• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Aerith UGLY?!

Aerith is:

• Ugly

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Not ugly

Votes: 33 97.1%

• Total voters

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Her face looks weird, yes. I’ve been trying to convince myself otherwise but I can’t. Haha. She’s not ugly though and I still like the aesthetic of this game, including the strange small chin, large eyes, narrow nose business. Just look at the OG character art...from what we’ve seen in the trailers so far, the characters have been pretty accurate representations of that old school artwork down to the odd facial structure.

Or is it just me...?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
You can't please everyone........ Unless you're rockin a hot face like

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
When the faces are less outlined, the more difficult it is to give them more variable expressions...they are to bland for my taste.

And speaking about baby faces, we have Cloud as good example:

vlcsnap-2019-05-18-02h49m00s198 (2).png

Looks like somebody needs to change his diapers.

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
Yeah, but can take a bad screenshot of just about anyone.

Maybe that seemed a little bit harsh, that was not my intention...what I want to say is, what we see in this picture, is the result how they forced an emotion on a face that is not possible to render correctly because of not enough characteristics on said face.

Final Fantasy XV did a good job to balance between the aesthetics of beauty that is discerned in the series and still build faces that had enough character to give them a variety of emotions.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I always thought Aerith looked beautiful no matter what form. She's gorgeous in Advent Children(and her slight face-remodel in Advent Children Complete), in the CG in Crisis Core, and her new look in the Remake looks similar to the previous titles but still beautiful none the less.

Maybe Japan doesn't like how her hair looks, or her eyes, or maybe her outfit. Could be any of those three things. But I agree that it's a mystery why they don't like how she looks.

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
The thing about her face is, that I cant imagine her how she looks when she's showing much stronger emotion like anger or sadness. I have the feeling this will not look good on her...

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Like ForceStealer said it’s probably just a loud and vocal minority that’s isn’t even necessarily representative of the Japanese fan base/reaction either, the reactions to reaction have probably given it more significance than it would had originally.

Personally, I think Aerith looks fine, and I honestly I don’t see much significant difference between her facial design in the Remake and how she looked in ACC and the ending pre-rendered scenes in CC.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I hope they make it that he survives considering his appearance in Advent Children. Maybe bump into Reno and the other Turks during the crisis in Midgar on way to kick Hojo's butt? Either way, and despite what he did to Aerith in the OG, I like the guy, and he has watched her grow up. Plus like Reno said, Tseng likes Aerith.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Re: crying — The only time I can think of is when Tseng bites it, but then she’s pretty stone cold to the dying guy, and only thoughtful afterwards.

Good call, though I don't know if we'll see her face for that if they stick to the original presentation. She's facing the wall, and Cloud turns his back to her before asking if she was crying (which is something I always liked, by the way. Considerate move on Cloud's part)

Top Bottom