Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster [PS3/PS4/Vita]

AvecAloes

Donator
Would they even have been able to do that? That seems more like a physics engine thing than a character render thing, but I'm just talking out of my ass here, really.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
598656_10151372914522775_2006059999_n.jpg

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
You know, there are things I like about it and things I don't.

I don't like how much brighter and cleaner it looks for one thing -- I kind of associate a certain degree of grittiness with Spira, for a number of reasons. I don't like that in the comparison shot we just saw, you can see Auron's eyes when you originally couldn't (please don't let that be a regular thing). Don't like Lulu looking more cheerful. Don't like everyone looking younger. I don't even like the different color of Auron's sake jug and the different way his sleeve hangs for some reason -- it just looked stiffer, more weatherworn and ragged before.

I do like the overall improvement in the separation of the clothing and jewelry textures from the skin textures. The more realistic mouth corners. And stuff like the more detailed fur on Lulu's dress. And definitely the improved cleavage line.

Last edited:

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I hope they make the first match against the Luca Goers much easier, because that was the one part of the game that I had trouble on to the point of frustration.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Any way you put it, SE is putting a lot more effort into this than I was expecting them to.

I don't really know if that is a pleasant surprise or just pessimism.

I hope they make the first match against the Luca Goers much easier, because that was the one part of the game that I had trouble on to the point of frustration.

I guess for curiosity's sake it would be nice, but I always felt like it fit the story better to have the Aurochs lose.

Fangu

Great Old One
@ Tidus closeup: Why did they leave out his teeth? That is one of the things that distinguishes him imo. His expression just isn't... right.

Nah this isn't good enough YET. It's really going somewhere but I'm not completely happy.

Wakka looks good though. I like how I now actually pay attention to the details on his outfit.

Jiro

Average Jiro
I am sad that Tidus' hair no longer looks like creamy fettuccine. Does he look less tanned to anyone else? Not that it's a major issue, but w/e. Auron's cloak is a weird orange rather than red in that comparison shot which I take issue with.

Everybody's teeth are gone too. Kind of weird, but I think it probably makes more sense like this; they no longer have a strange half-smile. At least Tidus is less likely to look like this now though:

tumblr_m4zjabFmxI1qj23h3.png

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I want to see if they get rid of the horrible jittering motions of their heads when they talk. It was like everybody was seizuring and it was very distracting.

I'm sure they did, as it looked like a processor issue, but then again...unnecessary FFVI and Chrono Trigger loading times on the PS1. I'm still bitter.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I guess for curiosity's sake it would be nice, but I always felt like it fit the story better to have the Aurochs lose.

Fushururu...FUNNY, I-ALWAYS-FELT-FIR-THE-STORY-BETTER-TO-HAVE-THEM-WIN, WHICH-IS-WHY-I-STUBBORNLY-REFUSE-TO-LET-THEM-LOSE-TO-LET-THEM-LOSE-WHENEVER-I-PLAY-THE-GAME. I-DON'T-CARE-ABOUT-THE-ITEM, JUST-THE-SATISFACTION-OF-THE-AUROCH'S-ACHIEVING-THEIR-GOAL.

Lex

Administrator
Trailer leak.

Also, I'm going to buy all 3 version if they have a hard copy. I just hope saves are transferable between the two, that would be win.

EDIT: Price surfaces on Amazon US @ $39.99

So if that's right it'll be about £25 here in the UK. Bargain IMO. Hopefully X and X-2 released individually for the Vita are released in a bundle so I can get all 3 for £50. Mmmmmmmmm.

Last edited:

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
Yeah I will be buying all of the versions as well, I have a feeling the PS3 version will be around £30, £25 will be brilliant though,

I'm hoping that the Vita will be hard copies rather than digital as I love my game cases.

Jiro

Average Jiro
I am a little embarrassed by how much my heart rate accelerated when I heard that small clip of Real Emotion. I friggin' love X-2 way more than I think is legal.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
You're not the only one so don't worry there, myself and Lex were both talking about this last night, and we both enjoyed X-2 and I are looking forward to playing it again and they will have trophies. My year has been made.

Also English Trailer:

I'm also really looking forward to seeing the Macalania scene in HD as well as the assault on Bevelle. My two favorite scenes in the game :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I wasn't planning on getting this, but now...I don't know. This looks really good. FFX-2 is gonna have more stuff too. And I actually liked X-2, unlike many others. WHAT SHOULD I DO.

Wait, first I wanna know if they fix the horrible lip-synching.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Wait, first I wanna know if they fix the horrible lip-synching.

I'm hoping for this too. I'll buy it anyway, but at this point it's looking like they might actually do this. They've updated a lot, so here's hoping :D.

Top Bottom