• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

2015 TLS Awards Results!

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
By the way, thanks guys for the cheering on of Joe and I. It's so sweet. :awesome: And I don't mind a bit of pushiness, I find it amusing. Maybe it'll make things happen faster. :D
to reiterate...

me said:
-falre you ebst do right by my hoenstmboy joe ior we'eer gonina ahve t ofight

:oscar:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
So I came in to wish you all a happy New year and then take my leave then saw I'd completely missed the awards so I had a little nosy at who won what and found out that you all missed me awwwwwwwww, well have a happy New year everyone and sorry I can't stick around but congrats to all the winners <3

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
You didn't give me nips ;)

71co3Q%2B06DL._SL1500_.jpg

RedFFWolf

Donator
FLOE WILL BECOME ALL THREADS. SO IT IS WRITTEN SO IT SHALL BE.

Good ^_^

Perhaps you guys aren't being pushy enough :huh:. Also don't worry Red, you and I can still hang out when your flight arrives in Landan :awesome:

I missed that flight. But I can save up for another one...the currency is in some form of persuasion points

Perhaps we could hold an unofficial poll on a Best Eyes award? Either way we oughta note down to include it in next year's awards given the participation and interest :)

Even taking away the idea of polls and whatnot, it's actually a nice standalone thread to keep going :) - A rename of the title perhaps, and it's like a branch of the Member Picture thread (or maybe there's no need to differentiate).

Anyway, there are beautiful eyes to gaze upon, gateways to the soul, and it deserved some more viewing :awesome:

Lex

Administrator
I don't recall seeing any Avec nips.

Flint was drunk when he wrote this

can attest as am drunk now

So I came in to wish you all a happy New year and then take my leave then saw I'd completely missed the awards so I had a little nosy at who won what and found out that you all missed me awwwwwwwww, well have a happy New year everyone and sorry I can't stick around but congrats to all the winners <3

COME BACK TO ME IRISH LADEH

12036512_1169729959710558_4151554156245058909_n.jpg

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
You didn't give me nips ;)
You described the order of operations as being give, then get (from your point of view), not the other way round. :P

And somehow you always seem so irked when you win Most Pedantic :monster:
Not as irked as when I think I might have missed out on nips. :monster:

What actually bothers me about getting the award is that most people don't seem to distinguish between paying attention to details and wanting to do things correctly (which is what I always try to do) and nit-picking for the sake of it, to prove superior knowledge or whatever (which I dislike as much as anyone else here). I'm not saying this is a good example of the former, but I used to do the latter when I was a teenager and I soon discovered it's a good way of losing friends, so I'm well aware of the difference.

Having said that, I don't have many friends now. Um... That's probably unrelated. :closedmonster:

Lex

Administrator
pahahaha pedantry in the post about pedantry

I love Flintlock so much just for reasons like this <3

(Be aware that nobody thinks you're being a dick)

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I noticed there's not much of a distinction between needlessly pointing out flaws, genuinely constructive criticism and simple attention to detail, as not everyone has the same notions of what's worth pointing out for potential analysis/improvement and what's not, which probably muddles what people really mean when they refer to something as nitpicking or being pedantic. The way I usually hear the term pedantic being used, I've come to associate it more with discussing details not everyone cares about as a simple matter of differing priorities or interest than truly nitpicking, which is apparently supposed to be its synonym.

Here in particular, being pedantic doesn't seem to be treated as particularly negative so much as noting someone's attention to detail in a relatively neutral manner so I don't see any reason to be bothered by it, especially in a forum where discussions involving careful analysis of minor details because it's fun, informative and interesting is something that happens with relative frequency.

Last edited:

AvecAloes

Donator
But anyway, a couple of the guys were right. They gave nips. I didn't. (Not that I remember, anyway, maybe I should check the Donator Section), but I suppose this can be remedied later.

Edit: debating whether to do it in the General Section or the Donator's Section. I don't really want to send individual people pictures, because I like to make things available to the masses (I do love sharing after all ;) ), but I also don't know if I need random 13 year olds coming across things, either. Although neither picture that I'm thinking of can be clearly linked to me since my face is mostly out of frame.

Also, why am I talking about this. Too much wine. Oh well.

Last edited:

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
@Flint: I think the reason you won the award was that people appreciate the specific, correct and particular way you go about things, which is in no way a negative thing as you don't do point out flaws and mistakes needlessly or nitpick. I think people are genuinely grateful that they can rely on you to pay attention to the finer details when they can't be bothered. Overall, I think it's definitely a positive title to have won, a sign of everyone's gratitude and respect :)

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Flint: Attentiveness is a virtue. It can come across as a touch school-teacherish ("I don't know CAN you go to the bathroom?") but I second Lex. Nobody here thinks less of you because of it. We see it as a sort of adorable character trait. Like Lex's heavy drinking, or my rampant debauchery. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
On that note, the fact that this forum thinks I'm a heavy drinker is hilarious to me because I'm known as the dude who drinks less than almost everyone else I know XD

Lex

Administrator
I'm not saying I don't drink a lot, just that I drink less than the other people I know. Like comparatively the average UK person is a total alcoholic to anyone living in North America. Swallowing copious amounts of alcohol is just a part of our culture :monster:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
just an fyi we are gonna see who outdrinks who when I fly over

THEN WE WILL SEE THE TRUE BEST DRUNK

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I'm not saying I don't drink a lot, just that I drink less than the other people I know. Like comparatively the average UK person is a total alcoholic to anyone living in North America. Swallowing copious amounts of alcohol is just a part of our culture :monster:

I'd love to see half my family get together with a group from the UK; they drink beer like fish breathe water, it'd be amusing to see who'd be standing last. :awesome:

What country are you from, anyway? It sounds like you need to fly to see everyone. XD

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Challenge. Accepted. :neo:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Top Bottom