• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer

Any Animal Crossing fans here? I looked around and didn’t see a thread anywhere for it. If there is one somewhere tucked away, mods feel free to delete this or merge it into that thread.

I just wanted to see if there were any fans here, and if so what did you think about the trailer? I was extremely hyped for this game as a big Animal Crossing fan who has played every entry, and I must say that it wasn’t quite what I was expecting. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. I feel like the art style looks a bit... off? Maybe that’s just going to take an adjustment since it’s a new game on a new generational console, but it did catch my eye and had me raising an eyebrow. Did anyone else feel the same? Am I just crazy?

And then the other concern I have is that it’s on an island. One thing I always loved about other Animal Crossing entries was being able to travel to an island, but now we are already on an island? So will we be able to travel to like a city or something? Or perhaps just another island, something smaller? Or will this be where the entirety of the game takes place and we will only be able to travel to other friends’ islands? Those are just some questions I have and I don’t believe they’ve been answered yet.

Now what I do know is this - you can have up to eight people live in your town. Four of you can do tasks and things around your town with couch co-op. You can also have up to seven, yes SEVEN, other players online come and visit your town at the same time making it possible to have eight people in your town at one time. All of that is pretty damn cool. They showed it off during treehouse and there are a lot of promising things I saw, so even though it wasn’t quite what I was expecting I’m still excited for it and will be picking it up day one even though I’ll be busy with the remake.

Xinda

Memento Mori
Although I've been aware of the series for years, I didn't get to play it properly for myself until New Leaf -- and loved it. Super, super addicting, and somehow also pretty relaxing (especially for someone who has anxiety/depression; it seemed to relax at times and distract. Not always, but enough to notice).

So, needless to say, once I heard a new console game was in the makes, I got curious.

The art style... is a bit jarring in ways? I'm not sure what I expected, nor am I necessarily disappointed, either. I did get it pointed out to me that the villagers eyes move with the direction you're looking - which I think is a really cool touch.

I think it's the colour palette that might be throwing me off. A bit less "bright", or it could just be how my laptop viewed it compared to my N3DS.

That's a good question regarding the island. It seems like you'll be able to hang out with friends, but I imagine it'll only be your island or their island. Until a DLC comes out with a "special" place to go to -- which'll probably just be another island. A City sounds really interesting, but what types of games could there be in a city, I wonder?

I didn't see beyond the trailer, so I didn't know about the couch co-op/tasks helping.

I'm curious about how much weight our player will have - since we're not "Mayor" -- but, I think, we are the first person on the island?

I also heard that a villager will actually ask about where they move, as in, "Is this a good spot?" or something like that. Which would be so nice to be able to sort of navigate where you want them to be and have some say in the layout.

Also, kind of thankful for the delay in the game. Not only for the health of the employees, but also because I don't have a Switch yet ^^;

I don't think I'll get the game right away, though (unless some miracle gives me money to spare), as I'm more curious to see it play out to see if it's worth it first. Especially since it'd be my second AC game.

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
The crafting system sounds interesting. Hopefully we will have a place to store those materials instead of trying to stuff them into a closet along with everything else.

I wish they would tell us more about amiibo compatibility. Will amiibos work the same way as in New Leaf? I have my favorite villager's card and I would love to move him in right away when I start my new town.

I heard that the player cannot have multiple islands, so I'm guessing they're going to have it as one island per system. That kind of bums me out because I was hoping that we would get one save file per user profile on the Switch. Selfish wish, but I wanted to be able to start over any time without deleting my previous town. Oh well. :monster: The game looks really pretty! All it needs is some more polish to make it look closer to the other AC games.

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan

I can't wait for March to arrive! New Horizons looks like a nice step-up from New Leaf.

Since the Remake's release date has been pushed back, there is only room for Animal Crossing in March now. (⊙‿⊙✿)

There are also new renders of some of the villagers. Colton looks so cute in his new outfit. Everyone is precious.
yko0n98lm0c41.jpg

A new photo has been spotted in an outdoors ad:
40c81uq7bhe41.jpg

And more character renders have been revealed.

Last edited:

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
Just FYI for those who want to play this unspoiled, people are data mining this game right now. Please be on the lookout for spoilers!

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
For those who have access to the Nintendo Switch Online app, you can make QR codes using this website and scan them with your phone. I made a lot of Final Fantasy VII Remake canvas patterns and filled my room with them.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
i just restarted my island after a month and got some of my favorite villagers (muffy!! LUCKY!!!!) and better diy in a week than i got the whole time on my first island. \o/

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
are the villagers (islanders?) you get at the beginning set or random? i got a horse (rhianna?) and a frog

but if I can get apollo from the start i will restart it right now. (do you just deleted the save data?)

this is my first ac game but i have already found it very relaxing

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
are the villagers (islanders?) you get at the beginning set or random? i got a horse (rhianna?) and a frog

but if I can get apollo from the start i will restart it right now. (do you just deleted the save data?)

this is my first ac game but i have already found it very relaxing

Yep, it's completely random. You can keep restarting it over and over until you have at least one islander that you prefer, but you do have the option of just changing the lineup later down the road. Far better to keep restarting if there is a fruit that you simply can't stand, lol.

I'm thinking of getting a Switch and this game.

Worth it?

Very. Like Strangelove just said, it's an extremely relaxing game, and one that doesn't demand a lot of your time. You can play just an hour a day if you want, just tidying up your island and seeing to small tasks, or it can be a complete time-sink as you fish for that elusive catch, re-design your island, and scratch out bells for that much needed home or island improvements. The choice is completely yours. Either way, that relaxation angle is always present.

There are also mini events from time to time, including special islanders who come to visit, or special days that you receive via updates.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i spent like, 20-30 minutes? just cleaning up the weeds from my island and it was very therapeutic

(i did this sat in my room which is a mess but there's no tanukis to offer me encourage to clean that up)

do you only have 2 other islanders or do you get more later? i don't dislike the ones i have, but apollo was the first animal crossing animal i saw in the mobile game (the first ac related thing i saw) and that was only yesterday but he is my best friend and i would like to live on an island with this buff eagle

i know there's a smug cat that people seem to hate but i honestly kinda want to meet him

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
so if this website i'm looking at is right you can't get apollo as one of the first two because he's not the right personality type?

also the smug cat is number one on this site's character popularity list lol

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
i spent like, 20-30 minutes? just cleaning up the weeds from my island and it was very therapeutic

(i did this sat in my room which is a mess but there's no tanukis to offer me encourage to clean that up)

do you only have 2 other islanders or do you get more later? i don't dislike the ones i have, but apollo was the first animal crossing animal i saw in the mobile game (the first ac related thing i saw) and that was only yesterday but he is my best friend and i would like to live on an island with this buff eagle

i know there's a smug cat that people seem to hate but i honestly kinda want to meet him

When you first move in, the personality types of the two islanders are Jock and Uchi. One can reset the island as many times as you like, and will still be defaulted to a Jock and an Uchi. Later in the game, you will get more animal villagers and have a chance at getting Apollo. Animal Crossing games like to have a balanced number of villagers with a certain personality type. Since Apollo is cranky, you might have a chance at getting him at random.

Also, if you put down a plot for a house and go to another island via your Nook Miles Ticket, an animal villager will appear. The villager you meet will be at random, and you can convince them to move onto your island when talking to them.

so if this website i'm looking at is right you can't get apollo as one of the first two because he's not the right personality type?

also the smug cat is number one on this site's character popularity list lol

Yeah, he is a cranky personality type. You can't get him at the beginning because he isn't a Jock or an Uchi. :(

Is there a guide to this game?

https://www.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-horizons/

There are probably better guides online, but I think this one covers enough to get started.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
if you need a guide for anything, thonky is the go to. i've been using the site since new leaf and its helpful especially with redd paintings.

dunno if anyone plays the stalk market but https://turnipprophet.io/ is a really good site to predict when you'll have good prices. if i happen to get lucky this week i'll post a dodo code here for anyone that needs it

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
My favorite villager, Colton, is celebrating his birthday today. <3 I'm enjoying partying with him in New Leaf and New Horizons.

By the way, Nook Plaza has some tools that are helpful. Here is one that picks out the best gift to give to an animal villager.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i have not given anyone clothes, i give them. like. exotic fish. i gave one a rare deep sea fish and she hasn't even put it on display in her room. rude. she might have to leave my island.

also it took me embarrassingly long to realise you plant a fruit to grow a fruit tree. i was running around the random islands you can visit and stealing fully grown trees to replant instead. i only have cherries (native to my island), palm trees (stolen from other islands), and peaches (i planted some i got in a letter). after planting peaches i started seeing those on random islands after only previously seeing cherries and palm trees, but can you find other fruit trees you don't have on random islands you can visit with the mileage tickets? or are you expected to visit other people's islands and get them? or wait for more letters.

also scorpions keep attacking me and i don't know how to defeat them. i try to put the net down just before they reach me but they always seem to get me.

i walked out of the admin building once and this random ass scorpion just jumped out of some flowers i'd planted and ran across the plaza and stung me before i knew what was happening. i didn't move to this island to be viciously attacked.

Top Bottom