30 Days of Final Fantasy (2019)

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
I need to go back and finish my last playthroughs of 9 & 12
I bought both on the same day then got sidetracked by Spiderman/god of war/kingdom hearts/apex/shiny things

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
I might replay 8 at some point purely because I can't remember if I ever beat the Omega Weapon and it annoys me that I might not have.
That's an unacceptable moral failing.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Day 10: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PS4)

I played that game in jp and the fan translation (btw, don't play that, it takes a tool on performance) on PSP, I want to pick up the game again for console (my main gaming device)

Whenever I get a strong gaming PC I want to play Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, mostly for the better performance and other PC perks like mods.

Another strong candidate is Final Fantasy VIII Remake.
Another add-on for day 10: Final Fantasy V replay, this time doing a "four job fiesta" challenge, I heard it's pretty fun to do.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Day 8 - Funniest FF Moment
Anytime Hidlibrand and Co. show up in FFXIV.

Day 9 - Character you hate the most
Zenos yae Galvus from FFXIV
So here's a guy who cares for nothing more then getting into satisfying fights with people. To the point that he teorrizes all his subordinates hoping they will present him with a challenge when they finally snap to purposly subjugating contries in the worst way possible so that they will rebel against him. And then he finally ends up fighting the WoL (your character) who finally gives him enough of a challenge that he lets you go so that you will be strong enough to hopefully give him the combat high he wants. He finally gets that by letting the Eorzean Alliance liberate Ala Mhigo from him so he can face off against you and then after you finally beat him, he commits suicide in front of you because he thinks he'll never get that high again. Oh, and the entire time he's seriously fighting you, he is telling you that you and him are the same because you've had to become really good at fighting over the years, so obviously you must like fighting just for the sake of it. To the point he says that you and him are friends. Needless to say, he likes playing headgames with people to get them to react to him. Yeah.

The cherry on top is that he doesn't fully die for certain reasons and goes on to posses the body of some random guy. He admits to himself that he was not planning on that happening, but that since he's not done yet, he might as well hunt you down so that he can fight you again because that was the only time he ever felt fulfilled. He also admits that if he was anyone else, this would be a second chance that he could use to atone for all the stuff he did in his previous life, but that he doesn't care about that. And to top everything else off... no one in the game knows that he actually survived. They all think he's properly dead.

Where he goes from here? Who knows...
I think what separates Zenos from other FF protagonists is how personal he gets with the Warrior of Light (some of the options you can pick have you agreeing with him about how he sees you). He also doesn't have any grand overarching plan or reason for why he wants to fight. He just fights because it makes him feel good and a lot of people (and nations) get devastated because of that. For Zenos, there is no other "higher purpose" behind him doing what he does other then "it feels good".

Which is why I can't stand him. Even characters like Sephirot or Ultimacia have some reason for why they do things other then just "it makes me feel good". And those are characters at the "they don't have a sympathetic reason for what they do" end of the scale. Most FF villains have way more understandable reasons for why they do what they do. Zenos was created by SE for the purpose of being a Hate Sink (in contrast to FFXIV's previous Big Bads who are a lot more reasonable and sympathetic for the most part) and boy, does it show.

Day 10 - FF game you are planning to play next
Currently I'm playing through FFXII, and loving it. The Gambit System is so fun to play with (from the pov of someone who knows basic computer programing concepts) and the quality of world-building that goes into Ivalice is great.

Technically, the next FF game I am playing is the next FFXIV expansion, Shadowbringers.

Other then that... I don't know which one I'll do next...

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Day 11.

One tank. One healer/white magic user. One black magic user. One DPS. If you could mix and match any character from all the FF titles to make up this dream party of four, who would make up your dream party and why?

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Oh, this is a fun one....

My Sentinel Tank: Snow Villiers, since the man can take a beating and just keeps ticking. He's the perfect sentinel. He falls off buildings, gets shot, and gets punched in the face and takes it with a smile. And look at his attitude; enemies can't help but WANT to punch him. He's perfect for the job! :desu:

I really wanna choose Fang for this role, but if I choose Fang then I gotta put Vanille on my team cause if I don't, Fang will just run away to find her or get super worried about her :mon:

My Medic White Mage: Terra, she's a badass former Magitek Knight, half-Esper warrior who knows healing magic AND black magic. And she can go Super Saiyan Rose Trance if push comes to shove and sling those spells like there's no tomorrow.

My Ravager Black Mage: Lightning. Fuck you, she's a Ravager, which means she's a Black Mage with teeth. She learns all mid-level Black Magic, she knows Thundaga, and for everything else, she just physically beats the shit out of you with her magic imbued physical attacks. She'll kick your face in and light you on fire at the same time. Sounds like a winner to me :mon:

...I was tempted to choose Shantotto but she doesn't play too well with others and might light everyone on fire, including her own team. :mon:

My Commando DPS: Cloud. Because he hits hard, fast, and knows how to cleave fuckers in two. Can't get much better than that. He also can take a beating and just keep fighting. He's gotten stabbed, impaled through the chest, slashed all over, shot, and finally exploded. Yet he still lives. So at least you know he won't need THAT much healing before he dies. :mon:

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Tank: Steiner (FFIX) cos he feels the most sturdy and reliable and unlikely to die on me than anyone else. He's like the quintessential tank, you know?
White Mage: Fran (FFXII) she's just too good! She can take care of herself, help you out killing shit AND keep everyone alive effortlessly AND look good doing it, what's not to love?!
Black Mage: Vivi (FFIX). I'm always hopeless at using any black magic normally cos like who has time for that?! But Vivi made me and he was SUCH a strong boy!
DPS: That's like your stabby stabby damage person, right? In that case, it's gotta be someone I love to button mash with, so either Zack (FFVIICC) or Noctis (FFXV) I guess. Yeah. Let's say Zack cos he fucked my thumb up something terrible and I'd let him do it again any day. Vaan and Zidane and lil Butz are all strong contenders though, tbh.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Well in the game he has the highest HP and second highest def stat in the game when you fully max his "mandatory route" in the Sphere Grid so Auron perfectly fits the Tank role (weird frankenstain Kimahri notwitstanding).

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well in the game he has the highest HP and second highest def stat in the game when you fully max his "mandatory route" in the Sphere Grid so Auron perfectly fits the Tank role (weird frankenstain Kimahri notwitstanding).

:stachepalm:

....It was a joke. Of course Auron's the obvious tank. That wasn't... The point at all... But thank you for the Sphere Grid reminder.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Tank: Snow, man can take a hit and keep coming back for more. Plus his haphazard cockiness is brilliant to see.

Healer: Fina from ffbe, she's a crackdhot archer as well as a top notch healer and her other half is a badass magic user so kind of a cheat character in that sense :P

Black mage: Lulu, she's a badass and can stun the enemy with her unique dress sense before singing their ball hair off with firaja spells :P

DPS: Cloud Strife - with a sword as big as his you better guess he knows how to swing it ;)

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
First has to be Tifa, because she's really the first attractive 3D woman they ever made.

Last is surely the same as current? That would have to be Aranea. She's easily the hottest woman who rides a magitek spear I've ever seen.

Top Bottom