams
-Recruting Mog in the World of Balance
-Reuniting all of the Returners in the World of Ruin (so, basically, a quarter of the game)
-Recruting Umaro and Gogo
-Dream Stooges
-Gau meeting his father
-Hidon
-Odin
-Deathgaze
-Making sure Shadow survives all the way to the ending

(FFX)
-Stuff involving Belgemine
-Exploring the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth and battling Lady Ginnem
-Getting Anima and revisiting the various fayth in their temples toward the end of the game

(FFX-2)
-Most of the events in this game; they're referred to as part of their respective locations' stories (e.g. "Mt. Gagazet's story")
-Though it acknowledges the ending where Tidus returns as optional, it still seems to treat it as the way things should go down, referring to the choices critical to making it happen as "preparations for the ending" and also making reference to the 100% completion rating; as well, when talking about the completion rating at the beginning of the story summary, it says "This represents how much of FFX-2's full story one has experienced, and has an influence on the contents of some events and the ending" (これは、『FFX-2』全体の物語をどれだけ体験したかを表すもので、一部のイベントやエンディングの内容に影響を与えるのだ)

Taking sides isn't something the U20's story summaries are unwilling to do where optional events are concerned. It doesn't do it every time, but it does it often enough, as with the high affection Highwind scene.

What about if Corel is destroyed again or not?

The U20 Scenario didn't take sides there. It just says that the team gives Shin-Ra shit at Corel and Fort Condor. The most information related to the events in Corel at this part of the game is a screenshot caption that says, "Riding Corel's coal train, Cid's team chases the Shin-Ra" (コレルの炭坑列車に乗り、シドたちは先行する神羅を追う).

There is no good or bad guy in this. I'm just saying that all of the involved parties don't look too good. I think my earlier "jerkass bigot" comment worked just fine describing it.

As Squall said during his game when talking about the LTD way back in 1999, "There's no good or bad side. Just 2 sides holding different views."

Or maybe he was making a philosophical statement about warfare in general. :awesome:

EDIT:
okay guys I made a new one, can you please take the new one? I tried really hard and I think it's a lot more accurate:
http://quizilla.teennick.com/quizzes/16186006/clerith-or-cloti-take-2

I keep taking it, but I just can't seem to make it determine that I'm a Clerith.

Even with the Low Affection, though, I don't think it's a giant hole in the continuity.

This is mostly because a lot of these quotes in the Ultimana's still reference the differences in affection, so I don't think they are ruling it out. They know people who played the original game came to their own conclusions about it and they found a way to bridge the gap with CoT by leading into the relationship in such a way you could believe it regardless of the path you took.

The low affection scene gets two specific mentions, the others, even talking about the high affection, make mention that if anything happens it only happens in that scenario. In any case it's brought up in almost every mention of the Highwind scene.

I think that all of the quotes are referring to the high affection version of the scene -- even the ones that just say Cloud and Tifa communicated their feelings, absent any reference to a specific version of the scene.

Cloud communicates next to nothing in the low affection version of the scene, and definitely doesn't talk about his feelings. The high version is the only one in which both characters communicate feelings.

As well, the quotes that mention they confirm their feelings to match don't always preface it with "If the affection rating is high." Note particularly the line on pg. 198 of the UO about "mutual feelings," the line on pg. 118 (120 in the Revised Edition) of the 10th AU about revealing their feelings for each other and confirming them to match, the almost identical line on pg. 232 of the U20 Scenario, and then, of course, the line on pg. 394/the "For the One I Love" page of the U20 Scenario which outright states that Cloud and Tifa confirmed their feelings to be the same, and did so without using words.

In the case of that last one, on the same page, it had made reference to the player's choices affecting the date scene, but no such qualifier was provided regarding the Highwind scene. It unambiguously stated how things went down right there.

Zee said:
I don't see how that's ruling it out if they continue to acknowledge it.

They acknowledge its existence, though always in the context of being an option available to the players. When describing the story from an in-universe perspective, however, they always go with the high affection version and don't even mention that the low affection version exists or that it's an option available to the player.

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
FAIRHEARTSTRIFE? A CLERITH? *dies of laughing* Now THAT is crazy. My whole world is changing! But at least... we can be Clerith together. :awesome:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Together we can bask in the pink glow of epic true love...

Is it Clerithy of me that I gagged a little just now?

EDIT
THERE! There's a Zack option, is everyone fucking happy? :(
I'm still rather depressed actually but it's not your fault.

:shifty: @ second quiz

You should make a real one though, with some of the psychological stuff we've discussed in these threads about the kind of person who sees Cloti or Clerith. It could actually be an interesting project if done right. Unless you were really careful you wouldn't be able to quite tell which answer gave what result.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
where is my Cloud x his right hand option

it's canon, guys.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
what about when Cloud cheats on his right hand with his left hand?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Does anyone remember the good old days when they didn't need to put "Do not attempt" on such fuckery in commercials?

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
I miss those days. I live next to a bar, and my Saturday night entertainment is less entertaining than it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom