Assassin's Creed (series)

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
How dare you say such a thing? Ezio is pure and innocent and has never done anything wrong.

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
Palumpolum, Jack the Ripper, Colonel AI, laurash65, Re-L Mayer
I don't know what pisses me off more about the situation, her death, that no explanation has been given for it and Desmond had a few opportunities to ask Subject 16 or the ones that came before but nothing or that yet again another main female character in this series gets screwed.

I was looking through the guide earlier, and came across this:

"There is one who would accompany you through the gate. She lies not within our sight. The cross darkens the horizon." - Juno

The final two sentences of this statement are open to a variety of interpretations, but the most plausible explanation is that Desmond's blossoming friendship - indeed, suggestions of growing intimacy - with Lucy might distract him from the road the First Civilization would have him travel. "The cross darkens the horizon," feels like an oblique reference to secret Templar affiliation, which her Assassin upbringing renders unlikely, or perhaps a future betrayal. A line from Subject 16 (during Brotherhood after the completion of the ten 'Rift' puzzles) could also insinuate a hidden allegiance, or simply that Desmond's burgeoning relationship with Lucy would never come to pass. "She is not who you think she is," cautions Sixteen. "Everything you hope to become, everything you hold dear. It's already gone."

Hope this helps :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I was looking through the guide earlier, and came across this:

"There is one who would accompany you through the gate. She lies not within our sight. The cross darkens the horizon." - Juno

The final two sentences of this statement are open to a variety of interpretations, but the most plausible explanation is that Desmond's blossoming friendship - indeed, suggestions of growing intimacy - with Lucy might distract him from the road the First Civilization would have him travel. "The cross darkens the horizon," feels like an oblique reference to secret Templar affiliation, which her Assassin upbringing renders unlikely, or perhaps a future betrayal. A line from Subject 16 (during Brotherhood after the completion of the ten 'Rift' puzzles) could also insinuate a hidden allegiance, or simply that Desmond's burgeoning relationship with Lucy would never come to pass. "She is not who you think she is," cautions Sixteen. "Everything you hope to become, everything you hold dear. It's already gone."

Hope this helps :monster:

The main problems that I have with this it's that if it weren't for Lucy Desmond or the group wouldn't have gotten as far as they have and killing her will significantly hinder their chances of succeeding in saving the world so I find it doubtful that she could possibly be distracting Desmond from the road the First Civilization wants him to travel.

Lex

Administrator
The main problems that I have with this it's that if it weren't for Lucy Desmond or the group wouldn't have gotten as far as they have and killing her will significantly hinder their chances of succeeding in saving the world so I find it doubtful that she could possibly be distracting Desmond from the road the First Civilization wants him to travel.

I don't understand the whole "one who will accompany you through the gate" thing either. Are they talking about a new person or are they referring to the fact that Lucy WOULD do it, and they don't want her to?

Also, I never understood the e-mail Lucy sent to Shaun in Brotherhood that says "this just in: Rebecca is a Templar". Because that and Shaun's reply did not look like they were in jest.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Prince Lex said:
Also, I never understood the e-mail Lucy sent to Shaun in Brotherhood that says "this just in: Rebecca is a Templar". Because that and Shaun's reply did not look like they were in jest.

Shaun was the one who sent the e-mail to Lucy. That's his hilarious response to Rebecca telling Lucy that Shaun was the one who stole Lucy's yogurt and offered some to her and Lucy punishing him with clean up duty. Shaun is a dirty yogurt thief and stealing from Lucy can have dire consequences.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Well, let's be fair here. He IS the only one stuck in a chair, unconscious, for good portions of the day probably everyday. No one sends that guy e-mails. :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Which makes you wonder how Shaun could possibly think he was going to get away with stealing Lucy's yogurt. There's only 4 people there, Lucy's the injured party, Desmond is in the animus all day so that leaves Shaun and Rebecca and Shaun makes the incredibly stupid move of offering Rebecca some of the yogurt. So the only other person who could've been incriminated its now a witness of his crime.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Another rumor for the American Revolution

I don't particularly care where it goes, and I'm sure people will complain about something else being in America. But I can't think of any games outside of the occasional strategy game that takes place in the revolutionary period. Or any period that isn't WWII, actually. So I think it could be fun.

...Or maybe I'm just biased because I wanna see Philadelphia finally show up in a video game :monster:

AvecAloes

Donator
Another rumor for the American Revolution

I don't particularly care where it goes, and I'm sure people will complain about something else being in America. But I can't think of any games outside of the occasional strategy game that takes place in the revolutionary period. Or any period that isn't WWII, actually. So I think it could be fun.

...Or maybe I'm just biased because I wanna see Philadelphia finally show up in a video game :monster:

This might actually increase my interest in American History :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
American history sucks compared to the rest of the world.

Z

Zealkin

God no!!!! 2 years of AP US history and now this!!!??!?!? American history is so dryy...I mean having assassins in it will probably liven things up, but there are soooo many better places...

but for a March release of the next game I think it might be worth it...

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I'd love it for during the american revolution. Screw anyone that says otherwise :monster:

Japan would have been another cool place, and there were a couple other good ideas out there too. And I would have liked any of them. But idk, I really like this idea too because I think there's so much that can be done with it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Japan is no less overexposed than America in video games, imo. But Assassin's Creed has proven it can make just about any setting interesting with it's near-but-slightly-different-altered historical accuracy. I certainly never would have asked for a game set in Renaissance Italy and that turned out to pretty fascinating and possibly the most educational game I have ever played.

I think American History is interesting and more people probably would but hating on the US is in vogue these days. And at least it isn't in freaking New York or LA.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
How many open world games take place in japan? Especially western games. The only games I can think of are the Yakuza series and those are hardly open world like AC games are.

Overexposed my arse. I'd happily take any other eastern setting however. Egypt or India would be cool.

I think American History is interesting and more people probably would but hating on the US is in vogue these days. And at least it isn't in freaking New York or LA.

Derp.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
the setting of Renaissance Italy was pretty much what convinced me to buy the game (and a PS3). It's been an interest of mine for years and I hadn't seen anyone use it.

I'd rather they do American Revolution than Japan tbh.

Z

Zealkin

I wouldn't have liked a title in Japan, either. Seen rival ninjas overplayed all the time.
I certainly never would have asked for a game set in Renaissance Italy and that turned out to pretty fascinating and possibly the most educational game I have ever played.
Even if the Renaissance was pretty random, the time period was interesting it had so much potential and they siphoned out that potential really well, but the American Revolution?

...The first piece of imagery I get is a drummer boy impaling a british trooper, not sure if that's a good thing...

I just can't see it being as free as the other games. Could you get away with running on the rooftops in the colonies, and not shoot everyone you see? That's what really bothers me

/needsmahrooftopaction

Top Bottom