Mobius Final Fantasy (formerly "Mevius Final Fantasy")

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
that's aphrodite, one of the ability card images. it's not particularly special as an ability card, i don't know the reasoning behind picking that specific image.

also, does the english version have mobius days 3 times a month? the japanese version only has it on the 8th (sometimes it lasts a few days in a row, though).

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
I believe the English version does, I only know for certain that the Korean one has it on every day with an eight in it :monster:

Yup, that's Aphrodite.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
My memory is shoddy when it comes to Mobius, but I don't recall hearing English dialogue from the FFVIIxMobius crossover before.

We only had the first episode recently given to us last year year. This is the second part. But both have been out in Japan for a long while, so I'm overly familiar with it. And as butter smooth as Newbern is, Sephiroth and Cloud monotoning at each other is not exactly entertaining.

Although I'm never going to get over how hillarious it is to see Sephiroth actually suckerpunch Cloud. Who needs a sword with a hook like that?

English FFVIIxMobius event "Fatal Calling", uploaded by BuffMaister.

- Part 1
- Part 2
- Part 3

...or you can watch all three parts in one long video.

The voice acting of Mobius remains awkward and not in a humorous way. While I watched parts 1 & 2 primarily in disinterest, something about part 3 awoke actual enjoyment. Could be that events picked up, the script improved, voice actors became easier to listen to (either due to the mere exposure effect or because the actual quality increased) or I'm just in a good mood. :wacky:

My favorite line by Cloud, at 16:20 in Part 3...
Who you calling "puppet"?
If the past is tying me down...
I'll cut the strings!
The banter between Cloud and WoL pays off here plus the full quote is badass.

In Part 2, Cloud "regains" his false memories of the Nibelheim event as he wanders Mt. Nibel. Fatal Calling never has Cloud realize that he was never in SOLDIER and he doesn't remember Zack at all.

There is an interesting quote from Cloud in Part 2, at 13:44.
I left the village to become a SOLDIER, that I know.
Then, five years later, I came back.

Interestingly, the timeline Cloud gives here of leaving Nibelheim five years before the incident with Sephiroth matches Zack's timeline, not Cloud's. Ten years before the original game, Zack left Gongaga to become SOLDIER. Cloud left Nibelheim seven years before the beginning of FFVII, two years before the incident.

Cloud getting the timeline this wrong is definitely something that was never intended for the original game's plot, but with the Mobius setting Nojima's hands are more free in the writing. I hope this is an intentional reference to Zack's timeline being recalled instead of Cloud's timeline.

In the Northern Cavern, in part 3, the player can use the Key(s) of the Ancients to move between levels. See 23:21 in the part 3 video.

DB7la2h.png

Neat interpretation of the Bottom of the Planet seen at the very end of Part 3, after the credits.

Last edited:

SomethingWithTheR

Rookie Adventurer
I like how smooth George Newbern sounds in this one. They even made him emote, but he emphasizes words way too strongly.

Bryce Papenbrook and Steve Burton were very bad, though. ._.

Post-OG Tifa Lockhart included in the JP version since March 16

DYUjO0LVAAEaZAH

DYUjt_bVoAEQrmU

Godo card is also included since the March 16 update. See card info here. I have not found a bigger pic of this card.

2787.jpg

EDIT: The event also includes the addition of even more FFVII cards.

fe4acb83ed174d8939f98e132e4c581d3d25b1ef.jpg
  
369c3d06f9e7eb3a2dddc5d5a13dd6a0d2d05678.jpg
  
f1de5afb0835749f73944538b27fc3e8651f044d.jpg
  

1c7aebb68c3fe63cc139463b99157f70a2add624.jpg
  
98157682264a636b56359df4bc9c485409dc94e8.jpg

Here are big versions of five of these cards, as captured from YouTube videos.

BJZRYRO.png

deacAB8.png

uJB89tK.png

E2XUxVi.png

dNW0OZb.png

2viM6H5.png

Last edited:
Radigar just alerted me to a super awesome update! There will be a Jenova event in Mobius from March 22 - March 26. Apart from cards for the Jenova forms, there is also a card for Jade Weapon!

669f2769dab5f453664f9c59c3747c0ac5804471.jpg

7d1c884b6d337cf302f1e153343e4b412327cc32.jpg
  
f60b40ee258a5620b1fd39042b6e9d2a004b97b5.jpg
  

8bee67eeb0769029f0feb385daa10d869b9f4ed7.jpg
  
7b2b5e0ebe1d86757df8080922f2f1e363c13ebb.jpg

45ee830b212b8305a41f99342539b6494ffc8cb7.jpg

Not only is it immense eye candy to see such awesome, official artwork for Jenova but also SO REFRESHING to have this reference to Before Crisis canon! Super thanks to Radigar for alerting me!

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I think this is the first time I've ever considered JENOVA to be scary, rather than just weird. There's some definite notes of H.R Giger's Alien and Species designs in these versions, especially JENOVA LIFE's very overtly "Female Body" elements.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
That's definitely the best model of Tifa. It's a shame they didn't do her original outfit as well. Mobius' lightning doesn't do it any favours, though.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i am trying to rush through the ffx event before it's gone because like an idiot i didn't start it at all until like two days before it's over.

also are they making a sequel. the news/update thing when it's installing data showed a mobius 2 or something but it closed before i got a chance to read it. i have not being keeping up with news about this beyond logging in to get bonuses

also i was hoping hoping to get the tifa card while doing the new job draw (gambler) but i got the gambler card before hitting the 8 draw limit anyway and i don't bother with card draws unless i have enough tickets to do 8 draws so you're guaranteed to get the new job. so i have to save up 48 tickets again and do the ffvii job draw instead :sadpanda:

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
It's not a sequel, it's a new battle system. Mobius 2.0

New battle system (Mobius 2.0) CTB

The new system for mobius will now be more like the CTB battle system from FF10, but not an exact carbon copy.
The old system was: WoL takes 7 turns, and then each enemy takes their turn, cycle and repeat.
The new system is: Enemies can cut-in anytime and act, depending on the action count.
An example is: say you have 8 actions, and the enemy has 5. You move 2 actions and the enemy moves once, this counts as 2 actions from you and one from the enemy. So you will have 6 turns left and the enemy has 4.
But what about if there's more than 1 enemy? Well the total number of turns of each enemy will be the total number of turns the enemies have in total, so say if 5 enemies can only move once, then they have 5 turns in total.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/87j6g9/mobiusff_jp_livestream_summary_for_26th_march/

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i got through the prologue and 3 episodes of the ffx before it ended, missing at least 1 episode and the epilogue? (idk if that was multiple stages) i meant to start a day or two earlier and i might have finished it all if i had :sadpanda:

it'll probably be repeated at some point based on the other collab events. the first ffvii has been run like 3 times now. then i will definitely try to start it at least 4 days before it ends

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
47oSJq5.jpg

echo dressed as tifa (going to be given as a gift to players at the end of april to coincide with the release of the next part of mobius)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i just realised, literally right now, that the initials for the ffvii collab events ('eclipse contact' and 'fatal calling') are 'ec' and 'fc'

which makes them follow on from ac, bc, cc, and dc

mind blown at this trifling revelation

Top Bottom