Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
The medieval lightsaber stole it for me. :O

hqdefault.jpg

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
So, like Tets pointed out, the scene of the pilot and the X-Wings flying over the water was fucking amazing.

Unfortunately, that was really the only moment that did… well ANYTHING for me.

Everything else was a bunch of disconnected scenes of random things that I don't have any context for, so they didn't evoke any sort of nostalgia or emotional interest, between black cuts that were WAY too long, followed by some very (needlessly) camera-twisty footage of the Millennium Falcon. The primitive-looking cross-hilted lightsaber was pretty rad, though.

Don't get me wrong - I'm excited, but I wish that everything had been more coherent and a bit more like the scene with the X-Wings. For an 88 second teaser, at least 30 seconds of it is blackness, still background, or the film's title.

X :neo:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Maybe a coherent title will be released later. I just hope we know who the fuck are the main folks before the start of the year. :(

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
By my saying of who, I mean their names. I know little to nothing about them, but that sith with a medieval saber is amazing!

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Pretty cool trailer. Doesn't really show much, but thats not a surprise considering the movie is still over a year away.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah I'm going to go on record in saying the cross-guard is kinda dumb and dangerous, but only slightly more so than Maul's staff hilt. Still, if there's a lore reason why it looks different and goofy, I'll be fine with it. I can try and suspend my disbelief for it.

New trooper design looks alright in motion. In fact, most of the new mechanical designs look alright in motion, or at least in the spirit of Star Wars (though the ball and head droid seems definitely in the Ralph McQuarrie territory)

I'm hoping the cutting isn't as quick in the actual film as they are in the trailers :monster: The classic space opera doesn't need to be a whizz-bang of quick-cutting action, and I hope they give the camera the time and pace that Star Wars benefits from.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
it look like asscreed on that bit

also maybe the blade looks funny because of all the snowflakes presumably evaporating when they hit it?

I dunno if I'm excited for this

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Well if they bring 3PO and R2D2 back for the ride then I'm game.

I'm curious if it's still about storm troopers vs. rebels again or will a new enemy arise from this movie.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
The crossguard actually does serve a practical purpose. If this guy gets in a bind with his opponent, something quite common in actual swordfighting, then he could execute a strike using the crossguard to his opponents head from the blade locked position, depending on the way the sabers are positioned. I sincerely hope they use that idea in this movie.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
TBH the original lightsabers are the only swords I know of that have no crossguard whatsoever, and since they seem to behave just like regular metal swords I'm sure it's easy to just cut off hands in a real fight :monster:. The crossguard design on that one fails too, since the opponent's lazar will just cut into the metal and disable it.

Also it's gonna be faster action than the previous movies, because it's been ten years since the last ones (or something like that?) and Abrams upped the action from the previous Star Wars movie, too. Ergo, action.

At least there's no lens flare, :monster:. Yet. I'm sure there will be a lens flare'd parody trailer soon, if there isn't one already. That, or long fade-outs are the new lens flare :monster:

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
TBH the original lightsabers are the only swords I know of that have no crossguard whatsoever, and since they seem to behave just like regular metal swords I'm sure it's easy to just cut off hands in a real fight :monster:. The crossguard design on that one fails too, since the opponent's lazar will just cut into the metal and disable it.

Also it's gonna be faster action than the previous movies, because it's been ten years since the last ones (or something like that?) and Abrams upped the action from the previous Star Wars movie, too. Ergo, action.

At least there's no lens flare, :monster:. Yet. I'm sure there will be a lens flare'd parody trailer soon, if there isn't one already. That, or long fade-outs are the new lens flare :monster:

I didn't say use the crossguard to block. When the blades themselves are locked he can shove the hilt towards his opponents face and strike with the crossguard, using the point where the blades are crossed as a lever point.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
The main blade also fires out almost immediately, especially compared to the usual extension of a lightsaber. That plus the unstable appearance of the blade kinda makes it feel like it was built more primitively, and the crosshilt almost seems like it's a way to burn off some of the excess energy.

X :neo:

Ghost X

Interesting teaser. I think most of my interest and excitement comes in having a bias toward the franchise though. I'm waiting for a proper trailer :P.

Top Bottom