Assassin's Creed (series)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Also:

And already Hans Zimmer's name overshadows Kyd's. =/

The joke?
Hans Zimmer does not even compose. Lorne Balfe composes the vocal theme and some other stuff and Jesper Kyd is still pretty much main composer.

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...oint-to-ezio-as-a-fighter-january-31-release/

soulclaibur-5-rumors-point-to-ezio-as-a-fighter-january-31-release.jpg

Hmmmm

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
So Assassin's Creed is getting a movie

The subsidiary Screen Gems already has their own video game franchise with Resident Evil still alive and kicking, but now Sony Pictures is ramping up another video game adaptation for the big screen. Variety has word that the studio is closing a deal to adapt the popular Assassin's Creed video game series into a feature film franchise. Other studios had been vying for the property when Ubisoft started shopping it around Hollywood over the past several months, but Sony Pictures came out on top. The timing couldn't be better with the fourth game, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, hitting shelves on November 15th. Read on!

The video game series follows a bartender named Desmond Miles who is captured by a secret corporation called Abstergo Industries and forced to go back in time to various historical periods like the Renaissance and Crusades to relieve the memories of his ancestors, who are all assassins, in order to recover ancient artifacts. The series has built up quite a fanbase since it started in 2007, so there should be plenty of gamers ready for a feature film version. In addition, the high concept story sounds like a perfect story for a summer blockbuster, as long as it fares better than most of the video game adaptation that hit theaters. Excited?

Sauce

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
hmmmm, not sure how to feel about this yet. excitement?

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
I flailed like my arms were made of jelly so yes excitement on my part.

I also flailed like my arms were tentacles, for great justice.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
It was only a matter of time before someone made AC into a movie series. I hope that it's good but video game adaptations don't exactly have the best track record.

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Oh...my...God...
Screen Gems has a tendency for ruining good games. I hope that, unlike Resident Evil, the movies do justice to AC.

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
But it's not Screen Gems it's Sony Pictures. A little hope perhaps.

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Well, IDK since they made the Resident Evil movies....as soon as I read that all my hopes of good material went down.

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
I'm hoping Ubisoft gets to work with Sony because that would make all the difference.

ALSO NO FUCKING WHITEWASHING I SWEAR TO GOD IF WE GET SOME GRINGO TO BE ALTAIR I WILL ACTUALLY CUT A BITCH.

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Screen Gems belongs to Sony Pictures though. xP
I realized that after I typed it. WHOOPS.

Though it being attached to just Sony Pictures and not Screen Gems specifically could make all the difference. Who knows.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I wonder if a movie will even bother with the whole present business or if they'll just follow Ezio. Of course, knowing video game movies this could be a movie about a punk rocker in New York in the early 80s and they'll just put "Assassin's Creed" on the box.

Maybe it's the name of his band.

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Someone said Ubisoft has creative control over the movie though... not sure where they read that though.

But that movie does sound pretty rad :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I want to be optimistic! :monster:

But I can't
Not ever D:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Better guest character than Heihachi, Yoda, and Darth Vader were at least. (Don't have anything against Heihachi, but someone from Tekken hardly feels like a guest. Yoshimitsu's been in Tekken for a long time.)

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Nuh uh

but my favorite game should have character X

:monster:, I like how stylistically he meshes so well with the others in terms of visual character design and fight moves.

imo I'm not a huge fan of SoulCalibur but this was definitely a smart choice.

Top Bottom