Avatar: The Last Airbender & Korra (SPOILERS)

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
This book was initially announced for June 2020, it has now been delayed by nearly 4 YEARS. I get that it is just the paperback printing, and that everything is getting delayed, but still 2024!!!

Before this delay the book was schedule to release on May 2022.

Longest delay for an Avatar book yet.

The second Kyoshi novel (paperback) was also schedule to release on May 2022 and was also delayed to the same March, 2024.

FBLXYQCXIAEtcle

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Tomorrow is the release of the KYOSHI NOVELS BOX SET. Nothing unusual, the two novels re-released and bundled in a box but it comes with some brand new content! For some reason when you're looking at online store like Amazon for the Kyoshi Box Set they make no mention of such content in the description, despite that information being present in the spine of the box set and as well the botton of the box.

What's the new content?

A booklet containing 16 pages of of never before seen cut scenes, from Shadow of Kyoshi, with author commentary (F. C. Yee).

Detailed description of the content.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
A new comic series Avatar: The Last Airbender—Chibi, aim at very young readers and set to kick off in July 2021 with a first book titled Aang's Unfreezing Day. The title refers to the fact that Aang forgot his birthday while being frozen in his iceberg for 100 years. To make up for it, Katara, Toph, Sokka, and Zuko plan to surprise him with a new special day to celebrate.

Arriving on Sept. 7, 2021. Celebrated children's author Kelly Leigh Miller (I am a Wolf; I Love My Fangs) teams with Avatar fandom favorite artist Diana Sim and series writer Tim Hedrick to bring this Avatar story to life for young readers and their families.

51+Y6wp0ilL._SX346_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
For who still cared about this, it got a second delay (I missed the first), now releasing on May 10, 2022.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The Legend of Korra Book Four: Balance - The Art of the Animated Series second edition & deluxe version, coming June 21st, 2022. This new edition features a new forward by Asami Sato voice actor Seychelle Gabriel, rounding out the Krew after Janet Varney (Korra) did Book 1, P. J. Byrne (Bolin) did Book 2, and David Faustino (Mako) did Book 3. Here's an overview of everything that comes with the deluxe ver.

FE6rMjzVQAQ7xCf

FE6rstYVIAE1joR

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
THE LEGEND OF KORRA: PATTERNS IN TIME, coming April 13th, 2022. An anthology book.

FE8PfM9VQAEcJh_

Writer: Michael Dante DiMartino, Bryan Konietzko
Artist: Heather Campbell, Jayd Ait-Kaci
Colorist: Killian Ng

“Your favorite characters from Team Avatar and beyond are here in this collection of stories, from the heartwarming to the hilarious. Join Korra, Asami, Mako, Bolin, Tenzin, and more familiar faces from The Legend of Korra, featured in stories specially crafted by a bevy of talented comics creators! Be sure to add these all-new stories to your Avatar Legends library”

------

Something of note is that this is a new namedrop of the “Avatar Legends” brand, which previously seemed to be only for the TTRPG, but now with this, the question from before is rekindled: is “Avatar Legends” the new name of the franchise, covering all Avatars/time periods?

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
More staff confirmation:

1) Christie Tseng has joined Avatar Studios as Executive Art Director. She was previously a character designer on TLOK
2) William Niu has joined Avatar Studios as Art Director. He was previously a background designer on The Legend of Korra!
3) Lauren Montgomery (ATLA, TLOK crew, showrunner of Voltron: Legendary Defender) is directing the upcoming Avatar Studios movie.
4) Steve Ahn is the Head of Storyboard on Avatar Studios' movie. He was previously a storyboard artist and assistant director on The Legend of Korra.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The official Kickstarter of Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game is officially out, among the content of this game is a Core Book PDF with some lore tidbits for five eras in the Avatar timeline (Kyoshi, Roku, 100 Years War, Aang, Korra). Don't know the whole content of that (didn't backed game myself) but at the moment this is what I could find from the few content creators talking about this content (if you don't mind watching an over hour long videos):

* Kyoshi Era lore.
* Roku Era lore.

Of these the most interesting comes from the Roku Era, where we get the introduction of Sozin's sister, Zeisan, her story seems to explain his dislike of the Air Nomads as well as his stance on same-sex relationships. Her wiki page with a bit more detail about her.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I’m torn between wanting to read these books ASAP, or to wait until they are done making books so I can read them in chronological order ? Going from one lifetime to the next, to the next, concluding with the shows, would be so epic.

Top Bottom