Argento the Silver

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Oh my Channy remind me to never get into an argument with you. :duhard:

And do we know for sure that Argento isn't "the Silver?" How do we know that it's something that just never came up?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=592.msg25835#msg25835 date=1236028935]
Oh my Channy remind me to never get into an argument with you. :duhard:

And do we know for sure that Argento isn't "the Silver?" How do we know that it's something that just never came up?
[/quote]

I think it was mentioned in the online mode itself or something. That she is just an observer and advisor or something and that she is not part of the "colored" elite bastards.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Seriously, Argento is not a special Tsviet like the colored ones. She isn't Argento "the Silver" or anything. She's just...Argento.

No title means, no specialty. She's a Tsviet that trains other poor tools to become Tsviets and thus get brain jacked by Shelke so they can die and continue infiltrating the ranks of Restrictor.

I seriously doubt a thrown in NPC is going to get anymore attention than that. She isn't a lost colored Tsviet like Nero or Azul. She's just...there for the sake of the Multiplayer mode.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I thought I came across a translation of an article that explained Argento was away on a mission, so she was out of the view during the events of Dirge - ie: she's still alive, out there. *shrug* It was on ACF, possibly; I am not even sure of the translator. I could be very wrong; but, I do believe I came across such information...

As for her as a character - on YouTube I saw her once in one of the cutscenes posted there. If they will make her a character in any of the (possible) upcoming sequels to FFVII, then I have no qualms. Really, I don't know much about her, so either way is fine by me. I guess I have to say I'm kind of like Tet, not really caring because she was so little shown and more of a side character, even if a Tsviet.

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=592.msg25841#msg25841 date=1236029190]
Seriously, Argento is not a special Tsviet like the colored ones. She isn't Argento "the Silver" or anything. She's just...Argento.

No title means, no specialty. She's a Tsviet that trains other poor tools to become Tsviets and thus get brain jacked by Shelke so they can die and continue infiltrating the ranks of Restrictor.

I seriously doubt a thrown in NPC is going to get anymore attention than that. She isn't a lost colored Tsviet like Nero or Azul. She's just...there for the sake of the Multiplayer mode.
[/quote]

I'm assuming that 'The Silver' was just a fan title due to the fact that Argento means silver. Tho I would like to point out that she isnt just some random and would hold a level of importance in deepground, as I beleive shes the one who made the Tsviet's weapons (or so I've read) not to mention she was present at the end of the multiplayer mode with Weiss and co.

Anyway my point is that despite being some random in a side game few got to play, the character is there and has a plausible reason to show up this late in the compilation if Sqaure wished it so, wether it be a just a cameo or side role. Same can be said for the BC Turks, they have the characters there ready to use if they choose, as it would be better to give more development to these characters rather than create even more randoms.

Hell if they wanted to they could have Este-D working in some medical centre and she beats Cloud around when you go there to get healed. :monster:

[quote author=Arianna link=topic=592.msg25905#msg25905 date=1236036272]
I thought I came across a translation of an article that explained Argento was away on a mission, so she was out of the view during the events of Dirge - ie: she's still alive, out there. *shrug* It was on ACF, possibly; I am not even sure of the translator. I could be very wrong; but, I do believe I came across such information...[/quote]

Interesting thought, doubt it can be proven now. Tho would make sense considering DG went all over the world during their massacre.

[quote author=Arianna link=topic=592.msg25905#msg25905 date=1236036272]
As for her as a character - on YouTube I saw her once in one of the cutscenes posted there. If they will make her a character in any of the (possible) upcoming sequels to FFVII, then I have no qualms. Really, I don't know much about her, so either way is fine by me. I guess I have to say I'm kind of like Tet, not really caring because she was so little shown and more of a side character, even if a Tsviet.

[/quote]

Yeah, I rekon it's pretty much If she appears again then that's nice, but if she doesn't then whatever.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=NoenGaruth link=topic=592.msg25910#msg25910 date=1236037568]Tho I would like to point out that she isnt just some random and would hold a level of importance in deepground, as I beleive shes the one who made the Tsviet's weapons (or so I've read) not to mention she was present at the end of the multiplayer mode with Weiss and co.[/quote]

Not to mention that she helped Shelke with the H-J Virus, and have some misteries behind her character(her refusal to fight, for some misterious reason, but still carrying a big sword with her).
And she was mentioned in the Compilation Ultimania(the thing about the Tsviets' weapons, that you mentioned).

I agree that Argento isn't important enough to show up in a sequel. But we can't compare her with Este-D. She was much more important than him.
Hell, the reason she was important is another mistery! If she was just a normal Tsviet like many others, why she was so close to the Colored Tsviets? I mean, we saw Azul and Rosso killing Tsviets for fun, but they respected Argento and treated her like one of them, like another Colored Tsviet. But why?

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
I'll unload all of the info I have on her. I think she's pretty cool, actually. Quite like her character design.

Argento is a Tsviet, but she doesn't appear to have a title, though the first cutscene in which she appears and talks to Shelke is titled "Silver and Transparent".

She was never given an H-J virus implant, apparantly because the Restrictors trusted her. This allows her to engage in subterfuge along with Shelke.

She acts as something of a teacher or instructor, involved in guiding players through some of their quests. She doesn't fight, and is said to embody the phrase, "strength hidden in weakness."

Her weapon appears to be a fancy, decorative version of the standard SOLDIER broadsword, with an engraved hilt and some unique touches on the blade, including a pair of ? patterns.

She forged Weiss' lever-action sword revolvers, which she presented to him when he was released. The most difficult TSV (Tsviet) rank mission in Multiplayer Mode, "Emperor Unchained", has a description along the lines of, "Weiss, wanting to stretch his legs and try out the weapons Argento forged for him, prepares to fight a squad of Tsviets."

Argento's character design sheet describes her as a subordinate SOLDIER of Weiss. Nothing else interesting.

Nobody knows what happened to her. She might still be alive, she might be dead. Since there are still secrets to be revealed about Genesis and his connections to Deep Ground and specifically Tsviet, she might still be of use, so I hope she isn't just completely forgotten about.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Is there a good picture of Argento anywhere? I never noticed her sword.

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=592.msg23761#msg23761 date=1235682839]
NPCs who helped the heroes in the original < NPCs who helped the villains in a mediocre spin off that was online only and not even integrated into the main plot. :monster:

[/quote]
Correction!
Alot of those bastards can't shoot. Plus most where wiped out due to Nero's darkness sperming them to death. :monster:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
[quote author=sephirothpaine link=topic=592.msg26212#msg26212 date=1236083840]Correction!
Alot of those bastards can't shoot. Plus most where wiped out due to Nero's darkness sperming them to death. :monster:
[/quote]

Gods... You'll never get over that, will you? :P ;D

But, the force was all voluntary. Not many if any had proper firearm/military skills; they were only 'everyday', 'regular' people wanting to do something good for the world. :)

On the other hand, DeepGround was properly (and efficiently so) trained to handle firearms and other military combat procedures...

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
But, the force was all voluntary. Not many if any had proper firearm/military skills; they were only 'everyday', 'regular' people wanting to do something good for the world. :)

I assume they would have had proper military training upon joining the organization.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
[quote author=The Notorious M.O.G. link=topic=592.msg26652#msg26652 date=1236136936]

I assume they would have had proper military training upon joining the organization.
[/quote]

True, but it wouldn't really match up to the years of training that Shinra instilled on Sephiroth or the Tseviet's and others born into DeepGround. That's my meaning; they really didn't have the time, and some probably didn't have the necessary range of physical ability (or mental ability), as the elites of their enemy. Now, I'm sure there were those who were more easily adapted and trained in more specialized military tactics; I think it's a question of ability and time, when it comes down to it.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
That's a good point.

Although, I am sure that at least some of WRO consists of former Shinra soldiers, once Shinra collapsed there had to have been hundreds of thousands military personnel out of jobs.

Andalegogo

Rueful Figure
Damn. Is the topic dead?

I remember looking over what kinds of qualities surround the color of Silver, because I'm personally convinced that Argento is among the Colored Tsviets. I'd noticed the "Silver and the Transparent" Suzaku mentioned, and that was enough for meh :) .

Anyway, Silver is commonly associated with themes of healing, and I'm hoping that we haven't seen the end of Rosso and Azul, so I like to imagine that Argento manages to revive the two post-DoC. We never got to see either Azul's or Rosso's corpse, so I figure there's an opportunity there if SE wants to take it. Azul and Rosso just didn't get to shine, imo.

It's be cool to see Genesis walking around with his kindred crew.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Eh, Genesis wouldn't work with them, he declined their offer to co-operate after Nero and Weiss took him with them...

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
He declined to join them in their rebellion against Restrictor, but he did take Weiss with him after he woke up, saying they still have work to do.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Did I read that she's not actually a Tsviet?

I'd like to see her again at some point, preferable as an antagonist. It would be a refreshing break to have a manipulative female character instead of the usual power-crazy bishounen.

THIS

I agree the concepts of a new female villain would be rather a very fun dynamic since Ultimecia or cloudy of darkness. All the more if they intend to make a sequel to DoC and the compilation in general.

Andalegogo

Rueful Figure
Eh, Genesis wouldn't work with them, he declined their offer to co-operate after Nero and Weiss took him with them...

I never really got the sense that the Tsviets and Genesis had a falling out with each other. I dunno, but I get the sense that the real Weiss seems like an honor-bound kind of guy, so he would naturally respect someone as powerful as Genesis, especially since Genesis by that time seems to have found his "reason" for being.

I've also pointed out previously how one of Weiss's lines just before Omega's rise seems to suggest that he remembered Genesis and wanted to see him again. But like I say, its allusion is so vague, but Genesis seems to be the only one who fits.

The circumstances of Genesis' departure are so obscure. Perhaps one of the conditions for Weiss letting Genesis decline was to include him in any future battle Genesis might be involved in!

Oh, who knows... >_<

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
We know for a fact he declined them, because the creators said so in the CC Scenario Q&A. He wasn't interested.

Top Bottom