Batman: Arkham Knight (& other PS4 titles)

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I would really like to know why Kimberly Brooks was replaced by someone from Twilight, so fucking stupid.

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
I am so excited for this game. I almost pre-ordered the Batmobile edition but, ultimately, decided not to. I just moved into a much smaller house than I had previously and I just don't have room for another statue. I'll get the pre-order bonuses down the road when they release them for everyone's consumption.

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are two of the greatest games I have ever played. I love Batman so much and these games feel like a love letter to all things Bat-universe. It saddens me that this is going to be Rocksteady's farewell to the Arkham series.

By the way, I saw a news story on Facebook where they announced that the damn season pass is going to cost $60! That's insane! That's the cost of a second copy of Arkham Knight! There's no way I'm dropping that kind of cash for a season pass. I just don't have enough give a fuck to want a bunch of useless skins and multiplayer mode bullshit. All I'm interested in is additional story campaigns.

Not a big fan of that. Being able to switch characters on the fly makes me feel less like I'm playing as Batman, more that I'm just playing a game. Catwoman was fine because her segments were distinctly separated story wise, except for the end when it was just good around/finish shit up anyway.

It's like, what if during a book you switched the point of view to a different character mid-chapter?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

I went to watch this video linked from some random site, and the official video played as an ad before the same clip. It was weird, but awesome.

Also @ Inter: I just see it more as letting you engage with both characters during team moments - which are limited to parts of the game, which is like descriptions of both characters cutting in when each part is most important as the work together in a story. I don't think it'll break my immersion to the sense of playing as Batman any more than Arkham City did despite it being a little more fluid/dynamic/frequent, but I'll leave the final call on that until I actually try it out.

X :neo:

Lex

Administrator
Someone on reddit got their copy today.

RAMDJdL.jpg

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I don't own a PS4 so... *shrug*

I'll wait for a Let's Play video or something.

Seph

Dark Knight
AKA
Seph Stampede
Man I am so excited for this. Due out in a couple days here. Unless the street date is broken. Oh man.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Also, early reviews (specifically this one) all say to stay the hell away from potential spoilers, 'cause apparently there're some HUGE plot points and a couple twists that'd be easy to spoil. So, beware social media etc.

X :neo:

Played a few hours of it just now. Fuck man it looks soo good!

Also, who the fuck is the Arkham Knight? The way they present him is so... intriguing.

Minor spoiler from first hour of the game (save 5 guys mission):
I'm at the Ace Chemicals mission where you have to save the 5 guys. He seems to know Batman very well from the way he talks. My first thought was Robin, but Robin's at the bat cave. Could it be Deathstroke?

I need to play more!

I'm about 47% through the campaign. HOLY SHIT. SOMETHING HUGE JUST HAPPENED. :O

Also, I still don't know who that Arkham Knight prick is. He's getting on my nerves.

Top Bottom