Pomingham Palace (KupoCon London 2018)

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Oh shit, well I can follow Alan to Dublin for a night, hit up Sledged's place, then get back to Crash and then Joe for a couple nights, and then Octo, then Mage, and then.... :awesome:

Edit: Oh Alan, I had to obliterate a fucking huuge spider in my room a couple nights ago. First attempt had failed, I literally gave a little shriek.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
It occurred to me earlier that I was telling Lex if I had time, I'd make Great Gospel to bring to KupoCon. I meant Princess Guard. I think I was cooking at the time, or just finished in the kitchen. :wacky:
Ahem.

I am fucking excited as fuck for this now, I need to get a new phone for my amazing shiny new phone case. <3

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
OKAY SO

This event is like five months away now. Er.... minus a day? Anyways it's technically not all that far away so I'm going to ask everyone here.

Who is planning on going?
I know a lot of you are but idk about everyone who was initially interested and such? And of course we know Octo is going so I'm preemptively saying it in case she says 'no'. :wacky:

Where is everyone planning to stay at?
I've personally just been looking at The Royal National Hotel (where KC takes place) and the Holidy Inn because Joe and Lex said it was good. I think it's possible for me to stay there if I split the costs. I'm currently for sure rooming with Ami (bless her for approaching me yesterday, I was in a bind <3).
But, I'm not sure how long you'll be staying, Ami? I'm planning to be there for 10 nights if possible, but I realize that most of TLS won't be there for 10 nights except Kimble. So splitting room costs for part of the time will definitely help but I'm still worried about the rest of the time I'm there when everyone else has gone home. I feel like that's a twat-ish thing to say though because it's like I'm begging for someone to stay longer or something. ._.
ANYWAYS Holiday Inn looks nicer of the two and I can potentially afford it so, that'd be my first pick. Royal National if money is an issue. :monster:

How long are people planning to be there this time?
I think Joe, Lex, and Ami have all said they're aiming to be there longer this time, potentially even a week (correct me if I'm wrong though). I really hope more of you guys can stay there longer too this time if possible. <3

What (besides KupoCon) should we do? :monster:
KupoCon is only for one day folks. If some people are staying longer, would it be possible to do some sightseeing in London or the nearby countryside even? I'm kinda asking this as a personal request but only if people actually want to do something like that. I've never been outta the country before and while I'm there, if I could see some sights while not being by myself, that would be grand. I think it'd be fun too and a real hoot to do some exploring with the TLS crew <3 I'm hoping that since the crew that went to Windermere/Lakes had such fun chilling and adventuring that they'd be willing to do it again. :awesome:
I'm hoping for a bit of a mix, I would love to just chill out with everyone in one location all day, and I'd also love to take a day or two to check out some sights with anyone who's interested. ^_^ At least to build my confidence for the last few days when most everyone will be back to their homes and I'll still be in the city.
And please take me to some pubs, I need to experience this. :closedmonster:

I've got a few other tentative ideas for when the group disperses and what I can do while over there, one of them being checking out Northern Ireland for a day, but I'll have to wait and see about finances before I try fitting that in.

So come on now guys, let's get to planning! :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'll be there. Money's tight at the moment so I haven't looked at flights or hotels but that problem should be resolved soon. I'd like to be there longer too, so a week sounds good. I'll be staying at the cheapest place possible and I'm happy to share with anybody, including strangers (e.g. at a hostel). Also, I'll probably stay with my parents for some of the trip – they're half an hour from central London by train. You guys could come visit me. :monster:

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
I'm coming but I'll be staying with my sister in London cos I can't afford hotels and that and she lives there (her and my brother are coming again too) and I can be around before and after for as long as other people are, probably, cos I don't have anything in my life that resembles a responsibility :monster:
Yeah we'll need to do some chilling and you need to visit a few different pubs and see how we do casual alcoholism over here and then like, if there are ANY sights you know of in London everything is shit easy to get to cos of the tube and that so like whatever you fancy visiting, man.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I'm coming and depending on the work situation and childcare, can probably do a couple of days. Mithering over driving down or taking the train but definitely coming (giggity).

RedFFWolf

Donator
Planning for PMP is coming along well, thank you. We're on schedule for what needs to be arranged at this time. Volunteer applications will open next month, loot currently being ordered will cover PMP. And closer to the time, we'll hire our security among other facets like sound setup, for example.

Oh, right... :wacky:
(I know, I know, I'm sorry :P)

I do plan on staying around longer this time, even if just a day earlier than last year and a day after the event. So, I could be around London for 6 days.

@Flare - If you're going to go to Northern Ireland, then you may as well be visiting any part of Ireland itself, then :O - Transport might not be the cheapest, but I could totally bring you around a place or two, for sure, stay over one night somewhere to see other places you'd be interested in, if so!

Fangu

Great Old One
The Weekend, shopping, drinking beer :monster:

#notkupocon2018

Edit: To anyone who doesn't know what #notkupocon2018 is, it's a hashtag invented by people on Discord who were to slow to get a ticket. And so we'll be sitting in the pub nextdoors feeling sorry for ourselves until we get Alan to smuggle us into the evening thing :monster:

Last edited:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I think I've confirmed I'm going about 1337 times. :monster:

It'll either be the Royal National Hotel or the Holiday Inn two minutes away from the former. As I've mentioned in Discord, I'm happy to pair up with Flare and Octo in a hotel room - maybe even more people <3

To answer Flare, I'm planning to stay Thursday 1st February to Sunday 4th February. Unfortunately, I can't stay any longer due to all my work holidays being booked up. I'd definitely be up for the Holiday Inn rather than the Royal National tbh because it was easily the worst sleep I've ever had in a hotel </3

I've been around London before with Carlie and Marcus a few years ago, but I'm definitely up for it. We took the Tube to Piccadilly Circus and walked all day from there if that helps? ^_^

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I think I've confirmed I'm going about 1337 times. :monster:

It'll either be the Royal National Hotel or the Holiday Inn two minutes away from the former. As I've mentioned in Discord, I'm happy to pair up with Flare and Octo in a hotel room - maybe even more people <3

To answer Flare, I'm planning to stay Thursday 1st February to Sunday 4th February. Unfortunately, I can't stay any longer due to all my work holidays being booked up. I'd definitely be up for the Holiday Inn rather than the Royal National tbh because it was easily the worst sleep I've ever had in a hotel </3

I've been around London before with Carlie and Marcus a few years ago, but I'm definitely up for it. We took the Tube to Piccadilly Circus and walked all day from there if that helps? ^_^

Can confirm that both toilet and sink are A1 to vom in! 10/10 would hurl again. :monster:

I'm happy to stay at the Royal National, I've stayed in worse places and it means I can fanny about at my leisure or until someone yells at me.
Flare if you want to hit up Brum on your travels I can do a sightseeing expedition, it's only two hours or so from London on the train.

Also #notkupocon2018, I'm only in thanks to Red. <3 I was at work when the tickets were released.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I wanna go but there's still that uncertainty of having money/time when the time comes.

And not having a ticket :monster:

Fangu

Great Old One
And not having a ticket :monster:
#notkupocon2018 dude

Just get there and the daytime* ticket thing will sort itself out, if not, we'll find some alternative activity and join the guys for lunch :monster:

* as for the evening event Alan said he'd get us in, and that's when the quiz and conga happens

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I'm coming but I'll be staying with my sister in London cos I can't afford hotels and that and she lives there (her and my brother are coming again too) and I can be around before and after for as long as other people are, probably, cos I don't have anything in my life that resembles a responsibility :monster:
Yeah we'll need to do some chilling and you need to visit a few different pubs and see how we do casual alcoholism over here and then like, if there are ANY sights you know of in London everything is shit easy to get to cos of the tube and that so like whatever you fancy visiting, man.

Yasss I hope you'll be there the whole time, I wanna meet you and hang out <3 Really looking forward to it. :D
I plan to look around and ask more people (anyone here can chime in too) about if there's anything that's like a 'must-see' in London itself. If anyone can stomach taking me around to such places and some pubs, please do so :awesome: Maybe before the end of the trip I'll be used to big cities?
So long as ya'll can stomach me being a total noob on tubes and shit and waving my oyster card around like I know fuck all about it :reptar:

@Flare - If you're going to go to Northern Ireland, then you may as well be visiting any part of Ireland itself, then :O - Transport might not be the cheapest, but I could totally bring you around a place or two, for sure, stay over one night somewhere to see other places you'd be interested in, if so!

All depends on money, as of right now just staying in London is like a miracle. ^_^ But if it is possible, I would love to come up to see you and Sledged, visit for a bit and have ya show me around and then do a dance off with Sledged and drink her rum for her <3

Flare if you want to hit up Brum on your travels I can do a sightseeing expedition, it's only two hours or so from London on the train.

I'd be open to hitting up anywhere tbh, everywhere will be new to me so like, if you or more of ya wanted to take me to another location outside of London for the day I'd looooove that <3 And I'm totally open to outdoors hiking if there were a bit of walking involved ;)

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I've only been to a few touristy places in London, and all of them were heavily influenced by my being with my (much older than me) family. So all I know is the Tower, Madame Tussaud's, the Globe, stuff like that.

btw we should be skipping the changing of the guard because it's boring as fuck :P

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I kind of want to see the clock tower on the Palace of Westminster just because I drew that fucking thing last year and it was pretty intense :monster:

And I couldn't care less about watching some guards walk around so, don't worry 'bout that. Unless changing of the guard meant they were changing outta there clothes or something, and in that case, only if they looked tasty enough :monster:

Top Bottom