Avatar: The Last Airbender & Korra (SPOILERS)

Z

Zealkin

Yeah seriously, this is beginning to border as sadistic on Nick's part.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
in that last clip, what kind of bending are they practicing when throwing those discs? because it seems like both teams are earth bending which is very odd

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
in that last clip, what kind of bending are they practicing when throwing those discs? because it seems like both teams are earth bending which is very odd

Well one team is all earth benders, while the other has one fire bender, one earth bender, and the Avatar. :P

I think?

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Well one team is all earth benders, while the other has one fire bender, one earth bender, and the Avatar. :P

I think?

Ah, I just noticed the strips on their headgear. Each team has a bender for each element (sans air). Korra is the waterbender for her team.

Z

Zealkin

Ah, I just noticed the strips on their headgear. Each team has a bender for each element (sans air). Korra is the waterbender for her team.

yar it be probending, the video commentator seems to be hinting that Korra and her team had a bad run in previously, I'd like to hazard a guess that it was because of Korra trying to steal all the glory which resulted in them losing.

Elisa Maza

Whomst

APRIL 14th.

http://www.nickandmore.com/2012/03/14/nickelodeon-upfront-2012/

tumblr_m0w92iwBqW1r12im7.gif

tumblr_m0w94lqgPz1r12im7.gif

tumblr_m0w906rJvo1r12im7.gif

Last edited:
Z

Zealkin

tumblr_lx5e83Odmr1qemgpx.gif

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
OMMGGGGGGGGGG
IM NOT GOING ANYWHERE SATURDAY NOTHING IS GOING TO KEEP ME FROM WATCHING THIS SHOW!!!!!!

Z

Zealkin

It's very real~

Bryan Konietzko posted the date on his tumblr and everything :)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
tumblr_m0iie8appR1r4zgfw.gif

Is this the real life?

Or is this just fantasy?

Dang, I don't know how I'm going to be able to watch this...

Elisa Maza

Whomst
OK, guys. Here's the deal. The 1st episode has been leaked. OK? OK.

You can get it on tumblr. I WON'T give link here, though.

As for me, I'm going to watch the whole series pirated anyway, since I live in Greece and all. But YOU?

Anyway, just a heads up.

THE EPISODE IS AWESOME, BTW.

Z

Zealkin

You have to go on the legend of korra link press site and click screener both the password and the id are nickpress, good luck!

[edit by Tennyo direct links to torrents not allowed in forum posts. Please do this over PM :)]

I think people who are saying that it's wrong to watch the first link are being a tad bit pretentious, sure it's respectful to wait, but we've been waiting a hell of a long time. People will always try to be the "better" fans and frankly it's annoying, like Mike and Bryan care if you personally didn't watch it, they want people to enjoy the show, and that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to watch it and enjoy it, and watch it on tv and enjoy it even more.
tumblr_m0ye3yEYVl1r5cyh4.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Elisa Maza

Whomst
I love how different things are from the first series. Korra isn't a legend nor she looks remotely important in this world. On the contrast with Aang, the simple people know about the avatar and simply don't give a damn. The ones who give a damn are making it a show with broadcasts and television and all that stuff. The road with the Equalists is far more mature stuff than the "save the world" scenario of the first season, far more complex.

Tenzin is adorable in this own old-man way. :3

Also, am I the only one who SCREAMED at the interrupted story about ZUKO'S MOTHER??? Seriously, I'm gonna have kids and THEN learn the truth behind this!!!

BTW, Zeaklin, is that Makorra in your sig?

I approve. :monster:

Z

Zealkin

BTW, Zeaklin, is that Makorra in your sig? I approve. :monster:
Hell yeah it is! My otp that makes no valid sense yet:awesome:

edit(Hadn't finished yet when you wrote this)
I love how different things are from the first series. Korra isn't a legend nor she looks remotely important in this world. On the contrast with Aang, the simple people know about the avatar and simply don't give a damn. The ones who give a damn are making it a show with broadcasts and television and all that stuff. The road with the Equalists is far more mature stuff than the "save the world" scenario of the first season, far more complex.

Tenzin is adorable in this own old-man way. :3

Also, am I the only one who SCREAMED at the interrupted story about ZUKO'S MOTHER??? Seriously, I'm gonna have kids and THEN learn the truth behind this!!!
Yeah I love her look, the equalist problem definitely is pretty complex, and I can't wait to see how they approach it! I effin love Tenzin already. Chief Beifong and Korras interactions were aodrable XDD

And omgggg they were so teasing us with that! They did say there would be an episode about it called
skeletons in the closet although it might just be covered in the promise.

Amon seems like a kick ass villain, his appearance on screen is very menacing and i cannot wait to see what else he's capable of.

And Naga <3 forever

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

Zealkin

Posting twice but about the first episode
Don't get me wrong it was great, but we have seen so many leaks that my prediction came true, most of the episode was footage I've seen already :/ This is part of the reason I knew watching it would be okay, because I've essentially seen most of it

Ok, I watched the first episode now and...

I'm squeeing like a little girl.

So much enjoyment was had. I hope they explore the benders versus non-benders issue to its full extent. Just this first snippet of the anti-bending movement, plus the fact that the setting is more like the early 20th century, makes the world so much more relatable.

Z

Zealkin

yeah I was a little worried about how this would translate to younger audiences, but then i realized most of the older fans will be watching every Saturday anyway lol

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I think what stood out to me most in the first episode was the difference in music. Sure the still some of old themes and rhythms but I really liked the jazzy beat they added to city and chase scenes. It really added to the early 20th century style city tone of Republic City.
I agree that Tenzin's old-man mannerisms were extremely funny, especially his "Help me" to Katara with Meelo. And the Zuko's mother part was such a creator-to-fan nudge-wink-wink move. The park vagabond reminded me of the fish-guy from the "Painted Lady" episode of the previous series. Chief Bei Fong was also totally boss. And Naga was very adorable. And Steve Blum is awesome as Amon. All-in-all an awesome opening episode.

Top Bottom