Pomingham Palace (KupoCon London 2018)

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I'll be attending #notKupocon2018 like as not :monster: Day drinking will be done

I'm looking forward to seeing you folks again, it'll make the absolute mayhem that is my work place from January to March bearable.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
I kind of want to see the clock tower on the Palace of Westminster just because I drew that fucking thing last year and it was pretty intense :monster:
Do ya mean Big Ben??? Cos if so you can look at it but they've turned his bingbongs off and it is, so I hear, a TRAVESTY, like just a heads up.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
OFC you can always wind up little Englanders by pointing at it and going 'ooh isn't that what they've renamed Massive Mohammed? Wasn't it called Big Ben or some shit like that?' :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I kind of want to see the clock tower on the Palace of Westminster just because I drew that fucking thing last year and it was pretty intense :monster:
Do ya mean Big Ben??? Cos if so you can look at it but they've turned his bingbongs off and it is, so I hear, a TRAVESTY, like just a heads up.

Yeah that! Well I really don't care if it dingdongs, it's just got some gorgeous architecture <3
I didn't want to call it Big Ben because I hear that's just s'posed to be the name of the actual bell and not the building so :kermit: Palace of Westminster sounded more majestic.

OFC you can always wind up little Englanders by pointing at it and going 'ooh isn't that what they've renamed Massive Mohammed? Wasn't it called Big Ben or some shit like that?' :monster:

That's pretty tempting but then I'd probably be stereotyped as some stupid tourist and wind up in a pub brawl or... wait :monster:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Stonehenge was neat but it sucks that we couldn't touch it thanks to dickheads stealing pieces and whatnot. Exeter Cathedral was also interesting.

RedFFWolf

Donator
So that's what that #notkupocon2018 thing means. I shan't comment :lol:

Anyway, you bunch o' hooligans, I'm sort of retreating back into my lurking, not-posting-but-for-birthday-threads and addressing other messages, which I seem to do every few weeks, but I wanted to let you know during Azzavhar's stream with Alex tomorrow, Alex will be giving away some tickets for this event. Link somewhat - so, why not? Like, I still have tickets for the day, but ye may as well get what might likely be better ones and whatnot :)

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
All you attendees of Kupocon and #NotKupocon I need your full attention. :monster:

We've been discussing on Discord the idea of renting a nice big flat in London for the duration of Kupocon. Somewhere with plenty of bedrooms for all of us and a living area where we can drink, play games, chat shit and just generally hangout. It's more or less going to happen but I need numbers of everybody who's interested so we can find a decent sized place and figure out costs etc.

Here are some examples of places we've looked at. We may well need bigger places than this.

If you're for sure down for this, regardless of the duration of your Kupocon/NotKupocon adventure, please post here along with the duration or dates you intend to stay in London. Some people will be around a week and I'm sure some only a couple of days. We want to accommodate everyone regardless, and you won't be made to pay for 7 days if you're only there 2. :P

So far the 'sure thing' list is as follows. Will update as people confirm their interest and dates:
Joe
Lex
Flint
Kimble
Minato
Flare
Ami
Yop

Fangu

Great Old One
idk... while I think the idea is awesome and if it's something you guys want to do you should definitely do it, part of what makes me want to go to LDN for KupoCon is because I'd be able to have my own room to retire to whenif I suffer exhaust. Dunno if it's me getting old or what, but I'm not much of a shacking up with others type of person (anymore). For me, if everyone else but me ends up sharing a flat, that would most likely mean I wouldn't be going.

But, majority, money, etc. I think you should go for it and you will deffo have the most amazing of times :joy:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I'm not convinced we'll find a place big enough to accommodate all of us at a reasonable price (this is the same problem I had organising Windermere). However, I'm flexible and down for renting a place or booking a hotel room, whichever it turns out to be. Fangu you won't be on your own unless you want to be, you were bloody missed in Cumbria and I don't mind getting a hotel room if it means you're comfortable with coming.

Lex

Administrator
For the record Fangu (and anyone who is staying in a hotel) I recommend the Holiday Inn Express me and Joe stayed at last year, it's a bit nicer than the National and it's the same price/ slightly cheaper (and just as close). If we can't find an apartment I'll definitely be staying there again I think :monster:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
So the Pomathon (Brum event) is being held at the Holiday Inn and Conference Centre from what I gather (sorry, I can't sit through an hour of Nerdstrodamus). DOES THIS MEAN that the film screening will be at the Electric? If so I wholeheartedly approve, it's a fab venue. My suspicions are that it won't be big enough though, so I'm looking at one of the theatres since there are several in the walking locale.

RedFFWolf

Donator
^If the film screening goes ahead (which, basically, ought to under normal circumstances), then yes it will be the Electric :)

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Ok so lets put an end to the worst kept secret, I'm going to this.
tumblr_locpn7zihu1qmfwkso1_500.gif

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
OMG YES YES FUCK YES THIS IS THE BEST ARE YOU COSPLAYING BECAUSE I AM FUCK KNOWS WHY BUT I'M DOING IT YOU SHOULD TOO BREATHE MAGE BREATHE AAAAAAHHHHHHH IT'S ALL TOO MUCH NOW *thud*

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I've got the money to book flights and accommodation now. Has anyone decided on dates yet? KupoCon is on Saturday the 3rd of Feb, but are we gonna be hanging out in London the week before or after that? If there's nothing concrete then I'll split the difference and be there Wednesday to Wednesday or something.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Kimble and I will be there from the 1st of Feb til the 11th. We're staying for 10 nights. :) As far as I can tell, so far a few people are planning on KupoCon being at the beginning of their trip and staying for up to a week or more after that.

Top Bottom