Bayonetta

I only used items during some of the boss fights, mainly because my eyes have been getting worse and I found it difficult to read them that well. The final boss was disappointing compared to the first one, ah well.

I really loved it tho. You don't get to fight a dragon-type thing while surfing down the inside of a water twister that often.

Lex

Administrator
I sucked really badly at Bayonetta, but I still had a super fun time playing the game. It's just hilarious.

Pretty sure I had to change the difficulty setting just to get through it tbh. It was a long time ago that I played it.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, I didn't find the final boss that challenging compared to some of the other ones, I found it magically predictable (esp. the dodge moments) despite it being visually confusing as fuck. The only annoying thing was when she does the
miniature galaxies attack thing, turning Bayonetta into the little one
, IDK how to deal with that or whether it's even dodgeable.

BTW, spoiler tags y/n?

I've started at level 1 again at normal, trying to platinum all the levels fgj. Chapter 1, two attempts, failed :monster:. But I'm looking up guides and shit on the internets now, getting the two weapons I missed (the ice skates and rocket launchers) and finding Witch Hearts and whatnots. I probably missed half of it, :wacky:.

Like I said, I wasn't impressed at first, but in retrospect I'm inclined to rate it higher than DMC (3/4). Of course, I haven't played those in years, I probably missed something there.

Is the sequel any good, and will it be released on PS3? :awesome:

Lex

Administrator
The sequel is a Wii U exclusive for some unfathomable reason.

I think there is some random dev reason, but fuck that I want to play it and I can't because of the cesspool that is video game politics.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The reason is no one wanted to fund it. Nintendo did. No Nintendo = No Bayo 2.

MO0EwBQ.png

Last edited:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I haven't gotten back to Bayonetta 1 (been meaning to and really want to), but I did play through the B2 demo and it works basically the same way.

To get Gold on levels, you have to work in the moves that fire bullets from her guns and shoes before she uses a giant boot or hand finisher with her hair. So the combos usually goes:

Heavy attacks > gunfire sprays > hair finisher

Witch time helps multiply points during all this, torture attacks and maxing out on QTEs too

Better weapons help in getting Platinum, but I think you can only get Gold in the demo.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Alright, I can get into that exclusivity bit then :monster:. Has Nintendo ever ported anything outside of their own console? I think they're considering bringing the Pokemanz franchise to mobile (which would be huge and they could make billions easily)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
they've put a pokemon app on mobile now (don't think it's the same as the regular games though)

i think mass effect (1) used to be owned by microsoft? but that got ported onto the ps3 later on. the older gamecube exclusive resident evil games were released on other consoles later on. but i can't think of any nintendo franchises that have, though bayonetta isn't technically a nintendo franchise.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I saw that one, it's a / the trading card game. It got pretty low ratings because it crashes, :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i just learnt today that the link and samus costumes for the wii u version of bayonetta 1 give you special/exclusive attacks and abilities

and it hurt me emotionally

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Nintendo basically would own publishing rights. No chance of multiplats I think

I'm sad that it probably wont have much chance of being ported in any forseeable future but I'm glad Nintendo has an exclusive to be proud of. The narrative goes that Bayo 2 was struggling to find a publisher at all, so good on Nintendo for rescuing it in the first place

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
It's really only ever going to get ported if someone buys the studio - like EA or Square Enix or something. From the sounds of the problems they had securing a publisher for Bayo 2, I don't see that happening any time soon.

I'm not sure how these things work though. As Hito mentioned Microsoft owned the Publishing rights to ME1. Bioware was then bought by EA but I think if they had the publishing rights automatically from that they'd have published ME1 for the PS3 as soon as possible rather than waiting.

I'm really not sure how that one worked. Did they wait for some random rights thing to run out and then do it, or did they pay money or something? If I had to guess it would be that Microsoft owned the rights to publish for a limited time only since they didn't own Bioware. Since a similar thing appears to be happening here, I wouldn't rule out other console versions forever.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Someone else buying Platinum wouldn't actually change anything, since Sega is actually owner of the Bayonetta brand. :monster:

However, this is different than Mass Effect or other such exclusivity deals and whatnot. Platinum made it pretty clear that Nintendo literally put up the cash to make this game happen in the first place.

This is no limited exclusivity contract. The fact they equated it to "might as well ask for Zelda on PS3" says everything.
Even with Sega owning the IP, for all intents and purposes Bayonetta 2 is treated like a Nintendo first party title, it even shows them as co-copyright owner in the title screen.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
There is still a chance for a Bayo 3 to be multiplatform if someone else puts the money up for it though. :wackymonster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah Microsoft's publishing rights were probably time-limited regardless of EA's ownership Not that it mattered in any case, as it took a bazillion years for ME1 to be available on the PlayStation 3 in any shape or form :monster:

This is likely one of those third-party exclusive platforms that are genuinely third-party exclusive. Time will tell if it turns out to be a time-limited contract, but I highly doubt it, and the only company who might ever have claim to it would be Sega, if they bothered to buy Bayonetta 2 off Nintendo's hands (which I highly doubt Nintendo would acquiesce to in the first place)

Lex

Administrator
Well SEGA have precedent for not bringing out games for other consoles beyond their time as exclusives (Sonic Colours and the current Sonic series are an example) that actually would have done really well on other consoles.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind

Also, I'm starting to use the WiiU more lately, it's a good machine. My only miff is that it has made my Wii, purchased a year earlier, completely useless--reducing it to a wiimote charger.

I think if Sega and Nintendo really team up it could be the Dreamcast that should have been. They should bring all the old DC games and remaster them for the gamepad, particularly Space Channel 5. Valkyria Chronicles games would work really well with the pad too.

Yuri Lowell

Pro Adventurer
Action games are my forte. I can play dmc3 on it's hardest difficulty and get decent ranks with Turbo fired up, I should really open my copy of Bayonetta 2 and get down to business.

Lex

Administrator

Also, I'm starting to use the WiiU more lately, it's a good machine. My only miff is that it has made my Wii, purchased a year earlier, completely useless--reducing it to a wiimote charger.

I think if Sega and Nintendo really team up it could be the Dreamcast that should have been. They should bring all the old DC games and remaster them for the gamepad, particularly Space Channel 5. Valkyria Chronicles games would work really well with the pad too.

hands off my valkyria chronicles you nintendwhore

My absolute dream is for Nintendo to go under console-wise like SEGA did then the both of them can just team up with Playstation. Nintendo's got the software, Sony's got the hardware. Keep the green thing around to keep up console market competition and voila, Mario and Zelda and everything else amazing on Playstation.

a man can dream

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
hands off my valkyria chronicles you nintendwhore

My absolute dream is for Nintendo to go under console-wise like SEGA did then the both of them can just team up with Playstation. Nintendo's got the software, Sony's got the hardware. Keep the green thing around to keep up console market competition and voila, Mario and Zelda and everything else amazing on Playstation.

a man can dream

Ew, no.

If Nintendo has games you wanna play

Buy a fucking Nintendo console.

It's not rocket science.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I dunno Lex, sorry to say but Nintendo would lose its individuality if it does what Sega does now. It ain't sittin' well with me, as much as I wanna try a fucking 3D Pokemon adventure akin to FFX or something on a PS4 (the closest that comes to that is Ni No Kuni) but it'd be best if Nintendo brings its games up from its own consoles. It's still strong without a doubt.

Top Bottom