30 Days of Final Fantasy (2019)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wow, that's an interesting question... Hmmm....

My first one... Probably Quistis Trepe. I loved her personality and look in FFVIII.

My last one? Well there are multiples.

I loved Jihl Naabat, Fang, Lightning, Sice and Seven. Oh, and Rem, she was a sweetheart.

And my current one? Oh that's easy.

She's the best. The most adorable. The cutest. The most hilarious and sexy to boot. Without question, I kept her in my party all the time, and even leveled her up to Level 99.

11tbi9c.png

My Undead Princess :mon:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
lmfao Auron is forever I love it

Last is surely the same as current?

It isn't, I reckon as is in the past. ? Last as in the crush you had before your current.

11tbi9c.png

My Undead Princess :mon:

What a cutie!!!

My first crush was Yuna, I reckon. It was all very superficial, lmao. She was in someone's signature or something on gaiaonline (back when I used to frequent the place). I saw her image and thought she was the prettiest thing ever and now that I'm saying this out loud, mayhaps part of the reason why I was so adverse to Tidus was because I was a widdle girl with a widdle crush and I wanted my rival destroyed. ??

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. I didn't know where Yuna was from. I only knew that I wanted to eat her face, then felt guilty for wanting to eat her face because I grew up in a religious household with a super homophobic parent LMAO. Then my brothers got FFX for our PlayStation 2.

X was the first FF game I ever played and the first JPRG I remember playing as a youngin and I was sorta overwhelmed by the aesthetics, so different from the cartoony racing games and DBZ beat-em-ups that my brothers would insist on getting for our single console up to that point. I remember seeing the cut-scene where we're introduced to Yuna for the first time and recognising her from the signature and feeling my heart pick up again. I wuved her. Tidus can die.

My last, it's hard to say. I want to say Tifa but I don't think that's actually true. LOL IDK MAN.

Current is Firion for similar, bullshit artificial reasons that lead to my infatuation with Yuna.

5F898EF1-467F-4D46-B106-ACB895F9A111.jpeg
and each time I'm like "Hmmm, my vagingle be a-tingle." HOWEVER, now that I'm playing FFII and am actually playing Firion, my little heart warms again with that familiar schoolgirl silliness.

Watch me hate his fucking guts as I progress with the story tho :mon:

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Impossible to choose between Triple Triad and Chocobo HotnCold.

Triple Triad is more inherently fun. But I like how much HotnCold is embedded into the larger game. It gives you that incentive to explore the world's most remote locations, and gives you access to new locations.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Favorite mini-game is Chocobo Racing, by far. In all its iterations, from FFVII, FFXIII-2, and FFXV.

Favorite Side Quest...

Well, that one is hard to say. I could evaluate that by the feeling of accomplishment and joy at succeeding said side quest... If that's the metric I were to use, I would say the Pitioss Dungeon of FFXV.

...However that was also the most hellish, frustrating, insane, and bizarre side quest I've ever seen in Final Fantasy. But at the same time, it's stuck with me and is one of the most memorable in all the series. So clearly it did something right, despite it's ridiculously difficult and jarring execution. It's stuck in my head as one of the most memorable and challenging extra side quests of Final Fantasy.

In terms of just over all enjoyment and just fun in general... I would have to say it would be taking down optional super-bosses. The more traditional side quests, of Final Fantasy.

Now it's especially hard to choose which one.

It's like a 5 way tie between FFVII's take down of Ruby and Emerald Weapon for the Kalm Traveler, The Deepsea Research Facility and Ultima Weapon from FFVIII, XIII-2's Gilgamesh in the Colosseum, the Last Ones quest and Erishkagal from Lightning Returns, and Solheim's Omega from FFXV.

Those optional bosses and their attached side quests were the most fun and challenging to me.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Day 13. I think my favourite is the hunts in FFXII, especially the really big rare ones you have to do certain things/have certain weather/conditions/whatever to have them spawn and then they're really big interesting fights with tricky dynamics that made me rethink my gambit setups WAY more than the storyline stuff ever did tbh not that I'm throwing shade at the story exactly. But yeah! I also spent a lot a lot of time fishing in FFXV.

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
Chocobo racing is my favorite mini-game, but riding the g-bike is pretty fun too.

For side quests, the weapons on FF7 aren’t necessarily fun but there’s a huge sense of accomplishment when you finally take them down. I also enjoyed the giant turtle fight in Final Fantasy XV, I think it took me 2 hours or so, but it was a lot of fun. Oh and crash reminded me of fishing on XV which I also really enjoyed. I almost always enjoy fishing on games.

Ghost X

Day 13. Mini-game? FFVII's battle arena. I just like having an arm tied behind my back. Side quest? FFXII's hunts. Bar Yiazmit. Endurance super bosses are just tedious.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Day 12: Aeris and Tifa are tied for first crush. Quistis immediately interested me, but her character was screwed most by the basketball revelation crap and she became totally unappealing imo. Beatrix and Agrias tho... mmm. I rarely have crushes on FF men but Zidane and Balthier are both so dashing ? It seems I like my men roguish and debonair, and my women no-nonsense leaders. Huh.

Day 13: Triple Triad for minigame although I’m not a fan of its quests. Fave side quest would be the Yuffie quest from FFVII, from meeting her to obtaining Leviathan.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Day 14. Ummmmmm right now this current moment it's "Let's mosey."

It cracks me up that Cid shouts at him for it and shit and I think it shows a good side of who Cloud is, right, like trying to do the right thing but ultimately being like a tad naff BUT still getting the job done at the end of the day. So. There are TONNES of great quotes though!

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Tie between these two quote before the final battle before their respective enemies.

Cloud:
Aerith's memories... Our memories... We came... to tell you... our memories... Come Planet! Show us your answer! And Sephiroth!! To the settling of everything!!

This quote sums up everything Cloud and the group are fighting for. With the last two lines speaking to the final settling of the score that is left to resolve between these two enemies. It's an emotional yet powerful call out for what could be the very last battle they'll ever fight.

Lightning:
You don't believe in anything. You gave up on life before you were even born. Sat poisoning Cocoon from the inside, waiting for someone to come and destroy you. Sure, you think the end of the world is salvation. All you care about is death's release. So take it, and leave the rest of us alone. We don't think like that. When we think there's no hope left, we keep looking until we find some. Maybe Cocoon is past saving, but it's our home. And we'll protect it or die trying! We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!

And then after the battle start, if Lightning's the party leader, she yells "Find your own road to hell!" at Orphan, which is just perfect.

And Lightning's delivery of this line was just. Perfect. It gave me goosebumps. Her voice actress just nailed the unwavering badass determination of the whole group and really captured the feel that they all just had it. They weren't afraid anymore and they were either going to shatter their destiny, or die trying with no regrets. Because they were done being pawns and doing the bidding of shitty gods with only death on their mind. It was an epic moment and just. Was perfect for what came afterwards with the fight.

Honorable Mentions.

Sephiroth: Good to see you, Cloud.

...The 'oh, shit' expression in Cloud's eye, the start of "One Winged Angel" playing, Sephiroth raising his head with a smirk while delivering this calm and disingenuously friendly greeting, makes this scene perfect. Cloud realizes just how far this fight has escalated and now.. Things just got complicated.

Cloud: What about THIS planet?!
Sephiroth: Well... That's up to you, Cloud.

...The cheeky little fucker basically just admits, it. 'Yes. The fate of the world's on you Cloud. You're the only one who can stop me. Can you?'

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away.
Cloud: There's not a thing I DON'T cherish!

And this line, where Cloud just refuses to let Sephiroth take anything else from him or anything is just perfect. Another simple, yet memorable line from Cloud that just nails it.

Lightning: Meow meow, choco chow....
Chocobo Girl: A-Ah! I'm sorry... I can't give you anymore fireworks, it's one per person...
Lightning: U-Ugh... I-I knew I shouldn't have said it...

...The lols had from this line were amazing. The shock of hearing her say that with her following embarrassment was wonderful. :mon:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Rufus Shinra: "The Nightmare returns... The Lifestream courses through our planet back and forth across the borders of life and death. If that cycle is the very truth of life, then history, too, will inevitably repeat itself. So go on; bring your Jenovas and your Sephiroths. It won't matter. We'll do as life dictates and stop you every single time."

Top Bottom