Assassin's Creed (series)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Regular deathmatch had the same small arenas. Difference is that in Easy DM there are no abilities.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Goddamnit Lorne Balfe and Hans Zimmer? Really?

What's wrong with just having Jesper Kyd?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Don't worry, Kyd is still composing the music.
I think Balfe and Zimmer are just responsible for the theme song.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Hans Fucking Zimmer, as you so eloquently put it :monster:, is great talent, but unneccessary in the context of Assassin's Creed.
To me this smacks of nothing more than publicity-grabbing, the same way that Lorne Balfe did most of the work on Modern Warfare 2 and the people on the internet gave most of the credit to Zimmer even though for the most part he wasn't anything more than a producer. Shadowing Jesper Kyd's work for the past 3 games like this feels cheap.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Hans Fucking Zimmer, as you so eloquently put it :monster:, is great talent, but unneccessary in the context of Assassin's Creed.
To me this smacks of nothing more than publicity-grabbing, the same way that Lorne Balfe did most of the work on Modern Warfare 2 and the people on the internet gave most of the credit to Zimmer even though for the most part he wasn't anything more than a producer. Shadowing Jesper Kyd's work for the past 3 games like this feels cheap.

I know what you mean.
It's been the same for Crysis 2. People often think he composed the score despite the fact he only did the main theme.

It definitely is just a PR thing. Jesper Kyd could've easily composed a beautiful theme song himself.

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
I hope Jesper Kyd gets some input though because it might sound sort of disjointed imo he's done the score wonderfully for the past games and he knows this series pretty well or so I'd like to think.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
See, that's the thing - he's still doing pretty much the entire score. They've pulled Zimmer and Balfe in simply for the main theme, which also means they pretty much just pulled them in for their name to appear on the opening credits.

I'm banking on the devs doing it in large, noticeable letters where everyone can see it and go "OH LOOK IS THAT MOVIE MUSIC GUY HANS ZIMMAR THIS SOUNDTRACK WILL BE SO GUD"

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
Yeah true enough. Maybe it'll get people to listen to the other scores Ezio's Family and Access the Animus will be my favorite tracks forevar.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I just thought to interject real quick and say: The funniest thing that I've come across regarding this game is G4's onDemand from Comcast listing. They have it scheduled as "Ass Creed". :awesome: :wacky:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
The chase theme from the first Assassin's Creed feels the most iconic to me.

I don't think there's any other combat/escape theme I like more from any of the other games. Sort of like "Encounter" from the very first MGS, it's just such a simple motif but it's something I can listen to over and over again.

Compare that to the motifs used in the later games, which are great to listen to, but a lot of them are basically renditions and adaptations of the main theme or other themes, while the chase theme from Assassin's Creed was a unique melody/theme in its own right.

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Yeah that track is Access the Animus it's so unique whenever I heard it I was so on edge and panicking it was perfect.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Actually, thinking back now, I think this might be for the first day buyers only? Or maybe pre-orders?

See how far the Assassin's Creed series has come with your "day one" copy of Assassin's Creed Revelations for the PlayStation 3 will have a nice little bonus in the form of Assassin's Creed—the 2007 original—free of charge, Ubisoft announced today.
...unless that's not what that means :shifty:

OOOH. BTW, winner of the theme song contest:
http://www.ujam.com/contests/acrevelations/introduction

I think she's great! Also, it's awesome that they reached out to the community to give someone a chance.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
BUMP.
AssCreed belt buckle. On sale November for $30
Assassins-Creed-belt-buckle-3__96912_zoom.jpg

/shut up, this is totally double-post worthy

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Apparently you can customize your bombs now.

"In order to craft bombs, the player needs to access one of the several bomb crafting tables that have been hidden throughout the city by the Assassins. Those tables are also present in the Assassin's HQ and in the dens the player controls," Alexandre Breault, the game design director of Revelations told us. "The crafting system has been designed in order to favor experimentation on the part of the player. As soon as you have the three types of components (shell, gunpowder, effect) you can build a bomb."

Working with those three components couldn't be easier, and three broad categories devices (lethal, tactical and diversionary) of can be created with them. Players will be able to create and store one type of bomb per category. So if another type of "lethal" bomb is needed, the existing ones will have to be dismantled in order for something new to be developed.

Some screenshots:

assassins-creed-revelations-20111006115258536_640w.jpg

assassins-creed-revelations-20111006115308126_640w.jpg

assassins-creed-revelations-20111006115303643_640w.jpg

Top Bottom