Avatar: The Last Airbender & Korra (SPOILERS)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Still strikes me as a little unfair that fire-benders can just make fire whereas the others need some of their element around to start with. (Which isn't much of a problem for airbenders I guess.)

I mean it wouldn't be too hard to explain away with some ignition thing a la Mustang in Full Metal Alchemist, but just something I noticed when I watched the show.

Fire is a product of heat, oxygen, and fuel. They bend to create heat and create the spark and the correct F/A mix.

I found it weird how the fire nation could draw their power from a meteor. Shouldn't that be more of an earth and mineral type thing...?

My headcanon = they don't need their element around because they draw their power from friction.

/science

I thought that WAS the actual explanation. I mean, it's all specialized TK to begin with.

I really like her voice <3
I think that's part of the reason why they conquered so well too.
Although water benders can draw water from nothing too, just not as much :/ and you have to be really good at it, and earth is pretty much everywhere.

Air! Where ISN'T it?

it was a comet which makes even less sense because a comet is basically frozen water XD

Like a Lens!
Or it magnifies fire specific TK due to some extraneous bit of thing stuck inside all that ice, sort of like how the moon enhances waterbending.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
The comet may also provide spiritual energy, since they say it acts like the sun, similar to how the moon provides energy to waterbenders (and in their world one can actually "kill" the moon. Or it may heat up the atmosphere so fire bender have more latent energy to draw upon.

Also this screen shot comparison is a funny theory on whether Sokka is still alive or not.:lol:

Attachments

• tumblr_lvqqo8jwvu1qfkm1ko1_250.png
    tumblr_lvqqo8jwvu1qfkm1ko1_250.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 12

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
And does anyone know how to download tumblr vids?

I dos. :P

http://www.mediafire.com/?vb7nybyggjxt4v6

(and I hope I don't get hunted down by Viacom.....)

it was a comet which makes even less sense because a comet is basically frozen water XD

The comet may also provide spiritual energy, since they say it acts like the sun, similar to how the moon provides energy to waterbenders (and in their world one can actually "kill" the moon. Or it may heat up the atmosphere so fire bender have more latent energy to draw upon.

Pssshh... it should have been Sozin's Meteor.... since they're flaming balls of rock, not ice.... buuuuuuuuuuuuut Sozin's Comet just has a better ring to it, right? Right?.....Right.

Also, from http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Sozin's_Comet#Trivia

Due to comets being comprised mostly of various frozen gases and dust, many fans wondered how it was possible for the Comet to provide power to Firebenders. However in the vision Avatar Roku's dragon Fang gave Aang[6] the comet appeared to be on fire and during the events of Sozin's Comet it was revealed that the Comet passed extremely close to the planet. When it arrived, it brushed against the upper atmosphere, possibly even entering it, causing nearby clouds to break apart and float away (though if it did enter the atmosphere it would have crashed into the planet; it likely skimmed the upper atmosphere, but the heat and force of the comet could be felt in the lower atmosphere causing the clouds to break apart from its force and heat), and so the comet and its tail do indeed catch fire providing a powerful heat source.

The real-world phenomenon that best fits this description is the Earth-grazing fireball, a small space body that enters the upper atmosphere and leaves. However, as an Earth grazer passes through the atmosphere, its mass and velocity are changed, so that when it re-enters space it can be on a new orbit then before it passed and therefore cannot be periodical.

Z

Zealkin

That clip of the episode are the only rations i have until the promise comes out....

and have you guys heard? They're actually continuing the last air bender movies >.>

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Zealkin said:
and have you guys heard? They're actually continuing the last air bender movies >.>

facepalm.gif

I suggest a sequel to Dragon Ball be made too while we're at it.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
The first one wasn't IMHO. First it was a Shyamalan flick, then it was whitewashed.

Movie lost immediate appeal with the first. It became an insult with the second.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Back in June 24th 2009, producer Frank Marshall told the now-defunct Starlog magazine that the The Last Airbender film trilogy will not be filmed back-to-back as Peter Jackson had done with The Lord of the Rings film trilogy, so it will probably take six years to complete:

"We’re shooting them one at a time, because they’re being written one at a time. Night is now working on the script for the second movie, but he hasn’t had time to write the second or third ones. He’s looking at the arc of all three. One of the things we’ll be doing is using the sets, ships and elements for each different nation in this film and incorporating them into movies two and three. We’re not waiting. There just isn’t enough time. Night will finish this movie, then the script and then we’ll prepare for the next one. I think it’ll probably happen over six years."

More years of M. Night Slapacockwithshitadong fucking with amazing material to make it AWFUL.

vt1jb.png

Xelazander

sunglasses at night
AKA
alexx
Cba to read through 6 pages, the first film is now on skyplayer for free.. worth a watch yes or no?

Z

Zealkin

the m night shamamalama search result reminded me of littlekuriboh, and how awesome he is for trashing shymalan in one of his parodies

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
But I like that Indian actor dude, the one from Skins and Slumdog Billionaire

Oh, he's a good actor, but he was part of the reason the whitewash was such an insult, because visually, he IS the perfect Sokka.

Z

Zealkin

I thought the whitewash was insulting because they made all the heroes white and the bad guys brown, and went against what the show actually dictated..

and eh I don't really see him as lighthearted enough to do sokka, nor visually really, they really just didn't TRY at all.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I thought the whitewash was insulting because they made all the heroes white and the bad guys brown, and went against what the show actually dictated..

I said part of. The 'heroes whight/ villains brown' was a lot more of it, but he was there.

and eh I don't really see him as lighthearted enough to do sokka, nor visually really, they really just didn't TRY at all.

He has a perfect derpy goofy smile for it, IMHO.
[/shrug]

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
except Sokka was more native/Inuit than Indian :sadpanda:
yeah, but how many Inuit/native actors do you know

holywood is all WHITE PPL :awesome:

Top Bottom